|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many creatures does Aristophanes tell were created at the beginning of time?
2. The accounts of legends in Africa all highlight the basic relationship between _________________.
(a) religious leaders and God
(b) hunters and prey
(c) people and God
(d) life and death
3. Modern churches are built like what according to Campbell?
(c) Office buildings
4. How many creation myths does Campbell share from the Bible?
5. When do dreams become a part of society's myths?
(a) When people share the dreams and metaphors from the dreams
(b) When dreams are interpreted by psychologists
(c) When they act out a known society's myth
(d) When there are specific actions or symbols in the dreams
Short Answer Questions
1. In the hunting and gathering society, mythology consisted of appeasing the animal gods. In the farming society it consisted of what?
2. Why do Campbell and Moyers say people visit the Holy Land?
3. What does Campbell say that architecture forms in Western Society?
4. What changed about God in the Judeo-Christian group of cultures from preceding societies?
5. Which of the following is not one of the more sophisticated concepts of God?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to myths over time?
2. How have myths helped Campbell?
3. What do hunting rituals have in common?
4. What do all mythologies have in common?
5. What is a shaman?
6. What is the Christian tradition the only one to portray?
7. What happens with the coming of the planting cycle?
8. What is an integral part of the myths of creation?
9. How does Campbell describe his upbringing?
10. What are the rituals concerned with after the society has shifted from hunters to farmers?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)