Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was courting the woman the stranger gains the affection of?
2. Who does Job Trotter plan to marry?
3. How do the Pickwickians get to Mr. Wardle's property?
4. What does Blotton do that gets him expelled from the club?
5. What is Tupman doing when the group finds him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
2. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
3. What are the initial results of the election?
4. What does Sam say to Pickwick before he is put in prison, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
5. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
6. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
7. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
8. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
9. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
10. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
Essay Topic 1
Pickwick's relative wealth has a huge impact on the plot and characters in this book. What are these moments, and how does their inclusion in the text affect the course of the plot? How do the different main characters respond to his relative wealth and his generosity?
Essay Topic 2
Ben Allen and Bob Sawyer are similar characters in this book, and yet there are some marked differences even though they are twins. What are some of the differences and similarities in these two dynamic characters?
Essay Topic 3
Arabella has an important choice to make after hearing about Winkle's feelings for her. What is this choice, how does she make her decision, and how does this decision affect Winkle's future?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)