|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the goblins in Mr. Wardle's story steal?
(a) A whole house.
(b) A sexton.
(c) A tree.
(d) A baby.
2. What does Pickwick write notes about while traveling to meet his friends before their trip?
(b) The weather.
(c) The sound of horse hooves.
(d) The cabbie.
3. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
(a) They are half-siblings.
(b) Susan in Sam's aunt.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) Susan is Sam's step-mother.
4. Where does Pickwick find Jemmy contemplating suicide?
(a) A church.
(b) A statue.
(c) A wooded clearing.
(d) A bridge.
5. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
(a) It is cancelled.
(b) The challenger does not show up.
(c) He surrenders.
(d) He begs for forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hunter invite the Pickwickians to?
2. How does Pickwick choose who to root for in the election?
3. Who helps Pickwick get out of the boarding school?
4. What are the two political parties at the election?
5. What is "The Convict's Return"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
2. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
3. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
4. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
5. Who misleads Pickwick and Mr. Wardle when they go to rescue Rachael?
6. What happens when Tupman shows up for the duel he was challeneged to?
7. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
8. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
9. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
10. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)