|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel?
(a) He said something rude.
(b) He lent his coat.
(c) He flirted with an engaged woman.
(d) He made a crude gesture.
2. What do the Pickwickians hunt on Mr. Wardle's property?
3. What is Jemmy's nickname?
4. How do the Pickwickians get to Mr. Wardle's property?
(a) They hire a chaise.
(b) They walk.
(c) They take a ferry.
(d) They ride rented horses.
5. What does Alfred say to Mr. Wardle about Tupman?
(a) He is greedy.
(b) He is not faithful.
(c) He is very skeptical.
(d) He is unintelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Pond"?
2. What is Alfred's last name?
3. What is Mrs. Bardell's occupation?
4. What does Pickwick hope to do at Bury St. Edmonds?
5. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
2. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
3. What happens when the cook hears of Job's intentions with her?
4. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
5. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
6. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
7. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
8. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
9. What happens when Tupman shows up for the duel he was challeneged to?
10. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)