|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the founder of the place the Pickwickians go before Pickwick has to go to jail?
(a) King Henry.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Prince Bladud.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
2. Where is Mrs. Bardell sent when she is taken back to London?
(a) The lawyer's office.
(b) The courtroom.
(d) A boarding house.
3. Who tells Ben that Arabella has eloped?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His client.
4. Where do the Pickwickians go before Pickwick has to go to jail?
(b) Manor Farm.
5. When is Pickwick's trial to be held?
(a) February 4th.
(b) February 22nd.
(c) February 12th.
(d) February 14th.
6. Who does Winkle want to tell Ben Allen about his engagement to Arabella?
(b) Sam Weller.
(c) Tony Weller.
7. What is Sergeant Snubbin's occupation?
(b) Money Lender.
8. Why has Mrs. Bardell been brought back to London?
(a) She has a suitor who wants to see her.
(b) She has not paid her bill.
(c) She has some more paperwork to do.
(d) She has another hearing for the trial.
9. Where does Pickwick get jobs for Trotter and Jingle?
(d) The West Indies.
10. What does Sam bring to Pickwick after his first night in prison?
(a) Some food.
(b) Some money.
(c) Some clothes.
(d) Some brandy.
11. Who is sent to retrieve Winkle after he is run off by Mr. Dowler?
12. Who starts a fight at the meeting Tony takes Sam to?
(c) Arabella Allen.
(d) Reverend Stiggins.
13. Where is Mr. Pickwick's trial held?
14. Who did Mrs. Bardell say instigated her trial against Pickwick?
(a) Sam Weller.
(b) Her lawyers.
(c) He mother.
15. Who hires Mary as a maid?
(a) Bob Sawyer.
(b) Sam Weller.
(c) Mr. Pickwick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tony want to send Pickwick?
2. Where does Winkle run into Dowler while trying to hide from him?
3. What does Bob tell his secrets about when he runs into Winkle?
4. What does Tony do when Stiggins asks if Susan left him anything in her Will?
5. Why does Winkle Sr. object to the match between Arabella and his son?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)