|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's attorney?
(a) Captain Barkfiz.
(b) General Barkbuz.
(c) Sergeant Buzfiz.
(d) Admiral Bizbark.
2. What does Stiggins drink when he asks about Susan's will?
3. What did the guards at the prison do before admitting Pickwick?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Gave him one more chance to pay the fines.
(c) Memorized his face.
(d) Took down his name and sentence length.
4. How long does Pickwick get to spend in Bath?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
5. Who of the following is NOT subpoenaed for Pickwick's trial?
(b) Tony Weller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the founder of the place the Pickwickians go before Pickwick has to go to jail?
2. Where does Tony want to send Pickwick?
3. What does Pickwick promise to do if Mr. Winkle Sr. does not forgive his son?
4. How is Pickwick released from prison?
5. Who hires Mary as a maid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickwick choose to do after he is found guilty, and why?
2. How does Mr. Perker suggest handling the dispute between Mr. Winkle and his father?
3. What happens to Mr. Pickwick because of the prank played at the inn in Towcester?
4. Why does Mr. Wardle say he has come to London?
5. What did Mr. Winkle Sr. say when he heard of his son's elopement?
6. What does Smangle do on Pickwick's first night in prison?
7. What does Sam do on Valentine's Day, and why?
8. How does Pickwick spend his time while in prison?
9. What does Sam say to Tony about Susan while they are in a courtroom, and what is Tony's response to this?
10. What happens at Bob Sawyer's party?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)