|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hunter invite the Pickwickians to?
(a) A picnic.
(b) A costume party.
(c) A ball.
(d) A lecture reading.
2. What did the goblins in Mr. Wardle's story steal?
(a) A sexton.
(b) A whole house.
(c) A baby.
(d) A tree.
3. How does Sam's father say Sam disgraced the family?
(a) Letting Trotter trick him.
(b) Not finishing school.
(c) Working as a servant.
(d) Keeping friends like Pickwick.
4. Who is Sam's mother involved with?
(a) Father Griffin.
(b) Parson Higgins.
(c) Reverend Stiggins.
(d) Bishop Stiffin.
5. Where does Pickwick meet Peter Magnus?
(a) The Inn.
(b) The cafe.
(c) The train station.
(d) The coach.
6. What does Pickwick hope to do at Bury St. Edmonds?
(a) Uncover Jingle's wealth.
(b) Get re-paid by Jingle.
(c) Find out Jingle's true identity.
(d) Expose Jingle.
7. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel?
(a) He flirted with an engaged woman.
(b) He made a crude gesture.
(c) He said something rude.
(d) He lent his coat.
8. Where does Pickwick find Jemmy contemplating suicide?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A church.
(c) A wooded clearing.
(d) A statue.
9. What do Tupman and Pickwick argue about before attending Mrs. Hunter's event?
(a) Their bow ties.
(b) Their hair styles.
(c) Their gifts fr the hostess.
(d) Their costumes.
10. Why does the man in the parson's manuscript go crazy?
(a) His daughter is murdered.
(b) The woman he loves is in love with someone else.
(c) His brother gets the inheritance that was due to him.
(d) He gets a severe fever.
11. What is Jemmy's nickname?
12. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's son?
13. What is Mrs. Bardell's occupation?
(b) House maid.
(d) Land lady.
14. How is the accusation against Winkle and Mrs. Potts worded?
(a) A story.
(b) A headline.
(c) A limerick.
(d) A poem.
15. What gains Tupman a reputation as a marksman?
(a) He accidentally shoots a partridge.
(b) He shoots a whole flock of pheasants.
(c) He brags about past achievements.
(d) He does well in a contest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dodson's occupation?
2. Who wrote "Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Pond"?
3. What do the Pickwickians hunt on Mr. Wardle's property?
4. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
5. What sickness does Pickwick come down with after the incident at the boarding school?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)