|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sergeant Snubbin's occupation?
2. What is the name of the Judge over Pickwick's trial?
3. What does Tony do when Stiggins asks if Susan left him anything in her Will?
4. What does Mr. Perker say Arabella has a good talent for?
5. Who was the founder of the place the Pickwickians go before Pickwick has to go to jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the temperance meeting that Tony takes Sam to?
2. Why is Mrs. Bardell sent back to London while on her trip?
3. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
4. What does Snodgrass do to make Mr. Wardle happy with him after his suspicious behavior?
5. Why does Pickwick hesitate in allowing Winkle to go and see Arabella in Bristol?
6. Why is Mr. Pott so happy to hear that Winkle is married?
7. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
8. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
9. How does Pickwick spend his time while in prison?
10. Why does Mr. Wardle say he has come to London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear are two attributes that are seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who are involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Individuality and self expression are two things that are very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how do these instances alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)