|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of prison is Pickwick taken to?
2. What does Perker say to Pickwick before he goes to prison?
3. What is Sergeant Snubbin's occupation?
4. What calms Ben Allen down after his fight with the servant?
5. What is the main reason Ben wants Bob to marry his sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam say to Pickwick before he is put in prison, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
2. What happens at Bob Sawyer's party?
3. Why does Mr. Wardle say he has come to London?
4. What did Mr. Winkle Sr. say when he heard of his son's elopement?
5. Why does Pickwick hesitate in allowing Winkle to go and see Arabella in Bristol?
6. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
7. What does Pickwick do when he is awakened on his first night in prison?
8. How does Mr. Perker suggest handling the dispute between Mr. Winkle and his father?
9. What does Smangle do on Pickwick's first night in prison?
10. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Arabella has an important choice to make after hearing about Winkle's feelings for her. What is this choice, how does she make her decision, and how does this decision affect Winkle's future?
Essay Topic 2
Rachael is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)