|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pickwick write notes about while traveling to meet his friends before their trip?
2. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
3. Who does Job Trotter plan to marry?
4. What are the two political parties at the election?
5. Who helps Pickwick get out of the boarding school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
2. What happens when Peter Magnus learns that Pickwick and his fiance met the night before the proposal?
3. What does Sam do when he dines at the Nupkin household?
4. Who misleads Pickwick and Mr. Wardle when they go to rescue Rachael?
5. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
6. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
7. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
8. What does Mr. Perker tell the Pickwickians about the parties in the election?
9. What happens when Tupman shows up for the duel he was challeneged to?
10. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rachael is a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)