|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the Albigensian Crusade begun?
2. What is the dominant theme of the Mediterranean region's religious history?
(c) Fertility ritual figures
3. When does Jesus go into the the desert?
(a) Before he is baptised
(b) After he begins preaching his message
(c) After his baptism
(d) After he is crucified
4. The psychology of love does not affect which of the following in regard to knights?
(a) Code of chivalry
(b) Rules of engagement in tournaments
(c) Tools to be used in tournaments or duels
(d) Rules of engagement in duels
5. Whose legend does Campbell recall which is in a similar vein to Sir Gawain's legend?
(b) Iroquois legend
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following rivers are considered in the Near East?
2. Which of the following is true about sexual desire according to Campbell?
3. Which legend of knights is used to affirm the idea of romantic love?
4. Who wrote "The Myth of the Birth of the Hero?"
5. What does Campbell indicate is identified as the natural choice for supreme being?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)