|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Moses' Allies runs for President in 1928?
(a) Alfred Smith
(b) La Guardia
(c) Franklin Roosevelt
2. Who does Moses write speeches for?
(a) John Wayne
(b) Lenny Bruce
(c) The governor
(d) The President
3. What is Moses secretary of while he is in Albany?
(a) The Tunnel Authority
(b) The New York State Association
(c) The Country Club
(d) Albany library
4. What does Moses want to preserve?
(a) His marriage
(b) People's houses
(c) The waterfront
(d) His sanity
5. Where does W. Kingsland Macy live?
(b) New Jersey
(d) Long Island
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mayor's office think is the only way to stop Moses?
2. Where does Moses set up his offices?
3. Where does Moses go for the legislative fight?
4. What position does La Guardia offer Moses?
5. What does Moses do when Kern tries to force him to comply with city procedures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moses do with his budget of $4.5 million?
2. In what way do La Guardia and Moses not have a smooth relationship?
3. How does Moses manage to reestablish his dream to develop Long Island parks?
4. Why does Moses constantly find himself in legal battles?
5. How has Moses' ideas about power changed in Part 5, Chapter 25?
6. Why is Moses' campaign to run for governor unsuccessful?
7. How does Moses use the Tribrough Act to benefit himself?
8. How did New York and its people benefit from the Roaring Twenties?
9. How does Part 4, Chapter 21 show how Moses holds grudges?
10. How does Moses get revenge on La Guardia and Roosevelt following his defeat over the tunnel project in Brooklyn?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)