|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a Greek legend from which Campbell quotes?
(b) Don Quizote
2. What is lacking in relation to the figures unearthed in Europe dating back to the Neolithic period?
(a) Worship figures
(b) Male counterparts
(c) Female figures
(d) Fertility ritual figures
3. What does Campbell indicate is identified as the natural choice for supreme being?
(d) There is no clear choice
4. The psychology of love does not affect which of the following in regard to knights?
(a) Code of chivalry
(b) Tools to be used in tournaments or duels
(c) Rules of engagement in duels
(d) Rules of engagement in tournaments
5. Which of the following best describes how the person on the journey returns?
(a) A saint
6. What seems to be a commonality among all cultures in relation to God according to Campbell?
(a) Reliance on God to set rules
(b) Stories about God to pass down
(c) Introduction of similarities to other Gods
(d) Identification and union with God
7. What two symbols are combined in a powerful union through the Goddess Nut?
(a) Heavenly body and mother earth
(b) Mother earth and the goddess
(c) Sunrise and sunset
(d) Moon and sun
8. What comes from the release of fears and sorrows of the world?
9. Which of the following is true about sexual desire according to Campbell?
10. What is God in the Oriental culture?
(a) Creator of the universe
(b) Survivor of the universe
(c) Keeper of the universe
(d) Manifestation of the universe
11. How does Campbell indicate that role models for society are created?
(a) Following the rules of the heros
(b) Surviving the evildoers
(c) The writings from the Gods
(d) Heroes overcoming challenges
12. What region has symbols of the bull and boar representing male power?
13. Whose legend does Campbell recall which is in a similar vein to Sir Gawain's legend?
(b) Iroquois legend
14. Which term best describes the manner in which Campbell and Moyers deal with the knowledge of God and eternity?
(a) No way
15. What did Campbell indicate that mythologies evolved from after Hunter-Gatherer?
(d) Metal working
Short Answer Questions
1. In which culture does the deity include both male and female entities?
2. Which legend of knights is used to affirm the idea of romantic love?
3. What does Moses bring back from the summit of the mountain?
4. Which of the following historical developments does Campbell trace in Chapter 6?
5. What does Campbell indicate the concept of romantic love stresses in Western culture?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)