|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Winkle accused of romancing Mrs. Potts?
2. What is Dodson's occupation?
3. What do Tupman and Pickwick argue about before attending Mrs. Hunter's event?
4. Whose land does Pickwick fall asleep on while hunting?
5. How does Sam's father say Sam disgraced the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
2. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
3. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
4. Who misleads Pickwick and Mr. Wardle when they go to rescue Rachael?
5. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
6. What do Peter and his friends talk about when Pickwick finds them in a tavern?
7. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
8. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
9. What does Mr. Perker tell the Pickwickians about the parties in the election?
10. What happens when Tupman shows up for the duel he was challeneged to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ben Allen and Bob Sawyer are similar characters in this book, and yet there are some marked differences even though they are twins. What are some of the differences and similarities in these two dynamic characters?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Mr. Winkle's parents, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in these scenes, and what do these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Arabella has an important choice to make after hearing about Winkle's feelings for her. What is this choice, how does she make her decision, and how does this decision affect Winkle's future?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)