Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Campbell and Moyers claim has led to a lack of awareness of mythological foundations of western society's heritage?
2. Which of the following is not one of the more sophisticated concepts of God?
3. What is the end of the inward journey?
4. What types of media did the first storytellers use to create art?
5. When did Mexico City have great temples and considered a sacred city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Campbell indicate is easy to understand in relation to farming societies?
2. What did the Roman Catholic Church do which is an example of ritual evolution?
3. What do the Navaho hogans include?
4. How does Campbell describe sexual desire?
5. In what major religious icons can common elements be found?
6. On what is "The Power of Myth" based?
7. What do all mythologies have in common?
8. Why could it be said that the suppression of the goddess myths was not complete in the Christian tradition?
9. From where does the name of the Ganges River come?
10. In Plato's Symposium, how is gender defined?
Can myths adapt? Why or why not? In what ways is it necessary for them to adapt?
Do you agree with Campbell's assertion that man's view of God depends on the encompassing culture? Why or Why not? How do missionaries play into this idea?
Why do you think myths adapt and change from society? Do you think that continues in modern time? Is it possible to have a consistent myth across societies? Why or why not?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)