|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Winkle accused of romancing Mrs. Potts?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A book.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A billboard.
2. What does Blotton do that gets him expelled from the club?
(a) Mocks Tupman's injury.
(b) Criticizes a manuscript from Pickwick.
(c) Interprets the markings on the stone.
(d) Says he intends to court Rachael.
3. Who marries Isabella Wardle?
(a) Mr. Jingle.
(b) Mr. Trundle.
(c) Mr. Winkle.
(d) Mr. Snodgrass.
4. Who does Pickwick lecture to after hearing about the accusations against Winkle?
(a) Mrs. Potts.
(d) Mr. Potts.
5. Where is the inn where Peter Magnus proposes?
6. What meal is served at the event Mrs. Hunter invites the Pickwickians to?
7. Who wrote "Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Pond"?
(a) Augustus Snodgrass.
(b) Tracy Tupman.
(c) Nathaniel Winkle.
(d) Samuel Pickwick.
8. Who does Winkle begin a romance with over the Christmas holiday?
9. What is "The Convict's Return"?
(a) An essay.
(b) A poem.
(c) A paper.
(d) A novel.
10. Where does Pickwick find Jemmy contemplating suicide?
(a) A statue.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A wooded clearing.
(d) A church.
11. Who was courting the woman the stranger gains the affection of?
(a) Mr. Skinner.
(b) Judge Stimmer.
(c) Dr. Slammer.
(d) Constable Sanner.
12. Who helps Pickwick get out of the boarding school?
(b) Mrs. Hunter.
(c) Sam Weller.
(d) Mrs. Barlow.
13. What is observed in the paper about Hampstead Pond?
(b) A constellation.
(c) Apple trees.
(d) Fruit flies.
14. Why does the man in the parson's manuscript go crazy?
(a) The woman he loves is in love with someone else.
(b) His daughter is murdered.
(c) He gets a severe fever.
(d) His brother gets the inheritance that was due to him.
15. How did Pickwick first meet the fiance of Peter Magnus?
(a) They had met at a ball.
(b) He walked into her room the night before.
(c) She once courted one of his friends.
(d) They went to school together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's son?
2. What are Bob and Ben discussion over breakfast when Winkle meets them?
3. When does Isabella Wardle get married?
4. How is the accusation against Winkle and Mrs. Potts worded?
5. What causes Pickwick to enter a boarding school?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)