|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was courting the woman the stranger gains the affection of?
2. Who does Job Trotter plan to marry?
3. How do the Pickwickians get to Mr. Wardle's property?
4. What does Blotton do that gets him expelled from the club?
5. What is Tupman doing when the group finds him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
2. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
3. What are the initial results of the election?
4. What does Sam say to Pickwick before he is put in prison, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
5. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
6. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
7. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
8. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
9. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
10. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
Essay Topic 1
What is Mr. Pickwick accused of in his trial, and what evidence is used against him? How does this change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
This book is a satire. What kind of things is Dickens being satirical about, and how does this tone affect the feeling and progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)