|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tupman and Pickwick argue about before attending Mrs. Hunter's event?
(a) Their bow ties.
(b) Their gifts fr the hostess.
(c) Their hair styles.
(d) Their costumes.
2. Where is Winkle when he hears he is being accused of romancing Mrs. Potts?
(a) The library.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Mrs. Potts's house.
3. What do the people in the club attend on the first night of their trip?
(a) A horse race.
(b) The theater.
(c) The elections.
(d) A ball.
4. What does Pickwick hope to do at Bury St. Edmonds?
(a) Get re-paid by Jingle.
(b) Expose Jingle.
(c) Find out Jingle's true identity.
(d) Uncover Jingle's wealth.
5. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
(a) The challenger does not show up.
(b) He surrenders.
(c) He begs for forgiveness.
(d) It is cancelled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the club decide to broaden their horizons?
2. Why does Sam take two days leave from Pickwick's service?
3. Why does Tony say he puts up with the Reverend?
4. Who pays the rent at Mrs. Bardell's house for Pickwick?
5. What is Mrs. Bardell suing Pickwick for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
2. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
3. Who misleads Pickwick and Mr. Wardle when they go to rescue Rachael?
4. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
5. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
6. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
7. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
8. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
9. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
10. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)