|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks up the fight between Ben Allen and the servant?
(b) Bob Sawyer.
2. What does Perker say to Pickwick before he goes to prison?
(a) He should just pay the fines.
(b) He is an honorable man.
(c) He should let someone else pay the fines.
(d) He has done what he thought he had to.
3. What did the guards at the prison do before admitting Pickwick?
(a) Memorized his face.
(b) Took down his name and sentence length.
(c) Gave him one more chance to pay the fines.
(d) Beat him.
4. Why does Bob Sawyer's landlady harass him?
(a) He damages the furniture in his rooms.
(b) He flirts with her daughter.
(c) He comes in late at night.
(d) He does not pay his rent.
5. Why has Mrs. Bardell been brought back to London?
(a) She has not paid her bill.
(b) She has some more paperwork to do.
(c) She has another hearing for the trial.
(d) She has a suitor who wants to see her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Jackson's occupation?
2. Who tells Arabella that Winkle loves her?
3. How is Pickwick released from prison?
4. What does Tony do when Stiggins asks if Susan left him anything in her Will?
5. Who hires Mary as a maid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
2. What did Mr. Winkle Sr. say when he heard of his son's elopement?
3. Why does Winkle run off to Bristol?
4. Why is Mr. Pott so happy to hear that Winkle is married?
5. What does Smangle do on Pickwick's first night in prison?
6. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
7. What does Sam do on Valentine's Day, and why?
8. What does Pickwick do for Jingle and Trotter after they are released from prison?
9. What prank does Bob Sawyer play at the inn in Towcester?
10. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)