|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pickwick sent when he falls asleep while hunting?
(a) The animal pound.
(b) The prison.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The insane asylum.
2. Who does Pickwick lecture to after hearing about the accusations against Winkle?
(c) Mrs. Potts.
(d) Mr. Potts.
3. Why does the man in the parson's manuscript go crazy?
(a) He gets a severe fever.
(b) His daughter is murdered.
(c) The woman he loves is in love with someone else.
(d) His brother gets the inheritance that was due to him.
4. What was Pickwick wearing when he was seen in the hall of the inn by Sam?
(a) A robe.
(b) A night gown.
(d) A full suit.
5. How does Pickwick choose who to root for in the election?
(a) He sees which candidate is taller.
(b) He reads the campaigns.
(c) He finds the loudest group.
(d) He finds out which group the farmers like.
6. Where does Pickwick live when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
(a) Snodgrass's house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A shelter.
(d) An Inn.
7. How does Pickwick hope to better mankind?
(a) Through the spread of religion.
(b) Through Scientific discovery.
(c) Through the spreading of wealth.
(d) Through literary messages.
8. How do the Pickwickians get to Mr. Wardle's property?
(a) They take a ferry.
(b) They ride rented horses.
(c) They hire a chaise.
(d) They walk.
9. Who marries Isabella Wardle?
(a) Mr. Snodgrass.
(b) Mr. Jingle.
(c) Mr. Winkle.
(d) Mr. Trundle.
10. What is Ben Allen studying?
11. What do the Pickwickians see in Muggleton?
(a) A futbol game.
(b) A cricket match.
(c) A boxing match.
(d) A wrestling tounament.
12. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
(a) It is cancelled.
(b) He surrenders.
(c) He begs for forgiveness.
(d) The challenger does not show up.
13. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Susan is Sam's step-mother.
(c) They are half-siblings.
(d) Susan in Sam's aunt.
14. What are the two political parties at the election?
(a) The Blues and the Bluffs.
(b) The Bergs and the Bluffs.
(c) The Meadows and the Plains.
(d) The Greens and the Grays.
15. When does Isabella Wardle get married?
(a) New Years.
(d) All Hallows Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pickwick meet Peter Magnus?
2. Who catches Tupman kissing Rachael?
3. What is Mrs. Bardell suing Pickwick for?
4. Who was courting the woman the stranger gains the affection of?
5. What is Jemmy's nickname?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)