|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who marks the end of Bob Sawyer's party?
(a) Mrs. Raddle.
(b) Sergeant Snubbins.
(c) Mr. Pickwick.
(d) Arabella Allen.
2. What does Susan reprimand Sam for while he is in prison?
(a) Being devoted to a prisoner.
(b) Being in prison.
(c) Giving up his free time.
(d) Supporting his father.
3. Where does Winkle run into Bob Sawyer?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A doctor's office.
(c) An inn.
(d) A train station.
4. Who sends Sam to prison so he can be with Pickwick?
(c) Mrs. Bardell.
5. What does Perker say to Pickwick before he goes to prison?
(a) He should just pay the fines.
(b) He has done what he thought he had to.
(c) He should let someone else pay the fines.
(d) He is an honorable man.
6. How much is Arabella's dowry?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 1,500 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
7. What does Pickwick promise to do if Mr. Winkle Sr. does not forgive his son?
(a) Talk to him again.
(b) Adopt them as his own.
(c) Help them financially.
(d) Get his mother to talk to his father.
8. What does Tony do when Stiggins asks if Susan left him anything in her Will?
(a) Gives him the liquor from the cabinet.
(b) Gives him a wad of cash.
(c) Kicks him out into the street.
(d) Punches him in the face.
9. What does Bob tell his secrets about when he runs into Winkle?
(a) Keeping good friends.
(b) Memorizing books.
(c) Aquiring business.
(d) Attracting women.
10. What calms Ben Allen down after his fight with the servant?
11. What does Mr. Perker hope the jury has had on the morning of the trial?
(a) A recent fight.
(b) A good breakfast.
(c) A good night's sleep.
(d) A happy morning.
12. What does Mrs. Sanders tell the jury as a witness?
(a) She heard Pickwick tell someone he wanted cheaper rent.
(b) She saw how sad the broken engagement made Mrs. Bardell.
(c) She overheard the proposal.
(d) She heard bad rumors about Mr. Pickwick.
13. What kind of meeting does Tony take his son to?
(a) A suffrage meeting.
(b) A temperance meeting.
(c) A democratic meeting.
(d) A teetoler meeting.
14. Why does Sam feel such a desire to stay in prison with Pickwick?
(a) He has nowhere else to go.
(b) He fears Pickwick will be taken advantage of.
(c) He has no other job.
(d) He feels an obligation.
15. What did the guards at the prison do before admitting Pickwick?
(a) Beat him.
(b) Gave him one more chance to pay the fines.
(c) Took down his name and sentence length.
(d) Memorized his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Mrs. Bardell been brought back to London?
2. What does Stiggins drink when he asks about Susan's will?
3. What name is signed on the Valentine card for Mary?
4. Who tells Sam that Susan has died?
5. Where does Pickwick get jobs for Trotter and Jingle?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)