|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, The Hero's Adventure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mexico City have great temples and considered a sacred city?
(a) In the Neolithic period
(b) Before the Spaniards invaded
(c) After the Spaniards invaded
(d) During the middle ages
2. From what geographical area is the myth of the princely hunter?
3. Which of the following cannot be divorced from a specific culture and environment from the time it occurs?
(c) Writing of a historical nature
4. The person who leaves the existing world is embarking on a _____________.
(a) dream quest
(b) spiritual wakening
5. Which specific cathedral does Campbell indicate he has visited numerous times?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose myths fascinated Campbell as he was growing up?
2. What does Campbell state about sacred places?
3. Where was it especially common to find early societies assigning special powers to plants and animals?
4. What does Moses bring back from the summit of the mountain?
5. What does Campbell say that he finds is an ideal place for meditation?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)