|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Moses' grandparents immigrate from?
2. What does Moses want to build on Throgs's Neck?
3. On what condition will August Heckscher donate money for a park?
4. What position does Moses accept in this section?
5. What does Moses replace when he becomes Parks Commissioner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moses ensure that his park cannot be accessed by poor people?
2. How does Moses win his legal battle against the Casino?
3. What does the Bureau of Municipal Research do?
4. How has Moses' life changed in Part 4, Chapter 15?
5. Why is Moses' campaign to run for governor unsuccessful?
6. Descirbe Moses' time at Oxford.
7. How is Moses' lust for power beginning to work against him in Part 5, Chapter 28?
8. How does Moses differ from his brother, Paul?
9. How does Moses use the Tribrough Act to benefit himself?
10. How does Moses manage to reestablish his dream to develop Long Island parks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What is Progressivism?
2) Who were the advocates of Progressivism and how has Progressivism affected political thinking?
3) What are the strengths and weaknesses of Progressivism?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the chain of command needed to build New York City in relation to the following:
Essay Topic 3
Examine Moses' impact on New York City.
1) What was the landscape like before Moses started his developments?
2) How did Moses change the landscape of New York City?
3) What is Moses' legacy?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)