|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bob Sawyer's landlady harass him?
(a) He flirts with her daughter.
(b) He damages the furniture in his rooms.
(c) He comes in late at night.
(d) He does not pay his rent.
2. Where does Mrs. Bardell take a coach to?
3. Who lives next door to Arabella?
4. What does Mrs. Sanders tell the jury as a witness?
(a) She heard bad rumors about Mr. Pickwick.
(b) She overheard the proposal.
(c) She saw how sad the broken engagement made Mrs. Bardell.
(d) She heard Pickwick tell someone he wanted cheaper rent.
5. Where does Tony live?
(c) Dingley Dell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Mary a Valentine card?
2. Who does Tony say is also showing the same signs as his wife?
3. What does Perker say to Pickwick before he goes to prison?
4. Who breaks up the fight between Ben Allen and the servant?
5. Who did Mrs. Bardell say instigated her trial against Pickwick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Winkle run off to Bristol?
2. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
3. What does Snodgrass do to make Mr. Wardle happy with him after his suspicious behavior?
4. What happens at the temperance meeting that Tony takes Sam to?
5. How does Mrs. Raddle treat her husband?
6. How is Pickwick released from prison?
7. What did Mr. Winkle Sr. say when he heard of his son's elopement?
8. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
9. What does Pickwick do for Jingle and Trotter after they are released from prison?
10. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)