|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Pickwick's trial to be held?
(a) February 14th.
(b) February 12th.
(c) February 22nd.
(d) February 4th.
2. Who breaks up the fight between Ben Allen and the servant?
(a) Bob Sawyer.
3. Who tells Arabella that Winkle loves her?
4. Who tells Sam that Susan has died?
5. Who marks the end of Bob Sawyer's party?
(a) Arabella Allen.
(b) Mrs. Raddle.
(c) Sergeant Snubbins.
(d) Mr. Pickwick.
6. Who lives next door to Arabella?
7. What is Sergeant Snubbin's occupation?
(d) Money Lender.
8. What does Tony ask of Sam when his wife dies?
(a) That he come and visit.
(b) That he attend her funeral.
(c) That he deliver the eulogy.
(d) That he remember her in his prayers.
9. Where does Mrs. Bardell take a coach to?
10. Why does Bob Sawyer's landlady harass him?
(a) He damages the furniture in his rooms.
(b) He flirts with her daughter.
(c) He does not pay his rent.
(d) He comes in late at night.
11. How much is Arabella's dowry?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 1,500 pounds.
12. What name is signed on the Valentine card for Mary?
13. What is the main problem Ben sees in his plan to get Arabella to marry Bob?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) She is a little bit older.
(c) She likes to be independant.
(d) She is much younger.
14. What does Susan do the entire time she is visiting Sam in prison?
15. Why does Winkle Sr. object to the match between Arabella and his son?
(a) They eloped.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She has no money.
(d) Winkle has been previously engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Judge over Pickwick's trial?
2. Why does Mrs. Bardell think she is being taken back to London?
3. Who sends Sam to prison so he can be with Pickwick?
4. What is Mr. Slurk's occupation?
5. What does Mr. Perker say Arabella has a good talent for?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)