|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alfred's last name?
2. What is "The Convict's Return"?
3. What gains Tupman a reputation as a marksman?
4. How does Sam's father say Sam disgraced the family?
5. Who does Winkle begin a romance with over the Christmas holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
2. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
3. What does Mr. Perker tell the Pickwickians about the parties in the election?
4. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
5. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
6. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
7. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
8. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
9. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
10. What does Sam do when he dines at the Nupkin household?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What is Mr. Pickwick accused of in his trial, and what evidence is used against him? How does this change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)