|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Perker hope the jury has had on the morning of the trial?
2. Where do the Pickwickians go before Pickwick has to go to jail?
3. What does Susan do the entire time she is visiting Sam in prison?
4. How long will Sam stay in prison?
5. Where does Pickwick get jobs for Trotter and Jingle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Bardell sent back to London while on her trip?
2. What happens at Bob Sawyer's party?
3. What did Mr. Winkle Sr. say when he heard of his son's elopement?
4. Why does Mr. Wardle say he has come to London?
5. How does Mr. Perker suggest handling the dispute between Mr. Winkle and his father?
6. What does Sam say when he is called to the witness stand?
7. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
8. How is Pickwick released from prison?
9. How does Mrs. Raddle treat her husband?
10. What happens at the temperance meeting that Tony takes Sam to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rachael is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)