|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an important component in the development of mythology?
2. A myth embraces both of the following: ______________________.
3. What do all of the hunting rituals have in common?
4. Which of the following plays a role in the evolution of a specific mythology?
5. What do Campbell and Moyers claim has led to a lack of awareness of mythological foundations of western society's heritage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theme of Chapter 7?
2. How does Campbell define the function of mythology?
3. From where does the name of the Ganges River come?
4. What is Chapter 2 mainly about?
5. Why are contemporary rituals carried out?
6. What is the basis for measuring and recording time?
7. What do Neanderthal graves often include?
8. How does Campbell describe sexual desire?
9. In what way are the Assyrian temples similar to the Christian church?
10. What happens when individuals share their dreams with others?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the three major religions have similar myths and legends. Do you believe this is a coincidence? Why do you believe this is the case?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways do myths help members of a society cope with situations and life events? Do you believe that myths or legends in our society have helped you? In what way?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of shaman in society. How is this different from that of a priest or other religious figure? How is it the same?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)