|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the knight that was linked in a myth with SIr Gawain?
2. Which type of societies and cultures identified with the Goddess?
(a) Those near the ocean
(b) Those in the mountains
(c) Those in the river valleys
(d) Those with the most power and knowledge
3. When, approximately, did the suppression of the Goddess religions come about?
(a) Fifth Millennium BC
(b) Seventh Millennium BC
(c) Fourth Millennium BC
(d) Third Millenium BC
4. Campbell indicates the troubadours and their ideas about love were associated with which movement?
(c) Anglo Saxon
5. To what country's myth does Campbell compare the clown figure?
6. Which of the following best describes how the person on the journey returns?
(c) A saint
7. In which culture does the deity include both male and female entities?
8. What did the troubadours become known as?
(a) Love doctors
(b) Actors of love
(c) Singers of love
(d) Love mates
9. What complaint do Campbell and Moyers repeat in Chapter 5?
(a) There are too many myths in our society.
(b) Schools do not teach enough mythology.
(c) Modern society does not have adequate myths for the youth.
(d) Youth no longer believes in myths.
10. To whose epiphany writings does Campbell compare his own athletic experience?
11. What is the earth considered throughout myths of the farming era?
(a) Goddess itself
(b) Supportive system
(c) Life and renewal
(d) Beginning of the end
12. What seems to be a commonality among all cultures in relation to God according to Campbell?
(a) Reliance on God to set rules
(b) Introduction of similarities to other Gods
(c) Stories about God to pass down
(d) Identification and union with God
13. Who does Moses meet on the summit of a mountain?
14. Which of the following themes best describes the beginning of Chapter 8?
15. An indication of how Western culture might have evolved had Hebrew mythology not survived can be seen in ___________________________.
(a) religions of India
(b) Asian religions
(c) religions of South America
(d) religions of Africa
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of figures which dated back to the Neolithic period were found in Europe?
2. What type of man do Campbell and Moyer say that God is?
3. Which of the following is true about sexual desire according to Campbell?
4. Buddhist teachings indicate that though there is suffering in life, people should do what?
5. To what figure from Germanic and Celtic myths did Campbell expose his students?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)