|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets the Pickwickians in Muggleton?
2. What meal is served at the event Mrs. Hunter invites the Pickwickians to?
3. Where is Winkle accused of romancing Mrs. Potts?
4. How does Pickwick hope to better mankind?
5. Why is job Trotter planning to marry a woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Winkle run off to Bristol?
2. What do Peter and his friends talk about when Pickwick finds them in a tavern?
3. What happens when Tupman shows up for the duel he was challeneged to?
4. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
5. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
6. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
7. What causes Pickwick and Wardle to continue their journey to rescue Rachael on foot?
8. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
9. What does Sam do when he dines at the Nupkin household?
10. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways Winkle and Arabella show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Pickwick's relative wealth has a huge impact on the plot and characters in this book. What are these moments, and how does their inclusion in the text affect the course of the plot? How do the different main characters respond to his relative wealth and his generosity?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)