|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first stop on Pickwick's trip with his friends?
2. Where does Pickwick live when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
3. What does Blotton do that gets him expelled from the club?
4. How does Pickwick choose who to root for in the election?
5. Why does the man in the parson's manuscript go crazy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
2. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
3. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
4. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
5. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
6. What happens when the cook hears of Job's intentions with her?
7. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
8. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
9. What are the initial results of the election?
10. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Sam show his intense loyalty to his father and his employer?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Bardell displays a very controlling nature in this book. How does her need for control affect the people around her, and why is this controlling nature so significant for the time setting of this book?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to Mr. Winkle's parents, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in these scenes, and what do these events symbolize?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)