|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tupman doing when the group finds him?
(c) Eating a large meal.
2. How much money does Alfred borrow from Tupman?
(a) Five Shillings.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Five Pounds.
(d) Ten Shillings.
3. Who makes a derogatory statement at the first club meeting in the book?
4. What is Job Trotter's occupation?
5. Why is job Trotter planning to marry a woman?
(a) Her father will pay him.
(b) He loves her.
(c) Her mother is rich.
(d) For her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tupman and Pickwick argue about before attending Mrs. Hunter's event?
2. Who marries Isabella Wardle?
3. What is Jemmy's nickname?
4. Why does the man in the parson's manuscript go crazy?
5. What is observed in the paper about Hampstead Pond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
2. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
3. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
4. What does Sam do for Mr. Pickwick when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
5. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
6. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
7. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
8. What causes Pickwick and Wardle to continue their journey to rescue Rachael on foot?
9. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
10. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)