|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can a mass transit system not be built?
(a) It will take too long
(b) It is too expensive
(c) The public are against it
(d) Moses is against it
2. Why is Moses not worried about Cohen and Gabel's investigation?
(a) He has more money than them
(b) No one trust him
(c) He has the President's backing
(d) It will take months
3. What does Exton claim Moses is motivated by?
4. Who writes up Cleason's reports?
(a) Fred Cook
(b) James Dean
(d) Roger Toogle
5. What do Cohen and Gabel investigate?
(c) The housing situation
(d) Moses' dealings with the underworld
6. What does Moses sell in this chapter?
7. Whose design does Moses use to build a tunnel in this section?
(d) La Guardia
8. Which of the following actors performs in the plays?
(a) James Dean
(b) Marlon Brando
(c) George C. Scott
(d) Harvey Keitel
9. Why does the mayor support Moses?
(a) He gets things done
(b) The public love him
(c) He is impossible to argue with
(d) He has a lot of money
10. What does Arthur Palmer want to talk Moses into doing?
(a) To build in Texas
(c) Donating money
(d) To build in Chicago
11. Why can Lindsay not get rid of Moses?
(a) He can ruin Lindsay's career
(b) He controls too much money
(c) The public love him
(d) He is too useful
12. What kind of position does Rockefeller offer Moses in this section?
(a) Chief engineer
(b) School teacher
13. Whose plays does CBS want to produce?
(a) Tennesee Williams
(d) Arthur Miller
14. Which of the following people has an estate in the Carribean?
(a) Jack Hobbs
(b) Bernard Gimbel
(c) Johnny Rotten
(d) Theo Roosevelt
15. What does the East Tremont area manufacture?
(d) Fur coats
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gigante's job at the Washington Square Village Corporation?
2. When does Moses bulldoze the playground?
3. What is the name of the investigator who investigates a scandal at the fair?
4. What is the name of the chief engineer Moses attacks?
5. What does Tavern on the Green want to build?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)