|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the investigator who investigates a scandal at the fair?
(a) Fred Flump
(b) Roger Hale
(c) Jack Gordon
(d) Abe Beame
2. What does the letter to the Times call Robert Moses?
(a) A genuis
(b) A power mongerer
(d) A Mafia boss
3. What does Moses want to use the profits from the fair to build?
(a) A park in Flushing Meadows
(b) A housing complex
(c) A skyscraper
(d) A fun fair
4. Whose design does Moses use to build a tunnel in this section?
(b) La Guardia
5. What is Gene Gleason's role at the newspaper?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Chase Manhattan Bank controlled by?
2. What kind of position does Rockefeller offer Moses in this section?
3. What does Rockefeller want access to to build his projects?
4. Whose term expires in 1970?
5. What kind of company is Goldwater and Flynn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moses respond to accusations that he has displaced people from their houses?
2. How does Moses persuade people to make way for his constructions?
3. How does Rockefeller get Moses' support for his transportation plan?
4. What problems does Moses have with the international organization that sanctions the World Fair?
5. In what way has Moses met his match with Rockefeller?
6. Who are Henry Cohen and Hortense Gabel?
7. How does Moses respond to his wife's illness and eventual death?
8. What does World War II give Moses the opportunity to do?
9. What leads to the decay of the mass transit system?
10. Why does the mayor not fire Moses?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)