|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Campbell indicate that man's view of God depends?
(a) Encompassing culture
(b) Own beliefs
(c) Societal norms
(d) Parent beliefs
2. From what does Campbell indicate society must protect itself?
(a) Chaos of excessive indulgence
(b) Romantice love
(c) Unconditional love
(d) Emotional trauma of not finding true love
3. Which of the following is true about sexual desire according to Campbell?
4. What influence does Campbell indicate leads to the reemergence of the female figure in the Christian religion?
(a) Hebrew people
(b) Roman Catholic church
5. Who does Moses meet on the summit of a mountain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rather than a means to an end, Campbell said that religion's role is more likely this?
2. Which term best describes the manner in which Campbell and Moyers deal with the knowledge of God and eternity?
3. To whose epiphany writings does Campbell compare his own athletic experience?
4. The subject of Chapter 5 is in which of the following forms?
5. Who has never uttered a word of recrimination or complaint toward their persecutors in the Chinese government?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theme of Chapter 7?
2. What image does Campbell evoke to illustrate what he is trying to convey when he discusses the concept of eternity?
3. What are liturgies?
4. What does Campbell describe in Chapter 6?
5. What is a universal desire, according to Campbell?
6. In relation to the Neolithic figures that have been unearthed, what issue does Campbell not address?
7. What do the myths of the Iroquois beautiful maid and her many suitors, as well as the English tale of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight tell?
8. Why could it be said that the suppression of the goddess myths was not complete in the Christian tradition?
9. When and with whom did the concept of romantic love originate?
10. Who described an expression of metaphysical idea that life is part of one great dream of a single dreamer?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)