|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sickness does Pickwick come down with after the incident at the boarding school?
2. Where is Winkle when he hears he is being accused of romancing Mrs. Potts?
3. What gains Tupman a reputation as a marksman?
4. What does Pickwick write notes about while traveling to meet his friends before their trip?
5. How does Pickwick travel to meet his other friends before their trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam do for Mr. Pickwick when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
2. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
3. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
4. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
5. Who misleads Pickwick and Mr. Wardle when they go to rescue Rachael?
6. What happens when the cook hears of Job's intentions with her?
7. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
8. What happens when Tupman shows up for the duel he was challeneged to?
9. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
10. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect does Reverend Stiggins's company have on Susan, and how does this affect her important familial relationships?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Mr. Winkle's parents, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in these scenes, and what do these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Anger is an emotion that emerges in a few very sensitive places in the plot. What are some of these instances, and how are the plot and the characters involved in those scenes affected by this anger?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)