Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was courting the woman the stranger gains the affection of?
(a) Mr. Skinner.
(b) Judge Stimmer.
(c) Constable Sanner.
(d) Dr. Slammer.
2. Who does Job Trotter plan to marry?
(a) A cook.
(b) A maid.
(c) A florist.
(d) A student.
3. How do the Pickwickians get to Mr. Wardle's property?
(a) They ride rented horses.
(b) They walk.
(c) They take a ferry.
(d) They hire a chaise.
4. What does Blotton do that gets him expelled from the club?
(a) Says he intends to court Rachael.
(b) Interprets the markings on the stone.
(c) Criticizes a manuscript from Pickwick.
(d) Mocks Tupman's injury.
5. What is Tupman doing when the group finds him?
(b) Eating a large meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's son?
2. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
3. Where does Pickwick find Jemmy contemplating suicide?
4. Who helps Pickwick get out of the boarding school?
5. Who pays the rent at Mrs. Bardell's house for Pickwick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
2. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
3. What are the initial results of the election?
4. What does Sam say to Pickwick before he is put in prison, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
5. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
6. How is the weekly menu used against Pickwick in the trial?
7. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case, and what is Pickwick's response to this?
8. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
9. What does Sam Weller do when he first meets Smangle?
10. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)