|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the club decide to broaden their horizons?
2. What meal is served at the event Mrs. Hunter invites the Pickwickians to?
3. Why does Tony say he puts up with the Reverend?
4. When does Isabella Wardle get married?
5. What does Peter Magnus hope to do the night he meets Pickwick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
2. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
3. What happens to Mr. Pickwick because of the prank played at the inn in Towcester?
4. What happens with the money Tony gets from Susan's will?
5. How is Pickwick released from prison?
6. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
7. What does Sam say when he is called to the witness stand?
8. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
9. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
10. What does Mr. Pickwick choose to do after he is found guilty, and why?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Mr. Winkle's parents, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in these scenes, and what do these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
What is Mr. Pickwick accused of in his trial, and what evidence is used against him? How does this change the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)