|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives next door to Arabella?
2. What does Pickwick do when he sees Jingle in the prison?
(a) Ignores his existence.
(b) Gives him money.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Punches him.
3. Why does Ben Allen start beating up a servant when he hears of Arabella's elopement?
(a) He thinks the servant helped plan it.
(b) He is angry, and wants to hit someone.
(c) He planned to fire the man anyway.
(d) He saw him with his sister earlier.
4. What does Ben Allen do on top of the carriage?
5. What does Sam bring to Pickwick after his first night in prison?
(a) Some money.
(b) Some food.
(c) Some clothes.
(d) Some brandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pickwcik choose to go to prison rather than pay the fine?
2. Who of the following is NOT subpoenaed for Pickwick's trial?
3. Who marks the end of Bob Sawyer's party?
4. What is the main reason Ben wants Bob to marry his sister?
5. What does Susan leave to Sam in her Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam do on Valentine's Day, and why?
2. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
3. What does Pickwick do when he is awakened on his first night in prison?
4. Why is Mrs. Bardell sent back to London while on her trip?
5. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
6. What happens at Bob Sawyer's party?
7. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
8. Why does Pickwick hesitate in allowing Winkle to go and see Arabella in Bristol?
9. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
10. What did Mr. Winkle Sr. say when he heard of his son's elopement?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)