|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is immortal and voluntarily participates in the sorrows of the world?
(a) Tibetan Buddhist Monks
(b) Jesus Christ
2. What about life is universally recognized according to Campbell?
(a) There is existance beyond mankind's cognizance.
(b) There is more than one God.
(c) God is a man.
(d) Life is created by God.
3. What is God in the Oriental culture?
(a) Creator of the universe
(b) Keeper of the universe
(c) Survivor of the universe
(d) Manifestation of the universe
4. The person who leaves the existing world is embarking on a _____________.
(b) spiritual wakening
(c) dream quest
5. What does Campbell indicate is identified as the natural choice for supreme being?
(d) There is no clear choice
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Myth of the Birth of the Hero?"
2. What type of man do Campbell and Moyer say that God is?
3. To what country's myth does Campbell compare the clown figure?
4. Which of the following can be said that occurs in the stories of Jesus Christ, Buddha and Moses?
5. Which of the following is a Greek legend from which Campbell quotes?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)