|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
2. Why does Ben Allen start beating up a servant when he hears of Arabella's elopement?
3. What does Tony do to the man who starts a fight at the meeting he took Sam to?
4. Who hires Mary as a maid?
5. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
Essay Topic 1
What effect does Reverend Stiggins's company have on Susan, and how does this affect her important familial relationships?
Essay Topic 2
This book is a satire. What kind of things is Dickens being satirical about, and how does this tone affect the feeling and progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Individuality and self expression are two things that are very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how do these instances alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)