|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tony say is also showing the same signs as his wife?
(d) Reverend Stiggins.
2. Why has Mrs. Bardell been brought back to London?
(a) She has not paid her bill.
(b) She has another hearing for the trial.
(c) She has some more paperwork to do.
(d) She has a suitor who wants to see her.
3. Who of the following is NOT subpoenaed for Pickwick's trial?
(b) Tony Weller.
4. How does Mrs. Bardell act as the jurors are sworn in?
(c) In pain.
5. Who does Winkle want to tell Ben Allen about his engagement to Arabella?
(c) Tony Weller.
(d) Sam Weller.
6. How much is Mr. Pickwick fined after the trial?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 1,250 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 750 pounds.
7. What does Winkle ask to do before leaving Bristol?
(a) Go to another opera.
(b) Go hunting in the country.
(c) Visit with Bob Sawyer.
(d) See Arabella.
8. Who marks the end of Bob Sawyer's party?
(a) Mrs. Raddle.
(b) Sergeant Snubbins.
(c) Arabella Allen.
(d) Mr. Pickwick.
9. How long will Sam stay in prison?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) As long as Pickwick does.
(d) 1 year.
10. Who sends Mary a Valentine card?
11. What kind of meeting does Tony take his son to?
(a) A teetoler meeting.
(b) A democratic meeting.
(c) A temperance meeting.
(d) A suffrage meeting.
12. What kind of prison is Pickwick taken to?
(a) An adulterer's prison.
(b) A debtor's prison.
(c) A geriatric prison.
(d) A juvenile prison.
13. Who lives next door to Arabella?
14. Who tells Arabella that Winkle loves her?
15. How much is Arabella's dowry?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 1,500 pounds.
(d) 2,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tony live?
2. What does Sam bring to Pickwick after his first night in prison?
3. What does Ben Allen do on top of the carriage?
4. How does Jingle feel when he is released from prison?
5. What does Pickwick do when he sees Jingle in the prison?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)