|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Winkle run into Dowler while trying to hide from him?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A ball.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) An opera.
2. Where do the Pickwickians go before Pickwick has to go to jail?
(b) Manor Farm.
3. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case?
(a) It is hopeless.
(b) It will ruin him.
(c) It is a joke.
(d) It will end wel.
4. Why does Pickwcik choose to go to prison rather than pay the fine?
(a) He doesn't have the money available.
(b) He doesn't think Mrs. Bardell deserves it.
(c) He doesn't want to support a corrupt system.
(d) He thinks he deserves prison time.
5. What does Stiggins drink when he asks about Susan's will?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Bardell sent when she is taken back to London?
2. Who takes Mrs. Bardell back to London?
3. Who starts a fight at the meeting Tony takes Sam to?
4. Who did Mrs. Bardell say instigated her trial against Pickwick?
5. What does Pickwick promise to do if Mr. Winkle Sr. does not forgive his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
2. What does Sam do on Valentine's Day, and why?
3. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
4. How does Mr. Perker suggest handling the dispute between Mr. Winkle and his father?
5. How does Pickwick spend his time while in prison?
6. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
7. Why does Pickwick hesitate in allowing Winkle to go and see Arabella in Bristol?
8. What does Pickwick do for Jingle and Trotter after they are released from prison?
9. What does Sam say to Pickwick before he is put in prison, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
10. Why does Mr. Wardle say he has come to London?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)