|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pickwick write notes about while traveling to meet his friends before their trip?
2. How does Pickwick hope to better mankind?
3. What does Pickwick find when he returns to Manor Farm?
4. What does the club decide to broaden their horizons?
5. What does Mrs. Bardell do when she thinks Pickwick is proposing to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
2. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
3. What happens when the cook hears of Job's intentions with her?
4. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
5. What happens when Peter Magnus learns that Pickwick and his fiance met the night before the proposal?
6. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
7. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
8. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
9. What are the initial results of the election?
10. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Bardell displays a very controlling nature in this book. How does her need for control affect the people around her, and why is this controlling nature so significant for the time setting of this book?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)