|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
(a) It is cancelled.
(b) The challenger does not show up.
(c) He begs for forgiveness.
(d) He surrenders.
2. What makes Pickwick fall asleep while hunting?
(a) He gets an injury.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He is still revoering from his illness.
(d) He slept little the day before.
3. What does the club decide to broaden their horizons?
(a) A research facility.
(b) A traveling club.
(c) A study internship.
(d) A borrowing library.
4. Who marries Isabella Wardle?
(a) Mr. Winkle.
(b) Mr. Trundle.
(c) Mr. Snodgrass.
(d) Mr. Jingle.
5. What does Sam think Pickwick has been doing when he sees Pickwick in the hall of the inn?
(a) Badgering Peter Magnus.
(b) Sleep walking.
(c) Seducing ladies.
(d) Drinking too much.
6. How is the accusation against Winkle and Mrs. Potts worded?
(a) A headline.
(b) A story.
(c) A limerick.
(d) A poem.
7. Where is Isabella getting married?
(a) Harvey House.
(b) Dingley Dell.
(c) Manor Farm.
(d) Milton Pond.
8. How does Pickwick choose who to root for in the election?
(a) He finds out which group the farmers like.
(b) He sees which candidate is taller.
(c) He finds the loudest group.
(d) He reads the campaigns.
9. What is Dodson's occupation?
10. Where is the first stop on Pickwick's trip with his friends?
11. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's son?
12. Where do the girls in the boarding school lock Pickwick?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) A closet.
(c) A wardrobe.
(d) A classroom.
13. What gains Tupman a reputation as a marksman?
(a) He shoots a whole flock of pheasants.
(b) He does well in a contest.
(c) He accidentally shoots a partridge.
(d) He brags about past achievements.
14. Who does Jingle plan to elope with in Bury St. Edmonds?
(a) A governess at a boarding school.
(b) Mrs. Hunter.
(c) Pickwick's niece.
(d) A boarding school girl.
15. How did Pickwick first meet the fiance of Peter Magnus?
(a) She once courted one of his friends.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) He walked into her room the night before.
(d) They had met at a ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tupman doing when the group finds him?
2. What do the people in the club attend on the first night of their trip?
3. What is "The Convict's Return"?
4. What do the Pickwickians hunt on Mr. Wardle's property?
5. Why does Tony say he puts up with the Reverend?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)