|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hires Mary as a maid?
(a) Sam Weller.
(b) Mr. Pickwick.
(d) Bob Sawyer.
2. How does Jingle feel when he is released from prison?
(b) None of these.
3. What is Sergeant Snubbin's occupation?
(b) Money Lender.
4. What does Mr. Perker say Arabella has a good talent for?
(c) Charming others.
(d) Forgiving others.
5. What kind of meeting does Tony take his son to?
(a) A democratic meeting.
(b) A temperance meeting.
(c) A suffrage meeting.
(d) A teetoler meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do when he finds Winkle in Bristol?
2. What does Susan leave to Sam in her Will?
3. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
4. When is Pickwick's trial to be held?
5. What name is signed on the Valentine card for Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Snodgrass do to make Mr. Wardle happy with him after his suspicious behavior?
2. Why does Pickwick hesitate in allowing Winkle to go and see Arabella in Bristol?
3. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
4. Why is Mr. Pott so happy to hear that Winkle is married?
5. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
6. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
7. What does Mr. Pickwick choose to do after he is found guilty, and why?
8. How is Pickwick released from prison?
9. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
10. What does Pickwick do for Jingle and Trotter after they are released from prison?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)