|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What areas does Moses state a desire to build on in this chapter?
(a) Queens and Manhattan
(b) Staten Island and the Bronx
(c) Staten Island and Brooklyn
(d) Queens and the Bronx
2. Which organization has proposed public parks on Long Island in the past?
(b) Tunnel Authority
(c) Child's Play
(d) The Good Government
3. What party nominates Moses as its governor?
(a) Democrat Party
(b) Republican Party
(c) Green Party
(d) Fusion Party
4. Who would Roosevelt like to discharge from his position in this chapter?
(b) La Guardia
5. Who foils Moses' attempt to destroy the New York City Tunnel Authority?
(a) Alfred Smith
(b) La Guardia
6. On what condition will August Heckscher donate money for a park?
(a) If they give it back
(b) If they name it after him
(c) If they put his statue in the center of the park
(d) If they build a playground
7. Which of the following people oppose Moses' plans:
(a) Franklin Roosevelt
(b) Robber Barons
(c) Davis Love III
(d) Nelson Rockefeller
8. What political ideal does Smith support?
9. Where does Moses plan to relocate the aquarium?
(a) The Bronx Zoo
(b) The Brooklyn Zoo
(c) Long Island
(d) Central Park
10. What club does Moses form at Oxford?
(a) The Looters Club
(b) The American Club
(c) The Jewish Club
(d) The Magic Circle
11. What is the name of Moskowitt's wife?
12. What country did Moses' grandparents immigrate from?
13. What does Moses say he wants to build?
14. Where does Roosevelt want to build the U.S Merchant Marine Academy?
(a) Heckscher State Park
(b) Wantagh Causeway
(c) Jones Beach
(d) Throgs Neck
15. Who fights Moses for control of the park?
(a) The Tunnel Authority
(b) The Niagara Commission
(c) Governor Smith
(d) The Parks Council
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mayor's office think is the only way to stop Moses?
2. Which politician did Mary Sims work for before she met Moses?
3. Where does Macy become a powerful political figure?
4. What does Moses use to communicate to the public?
5. Who urges La Guardia to stay out of Moses' campaign?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)