|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the goblins in Mr. Wardle's story steal?
(a) A whole house.
(b) A tree.
(c) A baby.
(d) A sexton.
2. Who wrote "Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Pond"?
(a) Nathaniel Winkle.
(b) Samuel Pickwick.
(c) Augustus Snodgrass.
(d) Tracy Tupman.
3. Who does Jingle plan to elope with in Bury St. Edmonds?
(a) Mrs. Hunter.
(b) Pickwick's niece.
(c) A governess at a boarding school.
(d) A boarding school girl.
4. Where is Winkle when he hears he is being accused of romancing Mrs. Potts?
(a) A cafe.
(b) Mrs. Potts's house.
(c) The library.
(d) A hotel.
5. What does Mr. Jingle call himself at Mrs. Hunter's event?
(a) Mr. Flashman.
(b) Mr. Fitzsimmons.
(c) Mr. Freshman.
(d) Mr. Fitzmarshall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
2. Why does Sam take two days leave from Pickwick's service?
3. Where does Pickwick hope to see an election?
4. How is the accusation against Winkle and Mrs. Potts worded?
5. Where is the first stop on Pickwick's trip with his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
2. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
3. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
4. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
5. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
6. What does Sam do when he dines at the Nupkin household?
7. What does Mr. Perker tell the Pickwickians about the parties in the election?
8. What causes Pickwick and Wardle to continue their journey to rescue Rachael on foot?
9. What are the initial results of the election?
10. What happens when the cook hears of Job's intentions with her?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)