|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pickwick get jobs for Trotter and Jingle?
(a) The West Indies.
2. What did the guards at the prison do before admitting Pickwick?
(a) Took down his name and sentence length.
(b) Gave him one more chance to pay the fines.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Memorized his face.
3. What does Bob tell his secrets about when he runs into Winkle?
(a) Memorizing books.
(b) Aquiring business.
(c) Attracting women.
(d) Keeping good friends.
4. Who tells Sam that Susan has died?
5. What does Sam do when he finds Winkle in Bristol?
(a) Asks him to buy dinner.
(b) Gives him money to return home.
(c) Hugs him tightly.
(d) Locks him in his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan do the entire time she is visiting Sam in prison?
2. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's attorney?
3. Who does Winkle want to tell Ben Allen about his engagement to Arabella?
4. What is the name of the Judge over Pickwick's trial?
5. Why does Pickwcik choose to go to prison rather than pay the fine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam say to Tony about Susan while they are in a courtroom, and what is Tony's response to this?
2. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
3. Why does Pickwick hesitate in allowing Winkle to go and see Arabella in Bristol?
4. What does Sam do on Valentine's Day, and why?
5. What does Pickwick do for Jingle and Trotter after they are released from prison?
6. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
7. How does Mr. Perker suggest handling the dispute between Mr. Winkle and his father?
8. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
9. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
10. Why is Mr. Pott so happy to hear that Winkle is married?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)