|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Ben that Arabella has eloped?
(a) His client.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
2. Who does Ben Allen want his sister to marry?
(a) Alfred Jingle.
(c) Bob Sawyer.
3. Where does Winkle run into Dowler while trying to hide from him?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) An opera.
(d) A ball.
4. What does Susan leave to Sam in her Will?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 800 pounds.
(c) 600 pounds.
(d) 400 pounds.
5. What does Sam bring to Pickwick after his first night in prison?
(a) Some clothes.
(b) Some money.
(c) Some brandy.
(d) Some food.
6. How does Jingle feel when he is released from prison?
(a) None of these.
7. What does Sam do when he finds Winkle in Bristol?
(a) Gives him money to return home.
(b) Hugs him tightly.
(c) Locks him in his room.
(d) Asks him to buy dinner.
8. How is Pickwick released from prison?
(a) He provides extra evidence.
(b) He pays Mrs. Bardell's fees.
(c) He bribes a guard.
(d) He is released on good behavior.
9. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
(a) A shed.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A sedan.
(d) A closet.
10. Who sends Mary a Valentine card?
11. What is Sergeant Snubbin's occupation?
(c) Money Lender.
12. What kind of meeting does Tony take his son to?
(a) A temperance meeting.
(b) A democratic meeting.
(c) A suffrage meeting.
(d) A teetoler meeting.
13. Who tells Sam that Susan has died?
14. Why does Ben Allen start beating up a servant when he hears of Arabella's elopement?
(a) He saw him with his sister earlier.
(b) He is angry, and wants to hit someone.
(c) He thinks the servant helped plan it.
(d) He planned to fire the man anyway.
15. Why does Pickwcik choose to go to prison rather than pay the fine?
(a) He doesn't want to support a corrupt system.
(b) He thinks he deserves prison time.
(c) He doesn't think Mrs. Bardell deserves it.
(d) He doesn't have the money available.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the guards at the prison do before admitting Pickwick?
2. Where does Tony want to send Pickwick?
3. Who does Sam send Trotter to get when he sees Mrs. Bardell back in London?
4. Why does Sam feel such a desire to stay in prison with Pickwick?
5. Who does Tony say is also showing the same signs as his wife?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)