|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jingle feel when he is released from prison?
(c) None of these.
2. How does Mrs. Bardell act as the jurors are sworn in?
(c) In pain.
3. Where does Mrs. Bardell take a coach to?
4. What does Mr. Perker say about Pickwick's case?
(a) It will end wel.
(b) It will ruin him.
(c) It is a joke.
(d) It is hopeless.
5. What did the guards at the prison do before admitting Pickwick?
(a) Memorized his face.
(b) Gave him one more chance to pay the fines.
(c) Took down his name and sentence length.
(d) Beat him.
6. Who starts a fight at the meeting Tony takes Sam to?
(c) Arabella Allen.
(d) Reverend Stiggins.
7. Where does Winkle try to hide when he is locked outside in his nightshirt?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A sedan.
(c) A closet.
(d) A shed.
8. How is Pickwick released from prison?
(a) He is released on good behavior.
(b) He provides extra evidence.
(c) He pays Mrs. Bardell's fees.
(d) He bribes a guard.
9. Why does Pickwick stay in Towcester?
(a) He sees a woman he knows there.
(b) It begins to rain.
(c) Ben Allen gets sick and needs rest.
(d) That is where he is to meet Winkle Sr.
10. Who was the founder of the place the Pickwickians go before Pickwick has to go to jail?
(a) Prince Bladud.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) King Henry.
11. Where does Winkle run into Dowler while trying to hide from him?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An opera.
(d) A ball.
12. What does Susan do the entire time she is visiting Sam in prison?
13. What is Sergeant Snubbin's occupation?
(d) Money Lender.
14. Who hires Mary as a maid?
(b) Sam Weller.
(c) Mr. Pickwick.
(d) Bob Sawyer.
15. What was Mrs. Bardell doing when she was taken back to London?
(a) Having tea.
(b) Taking a tour.
(d) Eating dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan leave to Sam in her Will?
2. Who is sent to retrieve Winkle after he is run off by Mr. Dowler?
3. Who tells Ben that Arabella has eloped?
4. Where does Pickwick get jobs for Trotter and Jingle?
5. Who sends Sam to prison so he can be with Pickwick?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)