|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Mrs. Bardell been brought back to London?
2. Who does Tony say is also showing the same signs as his wife?
3. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
4. Who did Mrs. Bardell say instigated her trial against Pickwick?
5. Who marks the end of Bob Sawyer's party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam say to Pickwick before he is put in prison, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
2. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
3. How does Mrs. Raddle treat her husband?
4. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
5. Why does Mr. Wardle say he has come to London?
6. How does Pickwick spend his time while in prison?
7. What happens at Bob Sawyer's party?
8. What does Sam say when he is called to the witness stand?
9. Why is Mrs. Bardell sent back to London while on her trip?
10. What does Pickwick do for Jingle and Trotter after they are released from prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Individuality and self expression are two things that are very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how do these instances alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What effect does Reverend Stiggins's company have on Susan, and how does this affect her important familial relationships?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways Winkle and Arabella show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)