|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Mrs. Bardell back to London?
2. How does Mrs. Bardell act as the jurors are sworn in?
3. What is the main problem Ben sees in his plan to get Arabella to marry Bob?
4. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
5. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pickwick hesitate in allowing Winkle to go and see Arabella in Bristol?
2. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
3. What happens at Bob Sawyer's party?
4. Why is Mrs. Bardell sent back to London while on her trip?
5. How is Pickwick released from prison?
6. What happens at the temperance meeting that Tony takes Sam to?
7. What does Mr. Pickwick choose to do after he is found guilty, and why?
8. Why is Mr. Pott so happy to hear that Winkle is married?
9. What does Snodgrass do to make Mr. Wardle happy with him after his suspicious behavior?
10. How does Mr. Perker suggest handling the dispute between Mr. Winkle and his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the plot. Why might Dickens have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What effect does Reverend Stiggins's company have on Susan, and how does this affect her important familial relationships?
Essay Topic 3
Rachael is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)