Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Campbell and Moyers claim has led to a lack of awareness of mythological foundations of western society's heritage?
2. Which of the following is not one of the more sophisticated concepts of God?
3. What is the end of the inward journey?
4. What types of media did the first storytellers use to create art?
5. When did Mexico City have great temples and considered a sacred city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Campbell indicate is easy to understand in relation to farming societies?
2. What did the Roman Catholic Church do which is an example of ritual evolution?
3. What do the Navaho hogans include?
4. How does Campbell describe sexual desire?
5. In what major religious icons can common elements be found?
6. On what is "The Power of Myth" based?
7. What do all mythologies have in common?
8. Why could it be said that the suppression of the goddess myths was not complete in the Christian tradition?
9. From where does the name of the Ganges River come?
10. In Plato's Symposium, how is gender defined?
Essay Topic 1
How does the concept of romantic love persist this day in Western culture? Does it persist in the same manner as the troubadours suggested? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the three major religions have similar myths and legends. Do you believe this is a coincidence? Why do you believe this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways do myths help members of a society cope with situations and life events? Do you believe that myths or legends in our society have helped you? In what way?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)