|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bardell's occupation?
2. What meal is served at the event Mrs. Hunter invites the Pickwickians to?
3. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel?
4. Where does Pickwick live when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
5. Where does Pickwick hope to see an election?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
2. What does Mr. Perker tell the Pickwickians about the parties in the election?
3. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
4. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
5. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
6. What happens when the cook hears of Job's intentions with her?
7. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
8. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
9. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
10. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Individuality and self expression are two things that are very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how do these instances alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Arabella has an important choice to make after hearing about Winkle's feelings for her. What is this choice, how does she make her decision, and how does this decision affect Winkle's future?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Emily and Snodgrass change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)