|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, The Hero's Adventure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grave burials which show weapons and possessions are an indication of a belief in ____________________.
(b) life after death
(d) burial rituals
2. Which of the following is another name for Mexico City?
3. Campbell tells Moyers that myths have helped him deal with _____________________________.
(a) the death of his relatives
(b) explaining the importance of myths to others
(c) feelings he experiences as he moves into his own last years
(d) acceptance of a life after death
4. How many signs of the zodiac are incorporated into Assyrian temples?
5. Whose legend does Campbell recall which is in a similar vein to Sir Gawain's legend?
(d) Iroquois legend
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is immortal and voluntarily participates in the sorrows of the world?
2. What is the architecture of a city an expression of in a society?
3. Which of the following is not one of the more sophisticated concepts of God?
4. Which of the following plays a role in the evolution of a specific mythology?
5. What does Campbell say that he finds is an ideal place for meditation?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)