|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's attorney?
(a) Sergeant Buzfiz.
(b) Captain Barkfiz.
(c) Admiral Bizbark.
(d) General Barkbuz.
2. Why does Mrs. Bardell think she is being taken back to London?
(a) She has another hearing for the trial.
(b) She has some more paperwork to do.
(c) She has a suitor who wants to see her.
(d) She has not paid her bill.
3. Who tells Sam that Susan has died?
4. Who does Winkle want to tell Ben Allen about his engagement to Arabella?
(c) Tony Weller.
(d) Sam Weller.
5. What does Winkle ask to do before leaving Bristol?
(a) Visit with Bob Sawyer.
(b) See Arabella.
(c) Go to another opera.
(d) Go hunting in the country.
6. What does Tony do when Stiggins asks if Susan left him anything in her Will?
(a) Kicks him out into the street.
(b) Gives him the liquor from the cabinet.
(c) Gives him a wad of cash.
(d) Punches him in the face.
7. Where does Winkle run into Dowler while trying to hide from him?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) An opera.
(c) A ball.
(d) A hotel.
8. What does Perker say to Pickwick before he goes to prison?
(a) He should let someone else pay the fines.
(b) He should just pay the fines.
(c) He has done what he thought he had to.
(d) He is an honorable man.
9. What does Pickwick give Smangle money for in prison?
(a) Bringing him food.
(b) Refraining from swearing.
(c) Keeping his room clean.
(d) Announcing his visitors.
10. What is the name of the Judge over Pickwick's trial?
11. How did Winkle Sr. find out about his son's elopement?
(a) Pickwick told him.
(b) Ben Allen told him.
(c) He got a letter.
(d) He read it in the paper.
12. What kind of meeting does Tony take his son to?
(a) A teetoler meeting.
(b) A suffrage meeting.
(c) A temperance meeting.
(d) A democratic meeting.
13. How long does Pickwick get to spend in Bath?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
14. What does Susan do the entire time she is visiting Sam in prison?
15. Why does Winkle Sr. object to the match between Arabella and his son?
(a) She has no money.
(b) They eloped.
(c) She is too young.
(d) Winkle has been previously engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of prison is Pickwick taken to?
2. What name is signed on the Valentine card for Mary?
3. What does Tony do to the man who starts a fight at the meeting he took Sam to?
4. Why does Pickwcik choose to go to prison rather than pay the fine?
5. Who marks the end of Bob Sawyer's party?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)