|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Roker do for Pickwick in prison?
(a) Has meaningful conversations.
(b) Protects his money.
(c) Changes his room.
(d) Delivers letters.
2. What calms Ben Allen down after his fight with the servant?
3. What does Mrs. Sanders tell the jury as a witness?
(a) She saw how sad the broken engagement made Mrs. Bardell.
(b) She heard Pickwick tell someone he wanted cheaper rent.
(c) She overheard the proposal.
(d) She heard bad rumors about Mr. Pickwick.
4. Who lives next door to Arabella?
5. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case?
(a) It is hopeless.
(b) It will end wel.
(c) It will ruin him.
(d) It is a joke.
6. What does Perker say to Pickwick before he goes to prison?
(a) He has done what he thought he had to.
(b) He should let someone else pay the fines.
(c) He should just pay the fines.
(d) He is an honorable man.
7. Who does Tony say is also showing the same signs as his wife?
(b) Reverend Stiggins.
8. How long does Pickwick get to spend in Bath?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
9. Where does Mrs. Bardell take a coach to?
10. Why does Pickwick stay in Towcester?
(a) It begins to rain.
(b) He sees a woman he knows there.
(c) That is where he is to meet Winkle Sr.
(d) Ben Allen gets sick and needs rest.
11. Why does Sam feel such a desire to stay in prison with Pickwick?
(a) He has nowhere else to go.
(b) He feels an obligation.
(c) He fears Pickwick will be taken advantage of.
(d) He has no other job.
12. What kind of prison is Pickwick taken to?
(a) A debtor's prison.
(b) An adulterer's prison.
(c) A geriatric prison.
(d) A juvenile prison.
13. Where does Winkle Sr. live?
14. What does Pickwick do when he sees Jingle in the prison?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Gives him money.
(d) Ignores his existence.
15. How does Mrs. Bardell act as the jurors are sworn in?
(a) In pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Sam that Susan has died?
2. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's attorney?
3. What does Susan do the entire time she is visiting Sam in prison?
4. Who starts a fight at the meeting Tony takes Sam to?
5. Who does Sam send Trotter to get when he sees Mrs. Bardell back in London?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)