|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bardell do when she thinks Pickwick is proposing to her?
2. Where does Pickwick live when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
3. How does Pickwick travel to meet his other friends before their trip?
4. Who helps Pickwick get out of the boarding school?
5. Who marries Isabella Wardle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tupman shows up for the duel he was challeneged to?
2. What does Sam do for Mr. Pickwick when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
3. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
4. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
5. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
6. What does Mr. Perker tell the Pickwickians about the parties in the election?
7. Who misleads Pickwick and Mr. Wardle when they go to rescue Rachael?
8. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
9. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
10. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ben Allen and Bob Sawyer are similar characters in this book, and yet there are some marked differences even though they are twins. What are some of the differences and similarities in these two dynamic characters?
Essay Topic 2
How does Sam show his intense loyalty to his father and his employer?
Essay Topic 3
This book is a satire. What kind of things is Dickens being satirical about, and how does this tone affect the feeling and progression of the plot?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)