|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tony say is also showing the same signs as his wife?
(d) Reverend Stiggins.
2. Why does Sam feel such a desire to stay in prison with Pickwick?
(a) He has nowhere else to go.
(b) He fears Pickwick will be taken advantage of.
(c) He has no other job.
(d) He feels an obligation.
3. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A shed.
(c) A closet.
(d) A sedan.
4. How much is Arabella's dowry?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 1,500 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
5. What does Tony do when Stiggins asks if Susan left him anything in her Will?
(a) Kicks him out into the street.
(b) Gives him a wad of cash.
(c) Punches him in the face.
(d) Gives him the liquor from the cabinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main problem Ben sees in his plan to get Arabella to marry Bob?
2. What does Winkle ask to do before leaving Bristol?
3. Who starts a fight at the meeting Tony takes Sam to?
4. Who takes Mrs. Bardell back to London?
5. Why does Pickwcik choose to go to prison rather than pay the fine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
2. What did Mr. Winkle Sr. say when he heard of his son's elopement?
3. What does Sam say when he is called to the witness stand?
4. What does Sam say to Tony about Susan while they are in a courtroom, and what is Tony's response to this?
5. What happens at the temperance meeting that Tony takes Sam to?
6. What does Pickwick do when he is awakened on his first night in prison?
7. What happens to Mr. Pickwick because of the prank played at the inn in Towcester?
8. How is Pickwick released from prison?
9. How does Pickwick spend his time while in prison?
10. What does Snodgrass do to make Mr. Wardle happy with him after his suspicious behavior?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)