|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Pond"?
2. What does Mrs. Hunter invite the Pickwickians to?
3. What does Peter Magnus do when he finds out Pickwick and his fiance have already met?
4. How much money does Alfred borrow from Tupman?
5. What is Bob Sawyer studying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam do for Mr. Pickwick when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
2. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
3. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
4. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
5. What does Mr. Perker tell the Pickwickians about the parties in the election?
6. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
7. Who misleads Pickwick and Mr. Wardle when they go to rescue Rachael?
8. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
9. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
10. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens to Mr. Winkle's parents, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in these scenes, and what do these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Arabella has an important choice to make after hearing about Winkle's feelings for her. What is this choice, how does she make her decision, and how does this decision affect Winkle's future?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)