|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pickwick meet Peter Magnus?
(a) The coach.
(b) The train station.
(c) The Inn.
(d) The cafe.
2. How is the accusation against Winkle and Mrs. Potts worded?
(a) A limerick.
(b) A headline.
(c) A poem.
(d) A story.
3. What do the Pickwickians hunt on Mr. Wardle's property?
4. What does Blotton do that gets him expelled from the club?
(a) Criticizes a manuscript from Pickwick.
(b) Interprets the markings on the stone.
(c) Mocks Tupman's injury.
(d) Says he intends to court Rachael.
5. What gains Tupman a reputation as a marksman?
(a) He shoots a whole flock of pheasants.
(b) He accidentally shoots a partridge.
(c) He brags about past achievements.
(d) He does well in a contest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
2. What is observed in the paper about Hampstead Pond?
3. Where is Winkle when he hears he is being accused of romancing Mrs. Potts?
4. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
5. Where is the inn where Peter Magnus proposes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Wardle say he has come to London?
2. How does Pickwick spend his time while in prison?
3. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
4. What does Pickwick do for Jingle and Trotter after they are released from prison?
5. What does Pickwick learn when he and Sam go to Dodson's and Fogg's office?
6. What are Bob and Ben discussing when Pickwick first meets them?
7. Why does Winkle run off to Bristol?
8. How does Mr. Perker suggest handling the dispute between Mr. Winkle and his father?
9. What does Pickwick do when he is awakened on his first night in prison?
10. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)