|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jingle plan to elope with in Bury St. Edmonds?
2. How do the Pickwickians get to Mr. Wardle's property?
3. Who meets the Pickwickians in Muggleton?
4. Whose land does Pickwick fall asleep on while hunting?
5. Where is Winkle accused of romancing Mrs. Potts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
2. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
3. What do Peter and his friends talk about when Pickwick finds them in a tavern?
4. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
5. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
6. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
7. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
8. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
9. What does Sam do when he dines at the Nupkin household?
10. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the plot. Why might Dickens have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What effect does Reverend Stiggins's company have on Susan, and how does this affect her important familial relationships?
Essay Topic 3
This book is a satire. What kind of things is Dickens being satirical about, and how does this tone affect the feeling and progression of the plot?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)