|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pickwick lecture to after hearing about the accusations against Winkle?
2. Who does Winkle begin a romance with over the Christmas holiday?
3. Where is the first stop on Pickwick's trip with his friends?
4. What does Pickwick hire Sam Wellers to do?
5. Who pays the rent at Mrs. Bardell's house for Pickwick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
2. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
3. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
4. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
5. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
6. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
7. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
8. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
9. What happens when Peter Magnus learns that Pickwick and his fiance met the night before the proposal?
10. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to Mr. Winkle's parents, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in these scenes, and what do these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Emily and Snodgrass change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
There are many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)