|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II, The Inward Journey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Campbell, what is the function of a mythology?
(a) To record history
(b) To punish those that deviate from society's norms
(c) To educate the young and give them a means to cope with life
(d) To provide a similar base for all parties upon which to live
2. When the Jews were in Babylon their God was ____________.
(a) A local tribal god
(b) The savior
(d) The same as the present day god
3. How many creation myths does Campbell share from the Bible?
4. The monster who devours himself until only his face is left becomes a symbol of the ____________.
(a) Face of Heaven
(b) Face of God
(c) Face of Glory
(d) Face of saviors
5. Which of the following is not one of the universal themes identified by Campbell?
(a) Identification of God
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Campbell indicate all love affairs will end?
2. A myth embraces both of the following: ______________________.
3. What is the focus of Chapter 2?
4. Which of the following cannot be divorced from a specific culture and environment from the time it occurs?
5. What Indian God is used to describe the idea of killing and eating other living beings?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)