|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Pond"?
2. Where does the group find Tupman?
3. What does Pickwick hire Sam Wellers to do?
4. Who marries Isabella Wardle?
5. Why does Tony say he puts up with the Reverend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the initial results of the election?
2. What does Sam do when he dines at the Nupkin household?
3. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
4. What causes Pickwick and Wardle to continue their journey to rescue Rachael on foot?
5. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
6. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
7. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
8. What do Peter and his friends talk about when Pickwick finds them in a tavern?
9. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
10. What does Sam do for Mr. Pickwick when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect does Reverend Stiggins's company have on Susan, and how does this affect her important familial relationships?
Essay Topic 2
What is Mr. Pickwick accused of in his trial, and what evidence is used against him? How does this change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)