|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Pickwick to enter a boarding school?
(a) He is meeting the girl Jingle plans to elope with.
(b) He gets cold.
(c) He thinks it is a church.
(d) He is looking for evidence of the governess's wealth.
2. Who is Sam's mother involved with?
(a) Bishop Stiffin.
(b) Father Griffin.
(c) Reverend Stiggins.
(d) Parson Higgins.
3. What does Peter Magnus hope to do the night he meets Pickwick?
(a) Propose to his love.
(b) Meet his father.
(c) Get a large inheritance.
(d) Sell his last manuscripts.
4. What does Pickwick find when he returns to Manor Farm?
(a) A suicide letter from Tupman.
(b) An emtpy bed where Tupman should have been.
(c) A letter from Jingle.
(d) The manuscript from Jemmy.
5. How is the accusation against Winkle and Mrs. Potts worded?
(a) A story.
(b) A poem.
(c) A limerick.
(d) A headline.
6. Who does Job Trotter plan to marry?
(a) A cook.
(b) A student.
(c) A florist.
(d) A maid.
7. Who does Winkle begin a romance with over the Christmas holiday?
8. What did the goblins in Mr. Wardle's story steal?
(a) A baby.
(b) A sexton.
(c) A tree.
(d) A whole house.
9. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel?
(a) He lent his coat.
(b) He flirted with an engaged woman.
(c) He said something rude.
(d) He made a crude gesture.
10. What is "The Convict's Return"?
(a) A poem.
(b) An essay.
(c) A paper.
(d) A novel.
11. What does Pickwick hire Sam Wellers to do?
(a) Write down his manuscripts.
(b) See to his financial affairs.
(c) Be his personal servant.
(d) Find a new place to live.
12. Where does Pickwick find Jemmy contemplating suicide?
(a) A statue.
(b) A church.
(c) A wooded clearing.
(d) A bridge.
13. What sickness does Pickwick come down with after the incident at the boarding school?
14. What is Mrs. Bardell suing Pickwick for?
(a) Breach of promise.
(c) Late payments.
15. Where does the group find Tupman?
(a) In Cobham.
(b) By the bridge.
(c) In Rochester.
(d) Near the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the girls in the boarding school lock Pickwick?
2. Who marries Isabella Wardle?
3. How does Sam's father say Sam disgraced the family?
4. Who makes a derogatory statement at the first club meeting in the book?
5. What makes Pickwick fall asleep while hunting?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)