|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is observed in the paper about Hampstead Pond?
2. What is Ben Allen studying?
3. What does the club decide to broaden their horizons?
4. Where does the group find Tupman?
5. Why does Sam take two days leave from Pickwick's service?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
2. What happens when Peter Magnus learns that Pickwick and his fiance met the night before the proposal?
3. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
4. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
5. What do Peter and his friends talk about when Pickwick finds them in a tavern?
6. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
7. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
8. What does Sam do for Mr. Pickwick when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
9. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
10. What does Sam do when he dines at the Nupkin household?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Anger is an emotion that emerges in a few very sensitive places in the plot. What are some of these instances, and how are the plot and the characters involved in those scenes affected by this anger?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways Winkle and Arabella show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)