|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of area do people consider East Tremont to be?
2. What will happen if Rockefeller breaks the bond covenants?
3. Whose design does Moses use to build a tunnel in this section?
4. What does Moses' housing project aim to clear?
5. What does Arthur Palmer want to talk Moses into doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Moses have with the international organization that sanctions the World Fair?
2. How does Moses try and fail to support Constable in charging admission for the plays?
3. How does Moses respond to complaints from the New York public that there is too much traffic?
4. What popular decision does Moses make in Part 7, Chapter 44?
5. How does Moses persuade people to make way for his constructions?
6. Why does the mayor not fire Moses?
7. Why wouldn't firing Moses diminish his power?
8. What does the attorney look into when assessing Moses' situation?
9. How does Moses meet his match in Part 7, Chapter 42?
10. How does Moses' situation change in Part 6, Chapter 32?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the influence of the following people on New York City:
1) Franklin Roosevelt
2) Nelson Rockefeller
3) Alfred. E. Smith
Essay Topic 2
Examine Caro's point of view.
1) How does Caro present Moses in his book?
2) In what can Moses claim that Caro's point of view was unfair and some of the information he presented was unsubstantiated?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Caro use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)