|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan leave to Sam in her Will?
2. Who was the founder of the place the Pickwickians go before Pickwick has to go to jail?
3. What does Sam refuse to tell Pickwick while he is in prison?
4. What does Pickwick do when he sees Jingle in the prison?
5. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Winkle run off to Bristol?
2. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
3. What does Smangle do on Pickwick's first night in prison?
4. How does Pickwick spend his time while in prison?
5. What does Mr. Pickwick choose to do after he is found guilty, and why?
6. What does Pickwick do for Jingle and Trotter after they are released from prison?
7. Why is Mr. Pott so happy to hear that Winkle is married?
8. What happens to Mr. Pickwick because of the prank played at the inn in Towcester?
9. What happens at the temperance meeting that Tony takes Sam to?
10. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Arabella has an important choice to make after hearing about Winkle's feelings for her. What is this choice, how does she make her decision, and how does this decision affect Winkle's future?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Rachael is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)