|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter Magnus hope to do the night he meets Pickwick?
2. How much money does Alfred borrow from Tupman?
3. What did the goblins in Mr. Wardle's story steal?
4. What does Pickwick hire Sam Wellers to do?
5. What does Pickwick hope to do at Bury St. Edmonds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
2. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
3. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
4. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
5. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
6. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
7. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
8. What are the initial results of the election?
9. What happens when Peter Magnus learns that Pickwick and his fiance met the night before the proposal?
10. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book is a satire. What kind of things is Dickens being satirical about, and how does this tone affect the feeling and progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Winkle and Arabella show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Anger is an emotion that emerges in a few very sensitive places in the plot. What are some of these instances, and how are the plot and the characters involved in those scenes affected by this anger?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)