|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the club decide to broaden their horizons?
(a) A borrowing library.
(b) A study internship.
(c) A traveling club.
(d) A research facility.
2. Where is the first stop on Pickwick's trip with his friends?
3. Whose land does Pickwick fall asleep on while hunting?
(a) Admiral Bounty's.
(b) Lieutenant Baller's.
(c) Captain Boldwig's.
(d) Sergeant Bolling's.
4. Where is Winkle accused of romancing Mrs. Potts?
(a) A book.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A billboard.
(d) A magazine.
5. What is Mrs. Bardell's occupation?
(a) House maid.
(c) Land lady.
6. Who marries Isabella Wardle?
(a) Mr. Winkle.
(b) Mr. Trundle.
(c) Mr. Jingle.
(d) Mr. Snodgrass.
7. Where does the group find Tupman?
(a) In Cobham.
(b) In Rochester.
(c) By the bridge.
(d) Near the river.
8. Why does Sam take two days leave from Pickwick's service?
(a) To visit his aunt.
(b) To go on a day trip.
(c) To pay off a debt.
(d) To visit his father.
9. What are the two political parties at the election?
(a) The Meadows and the Plains.
(b) The Greens and the Grays.
(c) The Bergs and the Bluffs.
(d) The Blues and the Bluffs.
10. What does Peter Magnus do when he finds out Pickwick and his fiance have already met?
(a) Challenges him to a duel.
(b) Forces Pickwick out of the Inn.
(c) Laughs heartily.
(d) Runs away crying.
11. Where does Pickwick meet Peter Magnus?
(a) The train station.
(b) The cafe.
(c) The coach.
(d) The Inn.
12. How does Pickwick travel to meet his other friends before their trip?
(a) He takes a cab.
(b) He rides a horse.
(c) He takes the train.
(d) He walks.
13. Why does the man in the parson's manuscript go crazy?
(a) His daughter is murdered.
(b) His brother gets the inheritance that was due to him.
(c) He gets a severe fever.
(d) The woman he loves is in love with someone else.
14. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) Some money.
(c) Some interesting documents.
(d) A map.
15. Where is Pickwick sent when he falls asleep while hunting?
(a) The animal pound.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The prison.
(d) The insane asylum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the inn where Peter Magnus proposes?
2. How does Pickwick choose who to root for in the election?
3. What do the Pickwickians hunt on Mr. Wardle's property?
4. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
5. Where is Isabella getting married?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)