|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stiggins drink when he asks about Susan's will?
2. Who tells Ben that Arabella has eloped?
3. Who marks the end of Bob Sawyer's party?
4. What does Susan reprimand Sam for while he is in prison?
5. Who lives next door to Arabella?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
2. What happens at the temperance meeting that Tony takes Sam to?
3. What does Sam say to Pickwick before he is put in prison, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
4. What does Smangle do on Pickwick's first night in prison?
5. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
6. What does Snodgrass do to make Mr. Wardle happy with him after his suspicious behavior?
7. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
8. What does Sam say when he is called to the witness stand?
9. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
10. What does Pickwick do for Jingle and Trotter after they are released from prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Bardell displays a very controlling nature in this book. How does her need for control affect the people around her, and why is this controlling nature so significant for the time setting of this book?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to Mr. Winkle's parents, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in these scenes, and what do these events symbolize?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)