|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sam send Trotter to get when he sees Mrs. Bardell back in London?
2. Who did Mrs. Bardell say instigated her trial against Pickwick?
3. What is Mr. Jackson's occupation?
4. Who lives next door to Arabella?
5. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's attorney?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways Winkle and Arabella show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the plot. Why might Dickens have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Rachael is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)