|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Ben that Arabella has eloped?
2. How is Pickwick released from prison?
3. Where does Tony live?
4. Who tells Sam that Susan has died?
5. What does Pickwick give Smangle money for in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
2. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
3. What does Pickwick do when he is awakened on his first night in prison?
4. What did Mr. Winkle Sr. say when he heard of his son's elopement?
5. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
6. Why does Pickwick hesitate in allowing Winkle to go and see Arabella in Bristol?
7. Why is Mrs. Bardell sent back to London while on her trip?
8. What happens at the temperance meeting that Tony takes Sam to?
9. What does Sam say to Pickwick before he is put in prison, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
10. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Arabella has an important choice to make after hearing about Winkle's feelings for her. What is this choice, how does she make her decision, and how does this decision affect Winkle's future?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Ben Allen and Bob Sawyer are similar characters in this book, and yet there are some marked differences even though they are twins. What are some of the differences and similarities in these two dynamic characters?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)