|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alfred say to Mr. Wardle about Tupman?
2. Why is job Trotter planning to marry a woman?
3. Who marries Isabella Wardle?
4. Who catches Tupman kissing Rachael?
5. What is observed in the paper about Hampstead Pond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the initial results of the election?
2. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
3. Who misleads Pickwick and Mr. Wardle when they go to rescue Rachael?
4. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
5. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
6. What does Sam do for Mr. Pickwick when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
7. What happens when the cook hears of Job's intentions with her?
8. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
9. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
10. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ben Allen and Bob Sawyer are similar characters in this book, and yet there are some marked differences even though they are twins. What are some of the differences and similarities in these two dynamic characters?
Essay Topic 2
This book is a satire. What kind of things is Dickens being satirical about, and how does this tone affect the feeling and progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What is Mr. Pickwick accused of in his trial, and what evidence is used against him? How does this change the course of the plot?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)