|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mrs. Bardell doing when she was taken back to London?
(a) Taking a tour.
(c) Having tea.
(d) Eating dinner.
2. What does Sam say he has notices about his step-mother?
(a) She is drinking a lot.
(b) She is spending a lot of money.
(c) She is aging fast.
(d) She is depressed.
3. What does Mrs. Sanders tell the jury as a witness?
(a) She overheard the proposal.
(b) She heard Pickwick tell someone he wanted cheaper rent.
(c) She saw how sad the broken engagement made Mrs. Bardell.
(d) She heard bad rumors about Mr. Pickwick.
4. What does Susan reprimand Sam for while he is in prison?
(a) Being in prison.
(b) Giving up his free time.
(c) Supporting his father.
(d) Being devoted to a prisoner.
5. What does Sam bring to Pickwick after his first night in prison?
(a) Some food.
(b) Some brandy.
(c) Some clothes.
(d) Some money.
6. How does Mrs. Bardell act as the jurors are sworn in?
(d) In pain.
7. What does Tony do to the man who starts a fight at the meeting he took Sam to?
(a) Ties him up.
(b) Gets him drunk.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Whispers threats in his ear.
8. Why has Mrs. Bardell been brought back to London?
(a) She has a suitor who wants to see her.
(b) She has some more paperwork to do.
(c) She has another hearing for the trial.
(d) She has not paid her bill.
9. Why does Ben Allen start beating up a servant when he hears of Arabella's elopement?
(a) He is angry, and wants to hit someone.
(b) He thinks the servant helped plan it.
(c) He planned to fire the man anyway.
(d) He saw him with his sister earlier.
10. What does Susan leave to Sam in her Will?
(a) 800 pounds.
(b) 400 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 600 pounds.
11. What does Bob tell his secrets about when he runs into Winkle?
(a) Attracting women.
(b) Keeping good friends.
(c) Memorizing books.
(d) Aquiring business.
12. How much is Arabella's dowry?
(a) 1,500 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
13. Who of the following is NOT subpoenaed for Pickwick's trial?
(c) Tony Weller.
14. How long will Sam stay in prison?
(a) 18 months.
(b) As long as Pickwick does.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
15. What does Mr. Perker hope the jury has had on the morning of the trial?
(a) A good night's sleep.
(b) A recent fight.
(c) A happy morning.
(d) A good breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pickwick stay in Towcester?
2. What does Susan do the entire time she is visiting Sam in prison?
3. Why does Mrs. Bardell think she is being taken back to London?
4. Who tells Arabella that Winkle loves her?
5. What does Pickwick do when he sees Jingle in the prison?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)