|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Pickwick wearing when he was seen in the hall of the inn by Sam?
2. Where does the group find Tupman?
3. What does the club decide to broaden their horizons?
4. Where does Pickwick live when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
5. When does Isabella Wardle get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
2. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
3. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
4. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
5. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
6. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
7. What does Mr. Perker tell the Pickwickians about the parties in the election?
8. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
9. What do Peter and his friends talk about when Pickwick finds them in a tavern?
10. Who misleads Pickwick and Mr. Wardle when they go to rescue Rachael?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mrs. Bardell displays a very controlling nature in this book. How does her need for control affect the people around her, and why is this controlling nature so significant for the time setting of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Anger is an emotion that emerges in a few very sensitive places in the plot. What are some of these instances, and how are the plot and the characters involved in those scenes affected by this anger?
Essay Topic 3
Ben Allen and Bob Sawyer are similar characters in this book, and yet there are some marked differences even though they are twins. What are some of the differences and similarities in these two dynamic characters?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)