|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed about God in the Judeo-Christian group of cultures from preceding societies?
(a) Gender from female to male
(b) From a passive to a vengeful god
(d) Gender from male to female
2. The accounts of legends in Africa all highlight the basic relationship between _________________.
(a) people and God
(b) life and death
(c) religious leaders and God
(d) hunters and prey
3. What do the Navaho include in their sand paintings?
(a) Mythologized animals figures
(b) White men
4. Of which general religion is Campbell?
5. In the Pawnee legend, how does Tirawa tell man he will show himself?
(a) Through animals and heavenly bodies
(b) Through animals interactions with humans
(c) Through the hunters
(d) Through the stars and planets
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Jews were in Babylon their God was ____________.
2. Which of the following is not one of the universal themes identified by Campbell?
3. How have myths helped Campbell view his body?
4. A myth embraces both of the following: ______________________.
5. Which of the following religions is the only one to portray the serpent as seducer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when individuals share their dreams with others?
2. What do places of worship include which are similar across various religions?
3. What do hunting rituals have in common?
4. What are the rituals concerned with after the society has shifted from hunters to farmers?
5. What are some universal themes in myths that occur in all societies and all epochs?
6. What conclusion do Campbell and Moyers reach about current American society?
7. What is the Christian tradition the only one to portray?
8. How does Campbell describe his upbringing?
9. What do all mythologies have in common?
10. What happens with the coming of the planting cycle?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)