|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sanders tell the jury as a witness?
2. Who did Mrs. Bardell say instigated her trial against Pickwick?
3. Who is sent to retrieve Winkle after he is run off by Mr. Dowler?
4. Who does Ben Allen want his sister to marry?
5. How long does Pickwick get to spend in Bath?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Perker suggest handling the dispute between Mr. Winkle and his father?
2. Why does Winkle run off to Bristol?
3. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
4. Why is Mr. Pott so happy to hear that Winkle is married?
5. How is Pickwick released from prison?
6. What did Mr. Winkle Sr. say when he heard of his son's elopement?
7. What happens to Mr. Pickwick because of the prank played at the inn in Towcester?
8. What does Sam say to Tony about Susan while they are in a courtroom, and what is Tony's response to this?
9. How does Pickwick spend his time while in prison?
10. What does Mr. Pickwick choose to do after he is found guilty, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger is an emotion that emerges in a few very sensitive places in the plot. What are some of these instances, and how are the plot and the characters involved in those scenes affected by this anger?
Essay Topic 2
Rachael is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways Winkle and Arabella show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)