|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the accusation against Winkle and Mrs. Potts worded?
2. Why is job Trotter planning to marry a woman?
3. What does Pickwick write notes about while traveling to meet his friends before their trip?
4. Who wrote "Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Pond"?
5. Where does Pickwick hope to see an election?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
2. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
3. What does Mr. Perker tell the Pickwickians about the parties in the election?
4. What do Peter and his friends talk about when Pickwick finds them in a tavern?
5. What does Sam do when he dines at the Nupkin household?
6. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
7. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
8. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
9. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
10. What are the initial results of the election?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book is a satire. What kind of things is Dickens being satirical about, and how does this tone affect the feeling and progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What is Mr. Pickwick accused of in his trial, and what evidence is used against him? How does this change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Emily and Snodgrass change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)