|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose land does Pickwick fall asleep on while hunting?
(a) Sergeant Bolling's.
(b) Captain Boldwig's.
(c) Lieutenant Baller's.
(d) Admiral Bounty's.
2. What did the goblins in Mr. Wardle's story steal?
(a) A sexton.
(b) A tree.
(c) A whole house.
(d) A baby.
3. What does Alfred say to Mr. Wardle about Tupman?
(a) He is not faithful.
(b) He is unintelligent.
(c) He is greedy.
(d) He is very skeptical.
4. What is the name of Sam's father?
5. What do Tupman and Pickwick argue about before attending Mrs. Hunter's event?
(a) Their gifts fr the hostess.
(b) Their costumes.
(c) Their hair styles.
(d) Their bow ties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Pickwick get out of the boarding school?
2. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
3. What is Dodson's occupation?
4. What sickness does Pickwick come down with after the incident at the boarding school?
5. What does Mrs. Bardell do when she thinks Pickwick is proposing to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
2. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
3. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
4. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
5. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
6. What are the initial results of the election?
7. What does Sam do when he dines at the Nupkin household?
8. What does Mr. Perker tell the Pickwickians about the parties in the election?
9. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
10. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel in Rochester?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)