|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the concept of God to become more of a world savior by the Jews?
2. How many universal themes does Campbell identify?
3. Whose myths fascinated Campbell as he was growing up?
4. What is the focus of Chapter 2?
5. What does Campbell state about sacred places?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did primitive societies associate gods?
2. What does the architecture of a city express?
3. What conclusion do Campbell and Moyers reach about current American society?
4. In what way are the Assyrian temples similar to the Christian church?
5. What is the Christian tradition the only one to portray?
6. What do all mythologies have in common?
7. What is the underlying assumption regarding human development according to Campbell?
8. What is Chapter 2 mainly about?
9. What is an integral part of the myths of creation?
10. On what is "The Power of Myth" based?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Hollywood perpetuate myths and legends? Do you believe this is necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe ways in which techniques and practices are used to communicate with God. Are these techniques universal? Why might they differ? Why might some be the same?
Essay Topic 3
Do you feel our current society needs new myths? Why or why not?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)