|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pickwick write notes about while traveling to meet his friends before their trip?
2. What does Mr. Jingle call himself at Mrs. Hunter's event?
3. What is "The Convict's Return"?
4. When does Isabella Wardle get married?
5. Where do the girls in the boarding school lock Pickwick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
2. What does Smangle do on Pickwick's first night in prison?
3. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
4. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
5. Why is Mrs. Bardell sent back to London while on her trip?
6. What are the initial results of the election?
7. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
8. Why is Mr. Pott so happy to hear that Winkle is married?
9. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
10. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)