|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alfred's last name?
2. What do the Pickwickians hunt on Mr. Wardle's property?
3. What does Mr. Jingle call himself at Mrs. Hunter's event?
(a) Mr. Freshman.
(b) Mr. Flashman.
(c) Mr. Fitzmarshall.
(d) Mr. Fitzsimmons.
4. What gains Tupman a reputation as a marksman?
(a) He accidentally shoots a partridge.
(b) He shoots a whole flock of pheasants.
(c) He does well in a contest.
(d) He brags about past achievements.
5. What does Sam think Pickwick has been doing when he sees Pickwick in the hall of the inn?
(a) Drinking too much.
(b) Sleep walking.
(c) Badgering Peter Magnus.
(d) Seducing ladies.
6. Who does Job Trotter plan to marry?
(a) A student.
(b) A florist.
(c) A maid.
(d) A cook.
7. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) Some money.
(c) A map.
(d) Some interesting documents.
8. Who does Jingle plan to elope with in Bury St. Edmonds?
(a) A boarding school girl.
(b) Pickwick's niece.
(c) Mrs. Hunter.
(d) A governess at a boarding school.
9. How does Pickwick choose who to root for in the election?
(a) He sees which candidate is taller.
(b) He reads the campaigns.
(c) He finds the loudest group.
(d) He finds out which group the farmers like.
10. Who helps Pickwick get out of the boarding school?
(a) Mrs. Hunter.
(b) Mrs. Barlow.
(d) Sam Weller.
11. What is Mrs. Hunter's husband's name?
12. What is the name of Sam's father?
13. Where does Pickwick live when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A shelter.
(c) Snodgrass's house.
(d) An Inn.
14. Where is Pickwick sent when he falls asleep while hunting?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The insane asylum.
(c) The animal pound.
(d) The prison.
15. What does Peter Magnus hope to do the night he meets Pickwick?
(a) Sell his last manuscripts.
(b) Meet his father.
(c) Propose to his love.
(d) Get a large inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Pickwick wearing when he was seen in the hall of the inn by Sam?
2. Why does Sam take two days leave from Pickwick's service?
3. Who wrote "Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Pond"?
4. Where is the first stop on Pickwick's trip with his friends?
5. Where does the group find Tupman?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)