|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The psychology of love does not affect which of the following in regard to knights?
(a) Code of chivalry
(b) Rules of engagement in duels
(c) Tools to be used in tournaments or duels
(d) Rules of engagement in tournaments
2. What two symbols are combined in a powerful union through the Goddess Nut?
(a) Moon and sun
(b) Heavenly body and mother earth
(c) Mother earth and the goddess
(d) Sunrise and sunset
3. In which previous chapter was the idea of love and marriage discussed?
4. To what figure from Germanic and Celtic myths did Campbell expose his students?
(a) Clown figures
(b) Mother figures
(c) Archetypical figures
(d) Father figures
5. Which term best describes the manner in which Campbell and Moyers deal with the knowledge of God and eternity?
(a) No way
6. What comes from the release of fears and sorrows of the world?
7. The Semitic and Indo-European invaders were mainly what?
(a) Hunters and nomads
(d) Stationary hunters
8. All of the great religions advocate what in some form with the deity?
9. Campbell and Moyers identify the development of the cult of the individual as being important at the _____________________________________.
(a) evolution of modern western culture
(b) beginning of the idea of love
(c) beginning of arranged marriage
(d) ending of the idea of celibacy
10. Whose legend does Campbell recall which is in a similar vein to Sir Gawain's legend?
(c) Iroquois legend
11. An indication of how Western culture might have evolved had Hebrew mythology not survived can be seen in ___________________________.
(a) religions of India
(b) Asian religions
(c) religions of Africa
(d) religions of South America
12. Which of the following is a Greek legend from which Campbell quotes?
(b) Don Quizote
13. What type of man do Campbell and Moyer say that God is?
14. What image is depicted of the Goddess Nut from Egypt?
(a) Swallowing the moon
(b) Swallowing the sun
(c) Giving birth to the moon
(d) Giving birth to the savior
15. Which of the following cultures used the circle to represent the embodiment of the center of their mythology?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of societies and cultures identified with the Goddess?
2. In which culture does the deity include both male and female entities?
3. Which of the following best describes how the person on the journey returns?
4. Who often arranged for traditional marriage?
5. From what geographical area is the myth of the princely hunter?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)