|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An indication of how Western culture might have evolved had Hebrew mythology not survived can be seen in ___________________________.
(a) religions of India
(b) Asian religions
(c) religions of Africa
(d) religions of South America
2. Who formalizes the dogma of Mary being the Mother of God?
(a) Notre Dame Council
(b) Greek culture
(c) Council of Ephesus
(d) Roman Catholic Church
3. To what country's myth does Campbell compare the clown figure?
4. Who crushed the Albigensians?
(a) The Church of the Middle Ages
(b) Pope John Paul
(c) Pope Innocent III
(d) The Ango Saxons
5. How do the troubadours describe love?
(a) The only
(b) The means
(c) The goal
(d) The ideal
6. The psychology of love does not affect which of the following in regard to knights?
(a) Tools to be used in tournaments or duels
(b) Rules of engagement in tournaments
(c) Code of chivalry
(d) Rules of engagement in duels
7. Which of the following rivers are considered in the Near East?
8. Which term best describes the manner in which Campbell and Moyers deal with the knowledge of God and eternity?
(a) No way
9. What complaint do Campbell and Moyers repeat in Chapter 5?
(a) Youth no longer believes in myths.
(b) Modern society does not have adequate myths for the youth.
(c) Schools do not teach enough mythology.
(d) There are too many myths in our society.
10. Which legend of knights is used to affirm the idea of romantic love?
(a) Paolo and Fransesca
(b) Tristan and Isolde
(c) Holy Grail
(d) King Arthur
11. In which culture does the deity include both male and female entities?
12. What types of figures which dated back to the Neolithic period were found in Europe?
(c) Virgin Mary
13. What is God in the Oriental culture?
(a) Manifestation of the universe
(b) Keeper of the universe
(c) Creator of the universe
(d) Survivor of the universe
14. With what is the Goddess identified?
15. When, approximately, did the suppression of the Goddess religions come about?
(a) Fourth Millennium BC
(b) Fifth Millennium BC
(c) Seventh Millennium BC
(d) Third Millenium BC
Short Answer Questions
1. Who often arranged for traditional marriage?
2. What color was the knight that was linked in a myth with SIr Gawain?
3. Which of the following can be said that occurs in the stories of Jesus Christ, Buddha and Moses?
4. Which of the following describes how the Hebrew tradition referred to the Canaanite Goddess?
5. Campbell and Moyers identify the development of the cult of the individual as being important at the _____________________________________.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)