|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sam's father?
2. Why is job Trotter planning to marry a woman?
3. How does Sam's father say Sam disgraced the family?
4. Who is Sam's mother involved with?
5. Who makes a derogatory statement at the first club meeting in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
2. What are the initial results of the election?
3. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
4. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
5. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
6. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
7. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
8. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
9. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
10. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the plot. Why might Dickens have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Bardell displays a very controlling nature in this book. How does her need for control affect the people around her, and why is this controlling nature so significant for the time setting of this book?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)