|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben Allen do on top of the carriage?
2. Where does Winkle Sr. live?
3. What does Pickwick do when he sees Jingle in the prison?
(a) Ignores his existence.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Gives him money.
(d) Punches him.
4. What does Tony do to the man who starts a fight at the meeting he took Sam to?
(a) Whispers threats in his ear.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Gets him drunk.
(d) Ties him up.
5. How much is Arabella's dowry?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 1,500 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
6. What is Mr. Jackson's occupation?
7. Where does Winkle run into Dowler while trying to hide from him?
(a) A ball.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An opera.
(d) A restaurant.
8. Why does Bob Sawyer's landlady harass him?
(a) He flirts with her daughter.
(b) He does not pay his rent.
(c) He damages the furniture in his rooms.
(d) He comes in late at night.
9. Where does Mrs. Bardell take a coach to?
10. Who does Sam send Trotter to get when he sees Mrs. Bardell back in London?
(c) Mr. Dodson.
(d) Mr. Perker.
11. What does Mrs. Sanders tell the jury as a witness?
(a) She heard bad rumors about Mr. Pickwick.
(b) She overheard the proposal.
(c) She saw how sad the broken engagement made Mrs. Bardell.
(d) She heard Pickwick tell someone he wanted cheaper rent.
12. Who did Mrs. Bardell say instigated her trial against Pickwick?
(a) Sam Weller.
(b) He mother.
(c) Her lawyers.
13. Who lives next door to Arabella?
14. What was Mrs. Bardell doing when she was taken back to London?
(b) Having tea.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Taking a tour.
15. What kind of meeting does Tony take his son to?
(a) A suffrage meeting.
(b) A teetoler meeting.
(c) A democratic meeting.
(d) A temperance meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Winkle Sr. object to the match between Arabella and his son?
2. What is Mr. Slurk's occupation?
3. Who breaks up the fight between Ben Allen and the servant?
4. Where does Winkle run into Bob Sawyer?
5. Why has Mrs. Bardell been brought back to London?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)