|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
(a) A closet.
(b) A shed.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A sedan.
2. What kind of meeting does Tony take his son to?
(a) A teetoler meeting.
(b) A temperance meeting.
(c) A democratic meeting.
(d) A suffrage meeting.
3. What does Pickwick promise to do if Mr. Winkle Sr. does not forgive his son?
(a) Talk to him again.
(b) Adopt them as his own.
(c) Help them financially.
(d) Get his mother to talk to his father.
4. How did Winkle Sr. find out about his son's elopement?
(a) He got a letter.
(b) Ben Allen told him.
(c) He read it in the paper.
(d) Pickwick told him.
5. Where does Winkle Sr. live?
6. Where does Pickwick get jobs for Trotter and Jingle?
(a) The West Indies.
7. How long does Pickwick get to spend in Bath?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 months.
8. What calms Ben Allen down after his fight with the servant?
9. What did the guards at the prison do before admitting Pickwick?
(a) Took down his name and sentence length.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Gave him one more chance to pay the fines.
(d) Memorized his face.
10. Where does Tony want to send Pickwick?
11. What does Tony do to the man who starts a fight at the meeting he took Sam to?
(a) Ties him up.
(b) Gets him drunk.
(c) Whispers threats in his ear.
(d) Punches him.
12. Who tells Arabella that Winkle loves her?
13. Who marks the end of Bob Sawyer's party?
(a) Mrs. Raddle.
(b) Sergeant Snubbins.
(c) Arabella Allen.
(d) Mr. Pickwick.
14. Who did Mrs. Bardell say instigated her trial against Pickwick?
(a) Sam Weller.
(b) He mother.
(c) Her lawyers.
15. Who does Pickwick talk to about getting Jingle released from prison?
(a) Mr. Stiggins.
(b) Mr. Perker.
(c) Mr. Foggs.
(d) Mr. Roker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Mr. Pickwick fined after the trial?
2. What was Mrs. Bardell doing when she was taken back to London?
3. What name is signed on the Valentine card for Mary?
4. What does Susan reprimand Sam for while he is in prison?
5. What is the name of the Judge over Pickwick's trial?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)