|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam refuse to tell Pickwick while he is in prison?
(a) How much money he owes.
(b) Why he chose to be there.
(c) Who told him to be there.
(d) Who sent him there.
2. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
(a) A sedan.
(b) A shed.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A closet.
3. Who does Pickwick talk to about getting Jingle released from prison?
(a) Mr. Perker.
(b) Mr. Stiggins.
(c) Mr. Foggs.
(d) Mr. Roker.
4. What does Perker say to Pickwick before he goes to prison?
(a) He should just pay the fines.
(b) He should let someone else pay the fines.
(c) He is an honorable man.
(d) He has done what he thought he had to.
5. Where does Mrs. Bardell take a coach to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pickwick get jobs for Trotter and Jingle?
2. Where does Tony live?
3. Why does Ben Allen start beating up a servant when he hears of Arabella's elopement?
4. What kind of meeting does Tony take his son to?
5. What is Mr. Jackson's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
2. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
3. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
4. How does Pickwick spend his time while in prison?
5. What does Sam say to Pickwick before he is put in prison, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
6. What does Pickwick do when he is awakened on his first night in prison?
7. How does Mr. Perker suggest handling the dispute between Mr. Winkle and his father?
8. How does Mrs. Raddle treat her husband?
9. What does Sam say to Tony about Susan while they are in a courtroom, and what is Tony's response to this?
10. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)