|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pickwick meet Peter Magnus?
2. How did Pickwick first meet the fiance of Peter Magnus?
3. Where is the inn where Peter Magnus proposes?
4. How is the accusation against Winkle and Mrs. Potts worded?
5. Why does Tony say he puts up with the Reverend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
2. What happens when the cook hears of Job's intentions with her?
3. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
4. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
5. What does Pickwick do for Jingle and Trotter after they are released from prison?
6. Why is Mr. Pott so happy to hear that Winkle is married?
7. What happens at Bob Sawyer's party?
8. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
9. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
10. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
Essay Topic 1
This book is a satire. What kind of things is Dickens being satirical about, and how does this tone affect the feeling and progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What effect does Reverend Stiggins's company have on Susan, and how does this affect her important familial relationships?
Essay Topic 3
There are many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)