|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Sam to prison so he can be with Pickwick?
(b) Mrs. Bardell.
2. Who tells Ben that Arabella has eloped?
(a) His sister.
(b) His client.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
3. Who starts a fight at the meeting Tony takes Sam to?
(a) Arabella Allen.
(d) Reverend Stiggins.
4. Who sends Mary a Valentine card?
5. What does Mrs. Sanders tell the jury as a witness?
(a) She saw how sad the broken engagement made Mrs. Bardell.
(b) She heard Pickwick tell someone he wanted cheaper rent.
(c) She heard bad rumors about Mr. Pickwick.
(d) She overheard the proposal.
6. Who did Mrs. Bardell say instigated her trial against Pickwick?
(a) He mother.
(b) Her lawyers.
(d) Sam Weller.
7. Who takes Mrs. Bardell back to London?
(a) Mr. Foggs.
(b) Mr. Jackson.
(d) Mr. Dodson.
8. Who does Sam send Trotter to get when he sees Mrs. Bardell back in London?
(a) Mr. Dodson.
(c) Mr. Perker.
9. What does Tony do to the man who starts a fight at the meeting he took Sam to?
(a) Ties him up.
(b) Whispers threats in his ear.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Gets him drunk.
10. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
(a) A sedan.
(b) A shed.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A closet.
11. What is the main problem Ben sees in his plan to get Arabella to marry Bob?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) She is a little bit older.
(c) She likes to be independant.
(d) She is much younger.
12. Why does Pickwcik choose to go to prison rather than pay the fine?
(a) He thinks he deserves prison time.
(b) He doesn't think Mrs. Bardell deserves it.
(c) He doesn't want to support a corrupt system.
(d) He doesn't have the money available.
13. What does Sam say he has notices about his step-mother?
(a) She is aging fast.
(b) She is spending a lot of money.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) She is drinking a lot.
14. When is Pickwick's trial to be held?
(a) February 4th.
(b) February 14th.
(c) February 22nd.
(d) February 12th.
15. What did the guards at the prison do before admitting Pickwick?
(a) Gave him one more chance to pay the fines.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Memorized his face.
(d) Took down his name and sentence length.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Pickwick get to spend in Bath?
2. Where does Winkle run into Bob Sawyer?
3. Where is Mr. Pickwick's trial held?
4. Who tells Sam that Susan has died?
5. Why does Sam feel such a desire to stay in prison with Pickwick?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)