|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Pickwickians go before Pickwick has to go to jail?
2. Who was the founder of the place the Pickwickians go before Pickwick has to go to jail?
3. What does Susan leave to Sam in her Will?
4. Why does Pickwcik choose to go to prison rather than pay the fine?
5. Where is Mr. Pickwick's trial held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Bardell sent back to London while on her trip?
2. What does Snodgrass do to make Mr. Wardle happy with him after his suspicious behavior?
3. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
4. How does Mr. Perker suggest handling the dispute between Mr. Winkle and his father?
5. What does Pickwick do when he is awakened on his first night in prison?
6. What does Sam say when he is called to the witness stand?
7. What happens at Bob Sawyer's party?
8. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
9. What does Smangle do on Pickwick's first night in prison?
10. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear are two attributes that are seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who are involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Ben Allen and Bob Sawyer are similar characters in this book, and yet there are some marked differences even though they are twins. What are some of the differences and similarities in these two dynamic characters?
Essay Topic 3
What is Mr. Pickwick accused of in his trial, and what evidence is used against him? How does this change the course of the plot?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)