|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Pickwickians go before Pickwick has to go to jail?
2. Where does Tony want to send Pickwick?
3. Who does Pickwick talk to about getting Jingle released from prison?
4. Who marks the end of Bob Sawyer's party?
5. Why does Ben Allen start beating up a servant when he hears of Arabella's elopement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Arabella has an important choice to make after hearing about Winkle's feelings for her. What is this choice, how does she make her decision, and how does this decision affect Winkle's future?
Essay Topic 2
Courage and fear are two attributes that are seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who are involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Bardell displays a very controlling nature in this book. How does her need for control affect the people around her, and why is this controlling nature so significant for the time setting of this book?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)