|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jingle feel when he is released from prison?
(d) None of these.
2. Why does Mrs. Bardell think she is being taken back to London?
(a) She has some more paperwork to do.
(b) She has not paid her bill.
(c) She has another hearing for the trial.
(d) She has a suitor who wants to see her.
3. Where does Winkle run into Bob Sawyer?
(a) A doctor's office.
(b) An inn.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A train station.
4. What does Mr. Perker hope the jury has had on the morning of the trial?
(a) A good breakfast.
(b) A good night's sleep.
(c) A recent fight.
(d) A happy morning.
5. Why has Mrs. Bardell been brought back to London?
(a) She has not paid her bill.
(b) She has another hearing for the trial.
(c) She has a suitor who wants to see her.
(d) She has some more paperwork to do.
6. What does Susan leave to Sam in her Will?
(a) 600 pounds.
(b) 400 pounds.
(c) 800 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
7. How long will Sam stay in prison?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) As long as Pickwick does.
8. Who tells Ben that Arabella has eloped?
(a) His client.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His aunt.
9. Where does Pickwick get jobs for Trotter and Jingle?
(a) The West Indies.
10. Who tells Arabella that Winkle loves her?
11. How did Winkle Sr. find out about his son's elopement?
(a) Ben Allen told him.
(b) He read it in the paper.
(c) He got a letter.
(d) Pickwick told him.
12. How is Pickwick released from prison?
(a) He bribes a guard.
(b) He pays Mrs. Bardell's fees.
(c) He is released on good behavior.
(d) He provides extra evidence.
13. What does Sam bring to Pickwick after his first night in prison?
(a) Some food.
(b) Some clothes.
(c) Some money.
(d) Some brandy.
14. Who does Winkle want to tell Ben Allen about his engagement to Arabella?
(a) Tony Weller.
(c) Sam Weller.
15. What does Tony do when Stiggins asks if Susan left him anything in her Will?
(a) Gives him a wad of cash.
(b) Kicks him out into the street.
(c) Punches him in the face.
(d) Gives him the liquor from the cabinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Pickwick's trial held?
2. Who does Pickwick talk to about getting Jingle released from prison?
3. Where does Mrs. Bardell take a coach to?
4. What calms Ben Allen down after his fight with the servant?
5. What does Tony ask of Sam when his wife dies?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)