|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization in New York City controlled by when Moses first arrives?
2. What party nominates Moses as its governor?
3. Which of the following parks does Moses plan to build in this chapter:
4. What does Roosevelt refuse to allow Moses?
5. What does New York City experience on August 17, 1936?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Seaburg investigation called the Goo Goos?
2. What does Moses do with his budget of $4.5 million?
3. How does Moses manage to reestablish his dream to develop Long Island parks?
4. How is the older Moses contradicting his younger self in Part 4, Chapter 24?
5. What is Progressivism?
6. How has Moses' ideas about power changed in Part 5, Chapter 25?
7. How is Moses' lust for power beginning to work against him in Part 5, Chapter 28?
8. How does Moses differ from his brother, Paul?
9. In what way was Moses considered a loner at college?
10. Why is Moses' campaign to run for governor unsuccessful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Use one of the following questions or statements to write a 500-word essay:
1) How did the Moses family build itself into a position of wealth?
2) Moses could not have achieved what he did in his life without the success of his family.
3) How did Moses' family instill in him a need to be successful?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the criticisms of Moses in relation to the following:
1) Moses' promotion of the automobile
2) Moses' attitude towards power
3) Moses' stance on New York City's poorer neighborhoods
Essay Topic 3
Examine Moses' rise and fall.
1) How did Moses rise to power?
2) How did Moses lose his power?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)