|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Campbell indicate that mythologies evolved from after Hunter-Gatherer?
(a) Metal working
2. Which of the following rivers are considered in the Near East?
3. Which of the following was not a major river which played an important part in the development of societies and cultures?
4. Who do Campbell and Moyers credit with the origination of love?
(d) Anglo Saxons
5. What image is depicted of the Goddess Nut from Egypt?
(a) Swallowing the sun
(b) Giving birth to the moon
(c) Giving birth to the savior
(d) Swallowing the moon
Short Answer Questions
1. What influence does Campbell indicate leads to the reemergence of the female figure in the Christian religion?
2. What is a powerful symbol that appears in all religions and cultures?
3. To what figure from Germanic and Celtic myths did Campbell expose his students?
4. Whose legend does Campbell recall which is in a similar vein to Sir Gawain's legend?
5. To whose epiphany writings does Campbell compare his own athletic experience?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)