|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tavern on the Green need to destroy to build their parking lot?
2. What is the name of the plays' producer?
3. What is Gene Gleason's role at the newspaper?
4. What does the letter to the Times call Robert Moses?
5. What position does O'Dwyer now hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moses respond to accusations that he has displaced people from their houses?
2. What leads to the decay of the mass transit system?
3. What extra authority do the succeeding governors give Moses in Part 6, Chapter 33?
4. How does Moses deal with people who will not move out of their apartments?
5. What problems does Moses have with the international organization that sanctions the World Fair?
6. How does the construction of the highway change Tremont Street?
7. What problems does Moses have at the World Fair in Part 7, Chapter 47?
8. Who are Henry Cohen and Hortense Gabel?
9. What does the attorney look into when assessing Moses' situation?
10. What does Gleason uncover about Moses in Part 7, Chapter 43?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Oxford University different from Yale? What did Moses experience in Oxford? How did Moses' time in Oxford and Britain shape his ideas? Why is it important for successful people to move out of their comfort zone?
Essay Topic 2
1) What is Progressivism?
2) Who were the advocates of Progressivism and how has Progressivism affected political thinking?
3) What are the strengths and weaknesses of Progressivism?
Essay Topic 3
In what way did Moses take advantage of the Great Depression? Why did the end of WWII mark a gradual decline in Moses' powerful hold over New York City?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)