|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main reason Ben wants Bob to marry his sister?
(a) His father always liked Bob.
(b) He wants Arabella to stay local.
(c) Ben is his good friend.
(d) Her dowry can support their business.
2. What does Bob tell his secrets about when he runs into Winkle?
(a) Keeping good friends.
(b) Memorizing books.
(c) Aquiring business.
(d) Attracting women.
3. Who starts a fight at the meeting Tony takes Sam to?
(c) Reverend Stiggins.
(d) Arabella Allen.
4. Why does Bob Sawyer's landlady harass him?
(a) He flirts with her daughter.
(b) He comes in late at night.
(c) He does not pay his rent.
(d) He damages the furniture in his rooms.
5. How does Jingle feel when he is released from prison?
(c) None of these.
6. Who sends Sam to prison so he can be with Pickwick?
(d) Mrs. Bardell.
7. Who hires Mary as a maid?
(a) Bob Sawyer.
(b) Mr. Pickwick.
(c) Sam Weller.
8. How did Winkle Sr. find out about his son's elopement?
(a) Pickwick told him.
(b) He got a letter.
(c) He read it in the paper.
(d) Ben Allen told him.
9. What kind of meeting does Tony take his son to?
(a) A teetoler meeting.
(b) A suffrage meeting.
(c) A democratic meeting.
(d) A temperance meeting.
10. What does Tony ask of Sam when his wife dies?
(a) That he deliver the eulogy.
(b) That he attend her funeral.
(c) That he remember her in his prayers.
(d) That he come and visit.
11. What calms Ben Allen down after his fight with the servant?
12. Who tells Arabella that Winkle loves her?
13. What kind of prison is Pickwick taken to?
(a) A geriatric prison.
(b) A juvenile prison.
(c) A debtor's prison.
(d) An adulterer's prison.
14. What does Perker say to Pickwick before he goes to prison?
(a) He is an honorable man.
(b) He has done what he thought he had to.
(c) He should let someone else pay the fines.
(d) He should just pay the fines.
15. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's attorney?
(a) Sergeant Buzfiz.
(b) Admiral Bizbark.
(c) General Barkbuz.
(d) Captain Barkfiz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Sanders tell the jury as a witness?
2. What does Susan do the entire time she is visiting Sam in prison?
3. How is Pickwick released from prison?
4. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case?
5. What is Mr. Slurk's occupation?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)