|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Campbell attempt to equate the beginning of the Reformation?
(a) Martin Luther
(b) Romantic love
(d) Search for the holy grail
2. Who do Campbell and Moyers credit with the origination of love?
(c) Anglo Saxons
3. What type of man do Campbell and Moyer say that God is?
4. On what does Campbell indicate that man's view of God depends?
(a) Encompassing culture
(b) Own beliefs
(c) Societal norms
(d) Parent beliefs
5. What does Campbell indicate will emerge to replace the old traditional mythologies?
(a) Goddess mythology
(b) Global mythology
(c) Stable mythology
(d) Galactic mythology
6. What region has symbols of the bull and boar representing male power?
7. What about life is universally recognized according to Campbell?
(a) Life is created by God.
(b) God is a man.
(c) There is existance beyond mankind's cognizance.
(d) There is more than one God.
8. To what country's myth does Campbell compare the clown figure?
9. In what year was the Albigensian Crusade begun?
10. Campbell indicates the troubadours and their ideas about love were associated with which movement?
(c) Anglo Saxon
11. Rather than a means to an end, Campbell said that religion's role is more likely this?
12. What seems to be a commonality among all cultures in relation to God according to Campbell?
(a) Stories about God to pass down
(b) Introduction of similarities to other Gods
(c) Reliance on God to set rules
(d) Identification and union with God
13. When, approximately, did the suppression of the Goddess religions come about?
(a) Seventh Millennium BC
(b) Third Millenium BC
(c) Fourth Millennium BC
(d) Fifth Millennium BC
14. What did Campbell indicate that mythologies evolved from after Hunter-Gatherer?
(b) Metal working
15. Which of the following can be said that occurs in the stories of Jesus Christ, Buddha and Moses?
(a) Similar features
(b) Common elements
(c) Exact same story, different geographical areas
(d) No commonalities
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of teacher was Campbell that he recounts in Chapter 8?
2. Which of the following rivers are considered in the Near East?
3. Which of the following went into solitude and emerged to sit beneath a bo tree?
4. Who formalizes the dogma of Mary being the Mother of God?
5. According to Campbell, infidelity goes against which of the following?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)