|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, The Hero's Adventure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meditation of the yogis in the Himalayas leads each individual to _______________________.
(a) identify themselves with Shiva
(b) find God within himself/herself
(c) suspend thoughts and stress
(d) provide time to reflect on life
2. How were myths and legends handed down before the invention of writing?
(a) Oral traditions only
(b) Rituals and oral traditions
(c) They were often lost and not handed down
(d) Rituals only
3. What is the name of Campbell's previously published book?
(a) Masks of Eternity
(b) Tales of Love and Marriage
(c) The Hero's Adventure
(d) The Hero with a Thousand Faces
4. When the Jews were in Babylon their God was ____________.
(b) A local tribal god
(c) The same as the present day god
(d) The savior
5. What is the architecture of a city an expression of in a society?
(a) Spiritual powers
(b) Universal sanctification
(c) Spiritual tenets
(d) Sacred places
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following can be said that occurs in the stories of Jesus Christ, Buddha and Moses?
2. What does Black Elk see in his vision?
3. Whose legends are in direct contrast to the idea that man is superior to animals?
4. What is the best definition of a myth?
5. According to Campbell, what is the function of a mythology?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)