|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the founder of the place the Pickwickians go before Pickwick has to go to jail?
(a) King Henry.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Prince Bladud.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
2. When is Pickwick's trial to be held?
(a) February 14th.
(b) February 12th.
(c) February 4th.
(d) February 22nd.
3. How does Mrs. Bardell act as the jurors are sworn in?
(c) In pain.
4. Who breaks up the fight between Ben Allen and the servant?
(d) Bob Sawyer.
5. Who starts a fight at the meeting Tony takes Sam to?
(a) Reverend Stiggins.
(c) Arabella Allen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Bardell take a coach to?
2. What is Mr. Jackson's occupation?
3. What is Sergeant Snubbin's occupation?
4. What kind of prison is Pickwick taken to?
5. Who does Sam send Trotter to get when he sees Mrs. Bardell back in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
2. What does Sam say to Tony about Susan while they are in a courtroom, and what is Tony's response to this?
3. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
4. How does Mrs. Raddle treat her husband?
5. Why does Winkle run off to Bristol?
6. What did Mr. Winkle Sr. say when he heard of his son's elopement?
7. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
8. How does Pickwick spend his time while in prison?
9. How is Pickwick released from prison?
10. Why does Pickwick hesitate in allowing Winkle to go and see Arabella in Bristol?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)