|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets the Pickwickians in Muggleton?
2. Where is the inn where Peter Magnus proposes?
3. What meal is served at the event Mrs. Hunter invites the Pickwickians to?
4. What is "The Convict's Return"?
5. What is the name of Mr. Wardle's property?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
2. What does Mr. Perker tell the Pickwickians about the parties in the election?
3. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
4. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
5. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
6. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
7. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
8. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
9. What happens when Peter Magnus learns that Pickwick and his fiance met the night before the proposal?
10. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Rachael is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all
Essay Topic 3
Arabella has an important choice to make after hearing about Winkle's feelings for her. What is this choice, how does she make her decision, and how does this decision affect Winkle's future?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)