|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Pickwick to enter a boarding school?
(a) He thinks it is a church.
(b) He is meeting the girl Jingle plans to elope with.
(c) He gets cold.
(d) He is looking for evidence of the governess's wealth.
2. What is Bob Sawyer studying?
3. What does Pickwick hire Sam Wellers to do?
(a) Be his personal servant.
(b) Find a new place to live.
(c) See to his financial affairs.
(d) Write down his manuscripts.
4. Who does Pickwick lecture to after hearing about the accusations against Winkle?
(b) Mrs. Potts.
(d) Mr. Potts.
5. What gains Tupman a reputation as a marksman?
(a) He brags about past achievements.
(b) He accidentally shoots a partridge.
(c) He does well in a contest.
(d) He shoots a whole flock of pheasants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Jingle call himself at Mrs. Hunter's event?
2. What does Blotton do that gets him expelled from the club?
3. How does Sam's father say Sam disgraced the family?
4. What does Mrs. Hunter invite the Pickwickians to?
5. What do the Pickwickians see in Muggleton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
2. What does Perker do to change the results of the election?
3. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
4. How does Tupman get a reputation as a marksman?
5. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
6. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
7. Why does Winkle want Pickwick to get out of prison early?
8. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
9. What does Pickwick do for Jingle and Trotter after they are released from prison?
10. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)