|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan leave to Sam in her Will?
(a) 800 pounds.
(b) 600 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 400 pounds.
2. Why does Mrs. Bardell think she is being taken back to London?
(a) She has another hearing for the trial.
(b) She has not paid her bill.
(c) She has a suitor who wants to see her.
(d) She has some more paperwork to do.
3. Who does Sam send Trotter to get when he sees Mrs. Bardell back in London?
(a) Mr. Perker.
(c) Mr. Dodson.
4. Why does Ben Allen start beating up a servant when he hears of Arabella's elopement?
(a) He planned to fire the man anyway.
(b) He saw him with his sister earlier.
(c) He thinks the servant helped plan it.
(d) He is angry, and wants to hit someone.
5. How is Pickwick released from prison?
(a) He bribes a guard.
(b) He is released on good behavior.
(c) He provides extra evidence.
(d) He pays Mrs. Bardell's fees.
6. Who sends Sam to prison so he can be with Pickwick?
(a) Mrs. Bardell.
7. What does Mr. Perker say Arabella has a good talent for?
(a) Charming others.
(d) Forgiving others.
8. What does Ben Allen do on top of the carriage?
9. Where is Mr. Pickwick's trial held?
10. Who does Ben Allen want his sister to marry?
(a) Alfred Jingle.
(c) Bob Sawyer.
11. What does Bob tell his secrets about when he runs into Winkle?
(a) Memorizing books.
(b) Attracting women.
(c) Aquiring business.
(d) Keeping good friends.
12. Who sends Mary a Valentine card?
13. How much is Mr. Pickwick fined after the trial?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 750 pounds.
(c) 1,250 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
14. What does Susan reprimand Sam for while he is in prison?
(a) Supporting his father.
(b) Being in prison.
(c) Giving up his free time.
(d) Being devoted to a prisoner.
15. How does Mrs. Bardell act as the jurors are sworn in?
(d) In pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts a fight at the meeting Tony takes Sam to?
2. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
3. What is the name of the Judge over Pickwick's trial?
4. What is the main problem Ben sees in his plan to get Arabella to marry Bob?
5. What does Stiggins drink when he asks about Susan's will?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)