|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who formalizes the dogma of Mary being the Mother of God?
(a) Roman Catholic Church
(b) Council of Ephesus
(c) Greek culture
(d) Notre Dame Council
2. To what does Campbell attempt to equate the beginning of the Reformation?
(b) Romantic love
(c) Martin Luther
(d) Search for the holy grail
3. Which of the following describes how the Hebrew tradition referred to the Canaanite Goddess?
(a) Destroying mother earth
(b) Mother of all that is earth
(d) Goddess of all
4. What image is depicted of the Goddess Nut from Egypt?
(a) Swallowing the sun
(b) Swallowing the moon
(c) Giving birth to the moon
(d) Giving birth to the savior
5. What region has symbols of the bull and boar representing male power?
6. What is the name of Campbell's previously published book?
(a) Tales of Love and Marriage
(b) Masks of Eternity
(c) The Hero with a Thousand Faces
(d) The Hero's Adventure
7. Who crushed the Albigensians?
(a) The Church of the Middle Ages
(b) Pope Innocent III
(c) Pope John Paul
(d) The Ango Saxons
8. What color was the knight that was linked in a myth with SIr Gawain?
9. What does Moses bring back from the summit of the mountain?
(a) Sea scrolls
(b) Ark of the covenent
(c) Ten Commandments
10. What does Jesus do when he returns from the desert?
(a) Goes to the summit of the mountain
(b) Is baptised
(c) Begins preaching his message
(d) Sits under the tree of immortal knowledge
11. What does Campbell indicate will emerge to replace the old traditional mythologies?
(a) Galactic mythology
(b) Goddess mythology
(c) Stable mythology
(d) Global mythology
12. The psychology of love does not affect which of the following in regard to knights?
(a) Rules of engagement in duels
(b) Tools to be used in tournaments or duels
(c) Rules of engagement in tournaments
(d) Code of chivalry
13. What is the bo tree known as?
(a) Tree of immortal knowledge
(b) Tree of life
(c) Tree of new religion
(d) Tree of wisdom
14. In which of the following religions is mankind identified as being included and participating with the deity?
15. The Semitic and Indo-European invaders were mainly what?
(a) Stationary hunters
(b) Hunters and nomads
Short Answer Questions
1. Which invaders conquered the established societies in the Fourth Millennium B.C.?
2. To what figure from Germanic and Celtic myths did Campbell expose his students?
3. Which of the following is a Greek legend from which Campbell quotes?
4. In which previous chapter was the idea of love and marriage discussed?
5. When, approximately, did the suppression of the Goddess religions come about?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)