|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pickwick lecture to after hearing about the accusations against Winkle?
(b) Mrs. Potts.
(c) Mr. Potts.
2. Who does Job Trotter plan to marry?
(a) A florist.
(b) A maid.
(c) A cook.
(d) A student.
3. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Susan in Sam's aunt.
(c) Susan is Sam's step-mother.
(d) They are half-siblings.
4. What does Pickwick find when he returns to Manor Farm?
(a) A suicide letter from Tupman.
(b) A letter from Jingle.
(c) The manuscript from Jemmy.
(d) An emtpy bed where Tupman should have been.
5. What does Sam think Pickwick has been doing when he sees Pickwick in the hall of the inn?
(a) Badgering Peter Magnus.
(b) Sleep walking.
(c) Seducing ladies.
(d) Drinking too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam's mother involved with?
2. What gains Tupman a reputation as a marksman?
3. Where is the inn where Peter Magnus proposes?
4. Who was courting the woman the stranger gains the affection of?
5. Who helps Pickwick get out of the boarding school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Perker tell the Pickwickians about the parties in the election?
2. What does Pickwick do when is gets locked in a boarding school?
3. Who do Snodgrass and Tupman find attractive while in Chatham?
4. What do the Pickwickians see when at Chatham?
5. Where does Pickwick meet Sam's father, and what do they learn from this encounter?
6. What causes Mr. Wardle to not like the match between Tupman and Rachael?
7. What does Sam do when he dines at the Nupkin household?
8. What happens when Peter Magnus learns that Pickwick and his fiance met the night before the proposal?
9. How does Pickwick get locked in a boarding school?
10. What causes Pickwick and Wardle to continue their journey to rescue Rachael on foot?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)