|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan leave to Sam in her Will?
2. Who sends Sam to prison so he can be with Pickwick?
3. What name is signed on the Valentine card for Mary?
4. What does Susan do the entire time she is visiting Sam in prison?
5. How much is Mr. Pickwick fined after the trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
2. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
3. What does Pickwick do when he is awakened on his first night in prison?
4. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
5. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
6. What happens to Mr. Pickwick because of the prank played at the inn in Towcester?
7. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
8. How does Mr. Perker suggest handling the dispute between Mr. Winkle and his father?
9. What does Sam say to Tony about Susan while they are in a courtroom, and what is Tony's response to this?
10. Why does Pickwick hesitate in allowing Winkle to go and see Arabella in Bristol?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between Emily and Snodgrass change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
This book is a satire. What kind of things is Dickens being satirical about, and how does this tone affect the feeling and progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)