|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The psychology of love does not affect which of the following in regard to knights?
(a) Rules of engagement in tournaments
(b) Code of chivalry
(c) Rules of engagement in duels
(d) Tools to be used in tournaments or duels
2. Who wrote "The Myth of the Birth of the Hero?"
(a) Tibetan Buddhist monks
(b) Otto Rank
(d) Dalai Lama
3. Campbell indicates the troubadours and their ideas about love were associated with which movement?
(b) Anglo Saxon
4. Which invaders conquered the established societies in the Fourth Millennium B.C.?
(a) Semitic and Indo-European
5. What does Campbell indicate will emerge to replace the old traditional mythologies?
(a) Global mythology
(b) Galactic mythology
(c) Stable mythology
(d) Goddess mythology
6. What does Jesus do when he returns from the desert?
(a) Goes to the summit of the mountain
(b) Is baptised
(c) Sits under the tree of immortal knowledge
(d) Begins preaching his message
7. What is the bo tree known as?
(a) Tree of wisdom
(b) Tree of life
(c) Tree of new religion
(d) Tree of immortal knowledge
8. What does the Church of the Middle Ages indicate that marriages are not?
(b) Based on love
(c) Political in nature
(d) Social in nature
9. What does Campbell indicate the concept of romantic love stresses in Western culture?
(a) Demands of society
(b) Preeminence of the individual's experience
(c) Chaos of society
(d) Constraints of the society
10. Which of the following can be said that occurs in the stories of Jesus Christ, Buddha and Moses?
(a) No commonalities
(b) Exact same story, different geographical areas
(c) Similar features
(d) Common elements
11. How do the troubadours describe love?
(a) The means
(b) The only
(c) The goal
(d) The ideal
12. What comes from the release of fears and sorrows of the world?
13. Which of the following is a Greek legend from which Campbell quotes?
(c) Don Quizote
14. Which of the following is true about sexual desire according to Campbell?
15. Which of the following themes best describes the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lacking in relation to the figures unearthed in Europe dating back to the Neolithic period?
2. Of what kind of myths and legends does Campbell provide specific examples?
3. Whose legend does Campbell recall which is in a similar vein to Sir Gawain's legend?
4. Who crushed the Albigensians?
5. In which culture does the deity include both male and female entities?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)