Part 1, Chapter 1 Lines of Succession | Part 1, Chapter 2 Robert Moses at Yale
• Robert Moses is born on December 18, 1888, to Bella and Emanuel Moses.
• In 1905, Moses enrolls at Yale. He is two years younger than his classmates.
Part 1, Chapter 3 Home Away from Home | Part 2, Chapter 4 Burning
• Moses enrolls at Oxford University in England.
• Moses reveals his ambition to work in public service and writes his PhD thesis on British public service.
• Moses obtains a PhD from Columbia so he can qualify for public service work with the Bureau of Municipal Research.
• Moses begins his career with the Bureau of Municipal Research. Their goal is to clean up the government.
• Moses earns a position at the Municipal Civil Service Commission.
Part 2, Chapter 5 Age of Optimism | Part 3, Chapter 6 Curriculum Changes
• James Moskowitz asks Moses for ideas and he tells them they should reform the efficiency rating system.
• Moses is given a desk...
This section contains 2,424 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)