|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the end of the inward journey?
(a) To find God in the subconscious is part of all religions.
(b) God is in each of us.
(c) God is not inside us, but rather an outsider.
(d) God can look inside of us to see our ideals.
2. Grave burials which show weapons and possessions are an indication of a belief in ____________________.
(a) burial rituals
(b) life after death
3. In what time period were the Sumerian seals documented?
(a) 3500 BC
(b) 4000 BC
(c) 3500 AD
(d) 2000 BC
4. Which of the following could be considered an example of a paramount modern social institution?
(a) Job status
5. To what does Campbell compare a cathedral?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following cities is an example of the importance of architecture as an expression of spiritual tenets?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term contradictory?
3. Which of the following religions is the only one to portray the serpent as seducer?
4. The accounts of legends in Africa all highlight the basic relationship between _________________.
5. What do Campbell and Moyers indicate has lost its force and become a mere remnant of the original in regard to marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the architecture of a city express?
2. What is an integral part of the myths of creation?
3. What did the Roman Catholic Church do which is an example of ritual evolution?
4. How does Campbell define the function of mythology?
5. What happens when individuals share their dreams with others?
6. What happens when different cultures expand their spheres of influence and come into contact with each other?
7. In what way are the Assyrian temples similar to the Christian church?
8. How did primitive societies associate gods?
9. What is the Christian tradition the only one to portray?
10. What previously published books influenced this text?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)