|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gains Tupman a reputation as a marksman?
2. What makes Pickwick fall asleep while hunting?
3. What does Pickwick hire Sam Wellers to do?
4. What does the club decide to broaden their horizons?
5. Why does Sam take two days leave from Pickwick's service?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
2. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
3. What happens when the cook hears of Job's intentions with her?
4. Who misleads Pickwick and Mr. Wardle when they go to rescue Rachael?
5. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
6. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
7. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
8. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
9. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
10. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the plot. Why might Dickens have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Rachael is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)