|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal is served at the event Mrs. Hunter invites the Pickwickians to?
2. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
(a) He begs for forgiveness.
(b) He surrenders.
(c) It is cancelled.
(d) The challenger does not show up.
3. How does Pickwick hope to better mankind?
(a) Through the spread of religion.
(b) Through Scientific discovery.
(c) Through the spreading of wealth.
(d) Through literary messages.
4. Where is Pickwick sent when he falls asleep while hunting?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The animal pound.
(c) The insane asylum.
(d) The prison.
5. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
(a) Some money.
(b) A map.
(c) Some interesting documents.
(d) A manuscript.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pickwick hire Sam Wellers to do?
2. What does Mrs. Hunter invite the Pickwickians to?
3. Whose land does Pickwick fall asleep on while hunting?
4. What are the two political parties at the election?
5. Who does Job Trotter plan to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the cook hears of Job's intentions with her?
2. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
3. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
4. What does Pickwick dress up as for the breakfast, and why?
5. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
6. What do Tupman and Pickwick fight about before the breakfast?
7. What does Mr. Pickwick do when Alfred leaves after being bought off?
8. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
9. What happens when Peter Magnus learns that Pickwick and his fiance met the night before the proposal?
10. What happens to Pickwick when he goes ice skating?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)