|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam say he has notices about his step-mother?
2. Who tells Sam that Susan has died?
3. What does Tony do when Stiggins asks if Susan left him anything in her Will?
4. Who does Pickwick talk to about getting Jingle released from prison?
5. What is the main problem Ben sees in his plan to get Arabella to marry Bob?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Bob Sawyer's party?
2. Why is Mr. Pott so happy to hear that Winkle is married?
3. What does Mr. Pickwick choose to do after he is found guilty, and why?
4. What did Mr. Winkle Sr. say when he heard of his son's elopement?
5. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
6. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
7. Why does Pickwick hesitate in allowing Winkle to go and see Arabella in Bristol?
8. Why is Mrs. Bardell sent back to London while on her trip?
9. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
10. How is Pickwick released from prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between Emily and Snodgrass change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
This book is a satire. What kind of things is Dickens being satirical about, and how does this tone affect the feeling and progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
There are many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)