|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bardell suing Pickwick for?
(c) Breach of promise.
(d) Late payments.
2. Why is job Trotter planning to marry a woman?
(a) For her money.
(b) Her mother is rich.
(c) Her father will pay him.
(d) He loves her.
3. Why does the man in the parson's manuscript go crazy?
(a) His brother gets the inheritance that was due to him.
(b) He gets a severe fever.
(c) His daughter is murdered.
(d) The woman he loves is in love with someone else.
4. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel?
(a) He flirted with an engaged woman.
(b) He made a crude gesture.
(c) He said something rude.
(d) He lent his coat.
5. How did Pickwick first meet the fiance of Peter Magnus?
(a) He walked into her room the night before.
(b) They had met at a ball.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) She once courted one of his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Pickwick fall asleep while hunting?
2. Who does Jingle plan to elope with in Bury St. Edmonds?
3. What do Tupman and Pickwick argue about before attending Mrs. Hunter's event?
4. Whose land does Pickwick fall asleep on while hunting?
5. What is "The Convict's Return"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tony say his son has disgraced the family?
2. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
3. What does Bob Sawyer do that makes Winkle very jealous?
4. What do Peter and his friends talk about when Pickwick finds them in a tavern?
5. What happens when Peter Magnus learns that Pickwick and his fiance met the night before the proposal?
6. Who misleads Pickwick and Mr. Wardle when they go to rescue Rachael?
7. What happens when the cook hears of Job's intentions with her?
8. What does Mrs. Pott do when the Pickwickians come to her home?
9. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
10. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)