|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II, The Inward Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best definition of a myth?
(a) Body of stories and legends
(b) Cultural norms
(c) Society's unspoken rules
(d) Written history of mankind
2. Campbell indicates that it is possible for contradictory versions of a myth can exist in the _______ culture.
3. Of which general religion is Campbell?
4. What can be said to reappear over and over throughout various mythologies?
5. What do Campbell and Moyers indicate has lost its force and become a mere remnant of the original in regard to marriage?
(a) Ritual marriage
(b) Social marriages
(d) Monogamous marriage
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the snake (from the creation story) regarded in India?
2. In what time period were the Sumerian seals documented?
3. What is an important component in the development of mythology?
4. What does the birth of an individual become transformed into in myths and legends?
5. Which of the following could be considered an example of a paramount modern social institution?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)