|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II, The Inward Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stage in marriage where a mythological image embodies the sacrifice of the visible for a transcendent good?
(a) Last stage
(b) Chemical Stage
(c) First stage
(d) Alchemical stage
2. How many creatures does Aristophanes tell were created at the beginning of time?
3. According to Campbell, what is the function of a mythology?
(a) To provide a similar base for all parties upon which to live
(b) To punish those that deviate from society's norms
(c) To record history
(d) To educate the young and give them a means to cope with life
4. How many creation myths does Campbell share from the Bible?
5. Which of the following plays a role in the evolution of a specific mythology?
(a) Point of view
(c) Geographic context
(d) Who recorded it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the birth of an individual become transformed into in myths and legends?
2. What changed about God in the Judeo-Christian group of cultures from preceding societies?
3. What is the focus of Chapter 2?
4. Meditation of the yogis in the Himalayas leads each individual to _______________________.
5. How does Campbell indicate all love affairs will end?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)