|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, The Hero's Adventure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Campbell call the cave paintings?
(a) Landscapes of the soul
(b) Spiritual Life
(d) Cultural transitions
2. Which of the following can be said that occurs in the stories of Jesus Christ, Buddha and Moses?
(a) Common elements
(b) No commonalities
(c) Similar features
(d) Exact same story, different geographical areas
3. From what geographical area is the myth of the princely hunter?
4. How many signs of the zodiac are incorporated into Assyrian temples?
5. Campbell indicates that it is possible for contradictory versions of a myth can exist in the _______ culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Campbell say that he finds is an ideal place for meditation?
2. Where was it especially common to find early societies assigning special powers to plants and animals?
3. Which of the following cultures is an example of a culture which sanctifies its own land?
4. When the Jews were in Babylon their God was ____________.
5. How many creation myths does Campbell share from the Bible?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)