|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do when he finds Winkle in Bristol?
(a) Asks him to buy dinner.
(b) Gives him money to return home.
(c) Locks him in his room.
(d) Hugs him tightly.
2. Why does Mrs. Bardell think she is being taken back to London?
(a) She has a suitor who wants to see her.
(b) She has another hearing for the trial.
(c) She has not paid her bill.
(d) She has some more paperwork to do.
3. Who of the following is NOT subpoenaed for Pickwick's trial?
(c) Tony Weller.
4. What was Mrs. Bardell doing when she was taken back to London?
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Having tea.
(d) Taking a tour.
5. Who tells Arabella that Winkle loves her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of prison is Pickwick taken to?
2. Who does Sam send Trotter to get when he sees Mrs. Bardell back in London?
3. What does Bob tell his secrets about when he runs into Winkle?
4. Where is Mr. Pickwick's trial held?
5. What does Pickwick promise to do if Mr. Winkle Sr. does not forgive his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam say when he is called to the witness stand?
2. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
3. What does Sam say to Tony about Susan while they are in a courtroom, and what is Tony's response to this?
4. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
5. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
6. How is Pickwick released from prison?
7. Why is Mr. Pott so happy to hear that Winkle is married?
8. How does Mrs. Raddle treat her husband?
9. What does Mr. Pickwick choose to do after he is found guilty, and why?
10. What happens at the temperance meeting that Tony takes Sam to?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)