|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pickwick talk to about getting Jingle released from prison?
2. What is the main reason Ben wants Bob to marry his sister?
3. Who marks the end of Bob Sawyer's party?
4. How long will Sam stay in prison?
5. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickwick do for Jingle and Trotter after they are released from prison?
2. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
3. What does Sam say to Pickwick before he is put in prison, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
4. How is Pickwick released from prison?
5. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
6. What does Sam say when he is called to the witness stand?
7. What does Smangle do on Pickwick's first night in prison?
8. Why does Mr. Wardle say he has come to London?
9. What does Mr. Pickwick choose to do after he is found guilty, and why?
10. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Individuality and self expression are two things that are very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how do these instances alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
There are many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)