|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two political parties at the election?
(a) The Greens and the Grays.
(b) The Meadows and the Plains.
(c) The Blues and the Bluffs.
(d) The Bergs and the Bluffs.
2. Where does Pickwick meet Peter Magnus?
(a) The Inn.
(b) The train station.
(c) The cafe.
(d) The coach.
3. Who makes a derogatory statement at the first club meeting in the book?
4. What does Blotton do that gets him expelled from the club?
(a) Criticizes a manuscript from Pickwick.
(b) Says he intends to court Rachael.
(c) Interprets the markings on the stone.
(d) Mocks Tupman's injury.
5. What does Pickwick hope to do at Bury St. Edmonds?
(a) Find out Jingle's true identity.
(b) Uncover Jingle's wealth.
(c) Expose Jingle.
(d) Get re-paid by Jingle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Pickwickians get to Mr. Wardle's property?
2. What is Mrs. Bardell's occupation?
3. What does Pickwick write notes about while traveling to meet his friends before their trip?
4. Who meets the Pickwickians in Muggleton?
5. Where does the group find Tupman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
2. What happens when Mr. Winkle Sr. confronts Arabella?
3. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
4. What causes Pickwick and Wardle to continue their journey to rescue Rachael on foot?
5. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
6. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
7. Where do Bob Sawyer and Ben Allen go at the end of the book?
8. Why is Mrs. Bardell sent back to London while on her trip?
9. What happens at the temperance meeting that Tony takes Sam to?
10. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)