|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Winkle when he hears he is being accused of romancing Mrs. Potts?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Mrs. Potts's house.
(d) The library.
2. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
(a) Some interesting documents.
(b) Some money.
(c) A map.
(d) A manuscript.
3. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
(a) He begs for forgiveness.
(b) The challenger does not show up.
(c) It is cancelled.
(d) He surrenders.
4. What is Tupman doing when the group finds him?
(b) Eating a large meal.
5. Where does Pickwick meet Peter Magnus?
(a) The train station.
(b) The cafe.
(c) The Inn.
(d) The coach.
6. Why is job Trotter planning to marry a woman?
(a) Her father will pay him.
(b) Her mother is rich.
(c) He loves her.
(d) For her money.
7. What is Jemmy's nickname?
8. What gains Tupman a reputation as a marksman?
(a) He shoots a whole flock of pheasants.
(b) He does well in a contest.
(c) He accidentally shoots a partridge.
(d) He brags about past achievements.
9. What causes Pickwick to enter a boarding school?
(a) He is looking for evidence of the governess's wealth.
(b) He is meeting the girl Jingle plans to elope with.
(c) He gets cold.
(d) He thinks it is a church.
10. What does the club decide to broaden their horizons?
(a) A traveling club.
(b) A research facility.
(c) A study internship.
(d) A borrowing library.
11. Where is Pickwick sent when he falls asleep while hunting?
(a) The insane asylum.
(b) The animal pound.
(c) The prison.
(d) The hospital.
12. What was Pickwick wearing when he was seen in the hall of the inn by Sam?
(b) A night gown.
(c) A full suit.
(d) A robe.
13. What does Mrs. Bardell do when she thinks Pickwick is proposing to her?
14. How did Pickwick first meet the fiance of Peter Magnus?
(a) He walked into her room the night before.
(b) She once courted one of his friends.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They had met at a ball.
15. What does Peter Magnus do when he finds out Pickwick and his fiance have already met?
(a) Runs away crying.
(b) Laughs heartily.
(c) Challenges him to a duel.
(d) Forces Pickwick out of the Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam's mother involved with?
2. Who wrote "Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Pond"?
3. What is the name of Sam's father?
4. What is observed in the paper about Hampstead Pond?
5. Who pays the rent at Mrs. Bardell's house for Pickwick?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)