|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pickwick live when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
(a) Snodgrass's house.
(b) An Inn.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A shelter.
2. What is Ben Allen studying?
3. Who wrote "Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Pond"?
(a) Augustus Snodgrass.
(b) Nathaniel Winkle.
(c) Tracy Tupman.
(d) Samuel Pickwick.
4. What is Alfred's last name?
5. Where is the inn where Peter Magnus proposes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pickwick find when he returns to Manor Farm?
2. Where is the first stop on Pickwick's trip with his friends?
3. What are Bob and Ben discussion over breakfast when Winkle meets them?
4. What did the goblins in Mr. Wardle's story steal?
5. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
2. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
3. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
4. What happens when Tupman shows up for the duel he was challeneged to?
5. What do Peter and his friends talk about when Pickwick finds them in a tavern?
6. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
7. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
8. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
9. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
10. What causes Pickwick and Wardle to continue their journey to rescue Rachael on foot?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)