|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Ben that Arabella has eloped?
2. What is Mr. Slurk's occupation?
3. What name is signed on the Valentine card for Mary?
4. Who hires Mary as a maid?
5. What is Mr. Jackson's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
2. What does Sam say to Tony about Susan while they are in a courtroom, and what is Tony's response to this?
3. What does Snodgrass do to make Mr. Wardle happy with him after his suspicious behavior?
4. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
5. What happens at Bob Sawyer's party?
6. What does Pickwick do for Jingle and Trotter after they are released from prison?
7. Why does Pickwick hesitate in allowing Winkle to go and see Arabella in Bristol?
8. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
9. Why is Mrs. Bardell sent back to London while on her trip?
10. How does Pickwick spend his time while in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger is an emotion that emerges in a few very sensitive places in the plot. What are some of these instances, and how are the plot and the characters involved in those scenes affected by this anger?
Essay Topic 2
Arabella has an important choice to make after hearing about Winkle's feelings for her. What is this choice, how does she make her decision, and how does this decision affect Winkle's future?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)