|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rockefeller want access to to build his projects?
(a) Moses' files
(b) Chase Manhatten Bank
(c) Triborough surplus
(d) Moses' plans
2. What are the names of the two reformers in this chapter?
(a) Henry Miller and Lou Reed
(b) Johnny Gold and Henry Cohen
(c) Jack Wild and Frederick Pohl
(d) Heny Cohen and Hortense Gabel
3. What member of his family does Rockefeller want to take over Moses' position?
(a) His brother
(b) His cousin
(c) His son
(d) His nephew
4. What will happen if Rockefeller breaks the bond covenants?
(a) The bondholders will sue
(b) He will go to jail
(c) Moses' will win
(d) He will go bankrupt
5. What does Moses intend to tax to finance public housing?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Moses bulldoze the playground?
2. Why does Moses have to build the Throgs Neck Bridge?
3. What was Moses' role with the Mayor's Slum Committee?
4. In what city are they building a mass transit line down the middle of highways?
5. Where did Moses put most of the people he forced out of their homes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moses accept the presidency of the World Fair?
2. What does World War II give Moses the opportunity to do?
3. In what way has Moses met his match with Rockefeller?
4. Why does the mayor not fire Moses?
5. How does Moses respond to his wife's illness and eventual death?
6. Describe Moses' housing project.
7. How does Rockefeller get Moses' support for his transportation plan?
8. What popular decision does Moses make in Part 7, Chapter 44?
9. What does Lindsay decide in January, 1966?
10. How does Moses respond to complaints from the New York public that there is too much traffic?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)