|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Moses write speeches for?
2. What British University does Moses attend?
3. What does Roosevelt refuse to allow Moses?
4. What hits New York City hard in 1930?
5. Which of Moses' Allies runs for President in 1928?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Moses' lust for power beginning to work against him in Part 5, Chapter 28?
2. Why can Roosevelt not discharge Moses?
3. What clause did Moses find in the law?
4. How did New York and its people benefit from the Roaring Twenties?
5. What does Moses do with his budget of $4.5 million?
6. How has Moses' ideas about power changed in Part 5, Chapter 25?
7. How has Moses' life changed in Part 4, Chapter 15?
8. What is Progressivism?
9. How does Moses manage to reestablish his dream to develop Long Island parks?
10. How did the Moses family become rich?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Caro's writing style. How would you describe her prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? Does she use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Caro's style give to his story?
Essay Topic 2
How is Oxford University different from Yale? What did Moses experience in Oxford? How did Moses' time in Oxford and Britain shape his ideas? Why is it important for successful people to move out of their comfort zone?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Moses' rise and fall.
1) How did Moses rise to power?
2) How did Moses lose his power?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)