|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Moses reject in this chapter?
(a) A state position
(c) Oxford University
(d) Vice presidency
2. Who does Roosevelt accuse Moses of lying to?
(b) His wife
(d) La Guardia
3. Who does Moses write speeches for?
(a) Lenny Bruce
(b) John Wayne
(c) The President
(d) The governor
4. Who is Rosalie also known as?
(a) Grannie Cohen
(c) Bomb shell
(d) The Devil
5. What does the mayor's office think is the only way to stop Moses?
(a) Bankrupt him
(b) Fire him
(c) Kill him
(d) Cripple him
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the governor of New York after Smith?
2. Why does Roosevelt refuse to allow Moses a permit for a bridge connecting Manhattan to Brooklyn?
3. Who foils Moses' attempt to destroy the New York City Tunnel Authority?
4. What does New York City experience on August 17, 1936?
5. What is Moses able to do for the first time in his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do La Guardia and Moses not have a smooth relationship?
2. How did the Moses family become rich?
3. What is Progressivism?
4. How do Le Guardia and Roosevelt outsmart Moses in Part 6, Chapter 29?
5. In what way was Moses considered a loner at college?
6. How does Moses use his power in Part 4, Chapter 14?
7. How does the Depression affect New York City?
8. Describe Robert Moses's time at Yale.
9. Why does Moses constantly find himself in legal battles?
10. How has Moses' life changed in Part 4, Chapter 15?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)