|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the troubadours describe love?
(a) The means
(b) The goal
(c) The ideal
(d) The only
2. What is lacking in relation to the figures unearthed in Europe dating back to the Neolithic period?
(a) Male counterparts
(b) Fertility ritual figures
(c) Female figures
(d) Worship figures
3. What is the name of Campbell's previously published book?
(a) Tales of Love and Marriage
(b) The Hero with a Thousand Faces
(c) The Hero's Adventure
(d) Masks of Eternity
4. When, approximately, did the suppression of the Goddess religions come about?
(a) Third Millenium BC
(b) Fifth Millennium BC
(c) Seventh Millennium BC
(d) Fourth Millennium BC
5. What did the troubadours become known as?
(a) Singers of love
(b) Love doctors
(c) Love mates
(d) Actors of love
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country's myth does Campbell compare the clown figure?
2. Campbell and Moyers identify the development of the cult of the individual as being important at the _____________________________________.
3. What influence does Campbell indicate leads to the reemergence of the female figure in the Christian religion?
4. From what geographical area is the myth of the princely hunter?
5. Rather than a means to an end, Campbell said that religion's role is more likely this?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)