|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's attorney?
(a) Sergeant Buzfiz.
(b) Captain Barkfiz.
(c) Admiral Bizbark.
(d) General Barkbuz.
2. Why does Pickwcik choose to go to prison rather than pay the fine?
(a) He thinks he deserves prison time.
(b) He doesn't have the money available.
(c) He doesn't think Mrs. Bardell deserves it.
(d) He doesn't want to support a corrupt system.
3. What is the name of the Judge over Pickwick's trial?
4. Who breaks up the fight between Ben Allen and the servant?
(a) Bob Sawyer.
5. What does Pickwick give Smangle money for in prison?
(a) Refraining from swearing.
(b) Keeping his room clean.
(c) Announcing his visitors.
(d) Bringing him food.
6. Who does Sam send Trotter to get when he sees Mrs. Bardell back in London?
(a) Mr. Perker.
(b) Mr. Dodson.
7. What does Perker say to Pickwick before he goes to prison?
(a) He should let someone else pay the fines.
(b) He has done what he thought he had to.
(c) He is an honorable man.
(d) He should just pay the fines.
8. How is Pickwick released from prison?
(a) He pays Mrs. Bardell's fees.
(b) He bribes a guard.
(c) He provides extra evidence.
(d) He is released on good behavior.
9. Why does Sam feel such a desire to stay in prison with Pickwick?
(a) He has no other job.
(b) He has nowhere else to go.
(c) He fears Pickwick will be taken advantage of.
(d) He feels an obligation.
10. How much is Arabella's dowry?
(a) 1,500 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
11. Who lives next door to Arabella?
12. Who sends Sam to prison so he can be with Pickwick?
(a) Mrs. Bardell.
13. What is Mr. Jackson's occupation?
14. What is Sergeant Snubbin's occupation?
(c) Money Lender.
15. Where is Mrs. Bardell sent when she is taken back to London?
(b) The courtroom.
(c) The lawyer's office.
(d) A boarding house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Arabella that Winkle loves her?
2. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case?
3. Why does Pickwick stay in Towcester?
4. What does Susan leave to Sam in her Will?
5. Where does Tony live?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)