|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jingle plan to elope with in Bury St. Edmonds?
(a) A governess at a boarding school.
(b) A boarding school girl.
(c) Pickwick's niece.
(d) Mrs. Hunter.
2. How did Pickwick first meet the fiance of Peter Magnus?
(a) They had met at a ball.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) He walked into her room the night before.
(d) She once courted one of his friends.
3. How does Sam's father say Sam disgraced the family?
(a) Not finishing school.
(b) Letting Trotter trick him.
(c) Working as a servant.
(d) Keeping friends like Pickwick.
4. What is Dodson's occupation?
5. Why does the man in the parson's manuscript go crazy?
(a) He gets a severe fever.
(b) His daughter is murdered.
(c) His brother gets the inheritance that was due to him.
(d) The woman he loves is in love with someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the inn where Peter Magnus proposes?
2. What does Peter Magnus hope to do the night he meets Pickwick?
3. What is the name of Sam's father?
4. What does Pickwick hire Sam Wellers to do?
5. What makes Pickwick fall asleep while hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
2. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
3. What do Peter and his friends talk about when Pickwick finds them in a tavern?
4. What happens when Tupman shows up for the duel he was challeneged to?
5. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
6. What happens when the cook hears of Job's intentions with her?
7. What does Sam do for Mr. Pickwick when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
8. What are the initial results of the election?
9. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
10. What does Sam do when he dines at the Nupkin household?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)