|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Job Trotter's occupation?
2. What causes Pickwick to enter a boarding school?
(a) He thinks it is a church.
(b) He is looking for evidence of the governess's wealth.
(c) He is meeting the girl Jingle plans to elope with.
(d) He gets cold.
3. What does Mr. Jingle call himself at Mrs. Hunter's event?
(a) Mr. Fitzmarshall.
(b) Mr. Flashman.
(c) Mr. Fitzsimmons.
(d) Mr. Freshman.
4. What does Mrs. Bardell do when she thinks Pickwick is proposing to her?
5. Why is job Trotter planning to marry a woman?
(a) For her money.
(b) Her mother is rich.
(c) He loves her.
(d) Her father will pay him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
2. What is observed in the paper about Hampstead Pond?
3. What does Sam think Pickwick has been doing when he sees Pickwick in the hall of the inn?
4. Why does Sam take two days leave from Pickwick's service?
5. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Peter and his friends talk about when Pickwick finds them in a tavern?
2. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
3. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
4. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
5. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
6. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
7. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
8. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
9. What does Sam do for Mr. Pickwick when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
10. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)