|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II, The Inward Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion do Campbell and Moyers reach about mythology in current society?
(a) There is too much effective ritual and mythology.
(b) There are no rituals and mythology.
(c) There is just the right amount of effective ritual and mythology.
(d) There is a lack of effective ritual and mythology.
2. In the Buddhist and Upanishad traditions, God assumes what gender?
(c) Neither female or male, but is both
3. What do Campbell and Moyers indicate has lost its force and become a mere remnant of the original in regard to marriage?
(b) Ritual marriage
(c) Social marriages
(d) Monogamous marriage
4. Which of the following is not one of the more sophisticated concepts of God?
(a) Giver of life
(b) Ultimate Lord of the Universe
(c) Creator of the World
(d) Supreme Being
5. Which of the following plays a role in the evolution of a specific mythology?
(a) Geographic context
(b) Point of view
(c) Who recorded it
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the physical scope of Biblical mythology?
2. What is the best definition of a myth?
3. Which of the following is not one of the universal themes identified by Campbell?
4. How many universal themes does Campbell identify?
5. The monster who devours himself until only his face is left becomes a symbol of the ____________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)