Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was courting the woman the stranger gains the affection of?
(a) Mr. Skinner.
(b) Judge Stimmer.
(c) Constable Sanner.
(d) Dr. Slammer.
2. Who does Job Trotter plan to marry?
(a) A cook.
(b) A maid.
(c) A florist.
(d) A student.
3. How do the Pickwickians get to Mr. Wardle's property?
(a) They ride rented horses.
(b) They walk.
(c) They take a ferry.
(d) They hire a chaise.
4. What does Blotton do that gets him expelled from the club?
(a) Says he intends to court Rachael.
(b) Interprets the markings on the stone.
(c) Criticizes a manuscript from Pickwick.
(d) Mocks Tupman's injury.
5. What is Tupman doing when the group finds him?
(b) Eating a large meal.
6. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's son?
7. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
(a) The challenger does not show up.
(b) It is cancelled.
(c) He surrenders.
(d) He begs for forgiveness.
8. Where does Pickwick find Jemmy contemplating suicide?
(a) A wooded clearing.
(b) A church.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A statue.
9. Who helps Pickwick get out of the boarding school?
(b) Mrs. Hunter.
(c) Sam Weller.
(d) Mrs. Barlow.
10. Who pays the rent at Mrs. Bardell's house for Pickwick?
11. How does Sam's father say Sam disgraced the family?
(a) Working as a servant.
(b) Keeping friends like Pickwick.
(c) Letting Trotter trick him.
(d) Not finishing school.
12. Who is Sam's mother involved with?
(a) Reverend Stiggins.
(b) Parson Higgins.
(c) Father Griffin.
(d) Bishop Stiffin.
13. Where do the girls in the boarding school lock Pickwick?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) A wardrobe.
(c) A closet.
(d) A classroom.
14. Where is the inn where Peter Magnus proposes?
15. How does Pickwick hope to better mankind?
(a) Through literary messages.
(b) Through the spreading of wealth.
(c) Through Scientific discovery.
(d) Through the spread of religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the accusation against Winkle and Mrs. Potts worded?
2. What does Pickwick find when he returns to Manor Farm?
3. How does Pickwick choose who to root for in the election?
4. What sickness does Pickwick come down with after the incident at the boarding school?
5. What is Mrs. Bardell suing Pickwick for?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)