|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bob Sawyer's landlady harass him?
(a) He flirts with her daughter.
(b) He comes in late at night.
(c) He damages the furniture in his rooms.
(d) He does not pay his rent.
2. What kind of prison is Pickwick taken to?
(a) A debtor's prison.
(b) An adulterer's prison.
(c) A geriatric prison.
(d) A juvenile prison.
3. How long does Pickwick get to spend in Bath?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. What does Tony do to the man who starts a fight at the meeting he took Sam to?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Ties him up.
(c) Whispers threats in his ear.
(d) Gets him drunk.
5. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case?
(a) It will ruin him.
(b) It is hopeless.
(c) It will end wel.
(d) It is a joke.
6. What name is signed on the Valentine card for Mary?
7. What does Mrs. Sanders tell the jury as a witness?
(a) She heard Pickwick tell someone he wanted cheaper rent.
(b) She overheard the proposal.
(c) She saw how sad the broken engagement made Mrs. Bardell.
(d) She heard bad rumors about Mr. Pickwick.
8. What does Perker say to Pickwick before he goes to prison?
(a) He is an honorable man.
(b) He has done what he thought he had to.
(c) He should just pay the fines.
(d) He should let someone else pay the fines.
9. What does Sam say he has notices about his step-mother?
(a) She is spending a lot of money.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is aging fast.
(d) She is drinking a lot.
10. What does Susan leave to Sam in her Will?
(a) 800 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 600 pounds.
(d) 400 pounds.
11. What does Sam do when he finds Winkle in Bristol?
(a) Hugs him tightly.
(b) Locks him in his room.
(c) Gives him money to return home.
(d) Asks him to buy dinner.
12. Where does Tony live?
(a) Dingley Dell.
13. Who does Pickwick talk to about getting Jingle released from prison?
(a) Mr. Foggs.
(b) Mr. Roker.
(c) Mr. Stiggins.
(d) Mr. Perker.
14. What does Sam bring to Pickwick after his first night in prison?
(a) Some food.
(b) Some clothes.
(c) Some brandy.
(d) Some money.
15. Who hires Mary as a maid?
(a) Mr. Pickwick.
(b) Sam Weller.
(c) Bob Sawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winkle want to tell Ben Allen about his engagement to Arabella?
2. What does Tony do when Stiggins asks if Susan left him anything in her Will?
3. Why does Sam feel such a desire to stay in prison with Pickwick?
4. How did Winkle Sr. find out about his son's elopement?
5. Who lives next door to Arabella?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)