|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ben Allen want his sister to marry?
(c) Alfred Jingle.
(d) Bob Sawyer.
2. What calms Ben Allen down after his fight with the servant?
3. Why has Mrs. Bardell been brought back to London?
(a) She has not paid her bill.
(b) She has a suitor who wants to see her.
(c) She has another hearing for the trial.
(d) She has some more paperwork to do.
4. Why does Pickwick stay in Towcester?
(a) That is where he is to meet Winkle Sr.
(b) It begins to rain.
(c) He sees a woman he knows there.
(d) Ben Allen gets sick and needs rest.
5. Why does Pickwcik choose to go to prison rather than pay the fine?
(a) He thinks he deserves prison time.
(b) He doesn't think Mrs. Bardell deserves it.
(c) He doesn't have the money available.
(d) He doesn't want to support a corrupt system.
6. Where does Winkle run into Bob Sawyer?
(a) A doctor's office.
(b) An inn.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A train station.
7. Where is Mrs. Bardell sent when she is taken back to London?
(b) The lawyer's office.
(c) The courtroom.
(d) A boarding house.
8. What is Sergeant Snubbin's occupation?
(b) Money Lender.
9. Who is sent to retrieve Winkle after he is run off by Mr. Dowler?
10. Who marks the end of Bob Sawyer's party?
(a) Sergeant Snubbins.
(b) Mrs. Raddle.
(c) Mr. Pickwick.
(d) Arabella Allen.
11. What does Pickwick promise to do if Mr. Winkle Sr. does not forgive his son?
(a) Get his mother to talk to his father.
(b) Help them financially.
(c) Talk to him again.
(d) Adopt them as his own.
12. Why does Bob Sawyer's landlady harass him?
(a) He flirts with her daughter.
(b) He does not pay his rent.
(c) He comes in late at night.
(d) He damages the furniture in his rooms.
13. How much is Mr. Pickwick fined after the trial?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 750 pounds.
(c) 1,250 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
14. What does Tony ask of Sam when his wife dies?
(a) That he remember her in his prayers.
(b) That he come and visit.
(c) That he attend her funeral.
(d) That he deliver the eulogy.
15. What does Pickwick give Smangle money for in prison?
(a) Refraining from swearing.
(b) Announcing his visitors.
(c) Bringing him food.
(d) Keeping his room clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of meeting does Tony take his son to?
2. Who tells Ben that Arabella has eloped?
3. What is Mr. Slurk's occupation?
4. Where does Mrs. Bardell take a coach to?
5. How does Jingle feel when he is released from prison?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)