|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Campbell indicate that man's view of God depends?
(a) Own beliefs
(b) Societal norms
(c) Parent beliefs
(d) Encompassing culture
2. Which invaders conquered the established societies in the Fourth Millennium B.C.?
(c) Semitic and Indo-European
3. Who crushed the Albigensians?
(a) The Church of the Middle Ages
(b) Pope Innocent III
(c) Pope John Paul
(d) The Ango Saxons
4. The subject of Chapter 5 is in which of the following forms?
5. The person who leaves the existing world is embarking on a _____________.
(b) dream quest
(c) spiritual wakening
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following rivers are considered in the Near East?
2. When does Jesus go into the the desert?
3. With what is the Goddess identified?
4. When, approximately, did the suppression of the Goddess religions come about?
5. What image is depicted of the Goddess Nut from Egypt?
Short Essay Questions
1. From where does the name of the Ganges River come?
2. The legends of heroes also can describe what besides religions?
3. In what major religious icons can common elements be found?
4. In relation to the Neolithic figures that have been unearthed, what issue does Campbell not address?
5. Where does the author indicate variations in generalized hero legends can be found?
6. What is the basis for measuring and recording time?
7. When and with whom did the concept of romantic love originate?
8. How does Campbell describe sexual desire?
9. Instead of the Crucifixion, what does the Oriental tradition describe in relation to Bodhisattva?
10. How does Campbell describe the acceptance of the concept of romantic love by contemporary western society?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)