|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony ask of Sam when his wife dies?
(a) That he attend her funeral.
(b) That he come and visit.
(c) That he remember her in his prayers.
(d) That he deliver the eulogy.
2. How does Jingle feel when he is released from prison?
(c) None of these.
3. Where do the Pickwickians go before Pickwick has to go to jail?
(c) Manor Farm.
4. Why does Winkle Sr. object to the match between Arabella and his son?
(a) They eloped.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She is too young.
(d) Winkle has been previously engaged.
5. What is the name of the Judge over Pickwick's trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Pickwick's trial to be held?
2. Who does Pickwick talk to about getting Jingle released from prison?
3. How long will Sam stay in prison?
4. What does Pickwick promise to do if Mr. Winkle Sr. does not forgive his son?
5. Who lives next door to Arabella?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pickwick released from prison?
2. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
3. What does Sam say when he is called to the witness stand?
4. What did Mr. Winkle Sr. say when he heard of his son's elopement?
5. Why is Mr. Pott so happy to hear that Winkle is married?
6. What happens at Bob Sawyer's party?
7. What does Smangle do on Pickwick's first night in prison?
8. Why does Mr. Wardle say he has come to London?
9. What does Snodgrass do to make Mr. Wardle happy with him after his suspicious behavior?
10. How does Mrs. Raddle treat her husband?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)