|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marks the end of Bob Sawyer's party?
2. What does Pickwick promise to do if Mr. Winkle Sr. does not forgive his son?
3. Who tells Sam that Susan has died?
4. What does Winkle ask to do before leaving Bristol?
5. What does Sam do when he finds Winkle in Bristol?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Bob Sawyer's party?
2. How is Pickwick released from prison?
3. What does Pickwick do when he is awakened on his first night in prison?
4. What happens to Mr. Pickwick because of the prank played at the inn in Towcester?
5. What did Mr. Winkle Sr. say when he heard of his son's elopement?
6. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
7. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
8. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
9. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
10. What does Sam say to Pickwick before he is put in prison, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways Winkle and Arabella show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Ben Allen and Bob Sawyer are similar characters in this book, and yet there are some marked differences even though they are twins. What are some of the differences and similarities in these two dynamic characters?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)