|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Pickwick fall asleep while hunting?
2. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
3. How does Pickwick travel to meet his other friends before their trip?
4. What does Sam think Pickwick has been doing when he sees Pickwick in the hall of the inn?
5. Where is Winkle when he hears he is being accused of romancing Mrs. Potts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the initial results of the election?
2. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
3. What does Sam do when he dines at the Nupkin household?
4. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
5. What causes Pickwick and Wardle to continue their journey to rescue Rachael on foot?
6. What happens when the cook hears of Job's intentions with her?
7. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
8. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
9. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
10. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rachael is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Emily and Snodgrass change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)