|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of La Guardia's law secretary?
(a) Paul Davis
(b) Paul J. Kern
(c) Johnny Mason
(d) Harry Truman
2. Who offers Moses the job of President of the Long Island State Park Commission?
(a) James Dean
(b) Franklin Roosevelt
(c) Governor Smith
3. Where does Moses set up his offices?
(a) August Belmont mansion
(b) New York University
(c) Empire State Building
(d) Lincoln Building
4. Why does Roosevelt refuse to allow Moses a permit for a bridge connecting Manhattan to Brooklyn?
(a) The plans are awful
(b) The area has navy yards
(c) The bridge would allow criminals access into Manhattan
(d) The government need to save money
5. What does Moses use to communicate to the public?
(a) Telephone calls
(b) Press releases
(d) His aides
6. What position does La Guardia offer Moses?
(a) Speech writer
(b) Parks Chairman
(c) Parks Commissioner
(d) President of the New York Yankees
7. What does Moses want to preserve?
(a) His marriage
(b) The waterfront
(c) His sanity
(d) People's houses
8. What famous attraction is at Battery Park?
(a) Madison Gardens
(b) Fort Clinton
(c) Fort Lincoln
(d) The Statue of Liberty
9. What University does Robert enroll at?
10. Where does Moses spend his summer vacations?
(c) Cape Cod
(d) Lake Lucerne
11. What kind of shop did Bernhard Cohen and his brother Samuel open?
(a) Dry cleaning
(b) Gun store
(c) Dry goods store
12. What does Moses say he wants to build?
13. What is Moses able to do for the first time in his life?
(b) Support himself
(c) Play golf
(d) Go on holiday
14. What is the name of the bridge Moses builds on the West Side?
(a) Brooklyn Bridge
(b) Hudson Bridge
(c) Washington Bridge
(d) Madison Bridge
15. What areas does Moses state a desire to build on in this chapter?
(a) Staten Island and Brooklyn
(b) Queens and Manhattan
(c) Staten Island and the Bronx
(d) Queens and the Bronx
Short Answer Questions
1. Which area of New York city asks for more parks and playgrounds?
2. What does Roosevelt refuse to allow Moses?
3. What does Moses do when Kern tries to force him to comply with city procedures?
4. Which politician did Mary Sims work for before she met Moses?
5. Who does Moses test his playground equipment on?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)