|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of teacher was Campbell that he recounts in Chapter 8?
(d) Comparative mythology
2. What image is depicted of the Goddess Nut from Egypt?
(a) Giving birth to the moon
(b) Swallowing the moon
(c) Swallowing the sun
(d) Giving birth to the savior
3. From what does Campbell indicate society must protect itself?
(a) Emotional trauma of not finding true love
(b) Unconditional love
(c) Romantice love
(d) Chaos of excessive indulgence
4. In which culture does the deity include both male and female entities?
5. To what figure from Germanic and Celtic myths did Campbell expose his students?
(a) Archetypical figures
(b) Mother figures
(c) Clown figures
(d) Father figures
Short Answer Questions
1. In which previous chapter was the idea of love and marriage discussed?
2. What is God in the Oriental culture?
3. What influence does Campbell indicate leads to the reemergence of the female figure in the Christian religion?
4. What did the troubadours become known as?
5. What is lacking in relation to the figures unearthed in Europe dating back to the Neolithic period?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)