|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of meeting does Tony take his son to?
(a) A democratic meeting.
(b) A suffrage meeting.
(c) A temperance meeting.
(d) A teetoler meeting.
2. What is Mr. Slurk's occupation?
3. How long does Pickwick get to spend in Bath?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. Who breaks up the fight between Ben Allen and the servant?
(c) Bob Sawyer.
5. Who does Winkle want to tell Ben Allen about his engagement to Arabella?
(a) Sam Weller.
(c) Tony Weller.
6. What does Pickwick promise to do if Mr. Winkle Sr. does not forgive his son?
(a) Adopt them as his own.
(b) Help them financially.
(c) Talk to him again.
(d) Get his mother to talk to his father.
7. Why does Mrs. Bardell think she is being taken back to London?
(a) She has a suitor who wants to see her.
(b) She has not paid her bill.
(c) She has another hearing for the trial.
(d) She has some more paperwork to do.
8. What does Susan reprimand Sam for while he is in prison?
(a) Giving up his free time.
(b) Supporting his father.
(c) Being in prison.
(d) Being devoted to a prisoner.
9. What does Pickwick do when he sees Jingle in the prison?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Ignores his existence.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Gives him money.
10. How did Winkle Sr. find out about his son's elopement?
(a) Pickwick told him.
(b) Ben Allen told him.
(c) He read it in the paper.
(d) He got a letter.
11. What is the name of the Judge over Pickwick's trial?
12. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
(a) A sedan.
(b) A shed.
(c) A closet.
(d) A carriage.
13. What does Pickwick give Smangle money for in prison?
(a) Refraining from swearing.
(b) Announcing his visitors.
(c) Keeping his room clean.
(d) Bringing him food.
14. What does Ben Allen do on top of the carriage?
15. Who did Mrs. Bardell say instigated her trial against Pickwick?
(a) Her lawyers.
(b) He mother.
(c) Sam Weller.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Arabella's dowry?
2. What does Tony do when Stiggins asks if Susan left him anything in her Will?
3. Who tells Sam that Susan has died?
4. Who does Tony say is also showing the same signs as his wife?
5. Who lives next door to Arabella?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)