Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was courting the woman the stranger gains the affection of?
2. Who does Job Trotter plan to marry?
3. How do the Pickwickians get to Mr. Wardle's property?
4. What does Blotton do that gets him expelled from the club?
5. What is Tupman doing when the group finds him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
2. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
3. What are the initial results of the election?
4. What does Sam say to Pickwick before he is put in prison, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
5. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
6. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
7. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
8. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
9. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
10. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
Rachael is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all
How does the relationship between Emily and Snodgrass change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)