|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alfred's last name?
2. How much money does Alfred borrow from Tupman?
3. What is Jemmy's nickname?
4. Who does Pickwick lecture to after hearing about the accusations against Winkle?
5. What is Job Trotter's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
2. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
3. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
4. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
5. What does Sam do when he dines at the Nupkin household?
6. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
7. What happens when Peter Magnus learns that Pickwick and his fiance met the night before the proposal?
8. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
9. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
10. What causes Pickwick and Wardle to continue their journey to rescue Rachael on foot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the plot. Why might Dickens have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Arabella has an important choice to make after hearing about Winkle's feelings for her. What is this choice, how does she make her decision, and how does this decision affect Winkle's future?
Essay Topic 3
What is Mr. Pickwick accused of in his trial, and what evidence is used against him? How does this change the course of the plot?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)