|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hires Mary as a maid?
(b) Bob Sawyer.
(c) Sam Weller.
(d) Mr. Pickwick.
2. Who sends Mary a Valentine card?
3. Who is sent to retrieve Winkle after he is run off by Mr. Dowler?
4. Why does Mrs. Bardell think she is being taken back to London?
(a) She has another hearing for the trial.
(b) She has some more paperwork to do.
(c) She has a suitor who wants to see her.
(d) She has not paid her bill.
5. What does Winkle ask to do before leaving Bristol?
(a) Go to another opera.
(b) Visit with Bob Sawyer.
(c) See Arabella.
(d) Go hunting in the country.
6. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A sedan.
(c) A closet.
(d) A shed.
7. How much is Mr. Pickwick fined after the trial?
(a) 750 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 1,250 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
8. What does Pickwick promise to do if Mr. Winkle Sr. does not forgive his son?
(a) Talk to him again.
(b) Get his mother to talk to his father.
(c) Help them financially.
(d) Adopt them as his own.
9. Who breaks up the fight between Ben Allen and the servant?
(b) Bob Sawyer.
10. Who tells Ben that Arabella has eloped?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His client.
11. Where does Winkle Sr. live?
12. Who does Tony say is also showing the same signs as his wife?
(b) Reverend Stiggins.
13. Who did Mrs. Bardell say instigated her trial against Pickwick?
(a) Sam Weller.
(b) Her lawyers.
(d) He mother.
14. What does Mr. Perker say Arabella has a good talent for?
(a) Charming others.
(b) Forgiving others.
15. Who tells Arabella that Winkle loves her?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Pickwick's trial to be held?
2. Why does Ben Allen start beating up a servant when he hears of Arabella's elopement?
3. How long does Pickwick get to spend in Bath?
4. Who lives next door to Arabella?
5. Why does Winkle Sr. object to the match between Arabella and his son?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)