|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bridge Moses builds on the West Side?
(a) Brooklyn Bridge
(b) Washington Bridge
(c) Hudson Bridge
(d) Madison Bridge
2. Which politician did Mary Sims work for before she met Moses?
(a) Hank Williams
(b) Nelson Rockefeller
(c) The American President
(d) The Winconsin governor
3. Where does Macy become a powerful political figure?
(b) Suffolk County
(c) Jefferson County
4. What is hindering Moses' West Side Improvement projects?
(a) The Casino
(b) Empire State Building
(c) The Squash and Country Club
(d) Columbia Yacht Club
5. Who does the Fusion Party nominate to run for mayor?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt
(b) Robert Moses
(c) Fiorello H. La Guardia
(d) Alfred Smith
6. Which of the following opens in the summer of 1929?
(a) Times Square
(b) Cafe Slavia
(c) Empire State Building
(d) Southern State Parkway
7. What organization in New York City controlled by when Moses first arrives?
(d) Black Panthers
8. Where does Moses go for the legislative fight?
(a) New Haven
(c) New Jersey
9. What club does Moses form at Oxford?
(a) The Magic Circle
(b) The American Club
(c) The Jewish Club
(d) The Looters Club
10. What is Moses able to do for the first time in his life?
(b) Support himself
(c) Play golf
(d) Go on holiday
11. What does Roosevelt refuse to allow Moses?
(c) A permit
12. Who does Moses write speeches for?
(a) John Wayne
(b) Lenny Bruce
(c) The President
(d) The governor
13. What does Moses say he wants to build?
14. What is the name of La Guardia's law secretary?
(a) Johnny Mason
(b) Paul Davis
(c) Harry Truman
(d) Paul J. Kern
15. Who is the governor of New York after Smith?
(a) James Dean
(b) Franklin Roosevelt
(c) Nelson Rockefeller
(d) Woody Allen
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roosevelt want to build the U.S Merchant Marine Academy?
2. Where do Moses and his family rent a house?
3. What does this section state Moses believes in?
4. What sport does Moses want to sponsor?
5. What does the mayor's office think is the only way to stop Moses?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)