|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam think Pickwick has been doing when he sees Pickwick in the hall of the inn?
(a) Seducing ladies.
(b) Drinking too much.
(c) Sleep walking.
(d) Badgering Peter Magnus.
2. Who makes a derogatory statement at the first club meeting in the book?
3. What is Ben Allen studying?
4. Who marries Isabella Wardle?
(a) Mr. Jingle.
(b) Mr. Snodgrass.
(c) Mr. Winkle.
(d) Mr. Trundle.
5. Why does Sam take two days leave from Pickwick's service?
(a) To go on a day trip.
(b) To visit his aunt.
(c) To pay off a debt.
(d) To visit his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the goblins in Mr. Wardle's story steal?
2. How does Pickwick travel to meet his other friends before their trip?
3. Who is Sam's mother involved with?
4. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
5. What is Mrs. Bardell's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
2. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
3. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
4. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
5. What does Mr. Perker tell the Pickwickians about the parties in the election?
6. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
7. What happens when Tupman shows up for the duel he was challeneged to?
8. What causes Pickwick and Wardle to continue their journey to rescue Rachael on foot?
9. Who misleads Pickwick and Mr. Wardle when they go to rescue Rachael?
10. What does Sam do for Mr. Pickwick when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)