|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hunter invite the Pickwickians to?
(a) A picnic.
(b) A lecture reading.
(c) A ball.
(d) A costume party.
2. What does Sam think Pickwick has been doing when he sees Pickwick in the hall of the inn?
(a) Badgering Peter Magnus.
(b) Seducing ladies.
(c) Sleep walking.
(d) Drinking too much.
3. What do the Pickwickians see in Muggleton?
(a) A cricket match.
(b) A boxing match.
(c) A wrestling tounament.
(d) A futbol game.
4. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
(a) It is cancelled.
(b) He begs for forgiveness.
(c) He surrenders.
(d) The challenger does not show up.
5. What is Jemmy's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bardell suing Pickwick for?
2. Where is the inn where Peter Magnus proposes?
3. What is Mrs. Bardell's occupation?
4. What does Mr. Jingle call himself at Mrs. Hunter's event?
5. How is the accusation against Winkle and Mrs. Potts worded?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
2. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
3. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
4. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
5. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
6. What causes Pickwick and Wardle to continue their journey to rescue Rachael on foot?
7. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
8. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
9. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
10. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)