|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What region has symbols of the bull and boar representing male power?
2. According to Campbell, infidelity goes against which of the following?
(a) Greater good of scoiety
(c) Martin Luther
3. Which of the following rivers are considered in the Near East?
4. Who has never uttered a word of recrimination or complaint toward their persecutors in the Chinese government?
(a) Buddhist monks
(b) Jesus Christ
(c) Dalai Lama
5. Who crushed the Albigensians?
(a) The Church of the Middle Ages
(b) Pope John Paul
(c) The Ango Saxons
(d) Pope Innocent III
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jesus go into the the desert?
2. In which of the following religions is mankind identified as being included and participating with the deity?
3. Which of the following is true about sexual desire according to Campbell?
4. What types of figures which dated back to the Neolithic period were found in Europe?
5. Which term best describes the manner in which Campbell and Moyers deal with the knowledge of God and eternity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why could it be said that the suppression of the goddess myths was not complete in the Christian tradition?
2. How does the hero in a myth become a hero?
3. What is the theme of Chapter 7?
4. From where does the name of the Ganges River come?
5. What does Campbell indicate is easy to understand in relation to farming societies?
6. What is a universal desire, according to Campbell?
7. What is the Albigensian movement?
8. Who described an expression of metaphysical idea that life is part of one great dream of a single dreamer?
9. What placed the Goddess as a counterpart to the male God who judges and punishes mankind?
10. Instead of the Crucifixion, what does the Oriental tradition describe in relation to Bodhisattva?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)