|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is job Trotter planning to marry a woman?
(a) For her money.
(b) Her father will pay him.
(c) Her mother is rich.
(d) He loves her.
2. Who does Pickwick lecture to after hearing about the accusations against Winkle?
(a) Mr. Potts.
(b) Mrs. Potts.
3. Where is the first stop on Pickwick's trip with his friends?
4. What do the people in the club attend on the first night of their trip?
(a) The elections.
(b) A ball.
(c) The theater.
(d) A horse race.
5. What meal is served at the event Mrs. Hunter invites the Pickwickians to?
6. What is Tupman doing when the group finds him?
(a) Eating a large meal.
7. What does Mrs. Bardell do when she thinks Pickwick is proposing to her?
8. What does Sam think Pickwick has been doing when he sees Pickwick in the hall of the inn?
(a) Seducing ladies.
(b) Drinking too much.
(c) Badgering Peter Magnus.
(d) Sleep walking.
9. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
(a) They are half-siblings.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Susan in Sam's aunt.
(d) Susan is Sam's step-mother.
10. What does Mr. Jingle call himself at Mrs. Hunter's event?
(a) Mr. Freshman.
(b) Mr. Fitzsimmons.
(c) Mr. Flashman.
(d) Mr. Fitzmarshall.
11. Why does Sam take two days leave from Pickwick's service?
(a) To visit his father.
(b) To go on a day trip.
(c) To visit his aunt.
(d) To pay off a debt.
12. Who catches Tupman kissing Rachael?
(a) Joe the Fat Boy.
(b) Mary the Gossip.
(c) John the Parson.
(d) Liza the Scullery Maid.
13. Where does Pickwick live when he moves out of Mrs. Bardell's house?
(a) Snodgrass's house.
(b) A shelter.
(c) An Inn.
(d) A hotel.
14. How does Sam's father say Sam disgraced the family?
(a) Letting Trotter trick him.
(b) Not finishing school.
(c) Working as a servant.
(d) Keeping friends like Pickwick.
15. What does Mrs. Hunter invite the Pickwickians to?
(a) A costume party.
(b) A ball.
(c) A lecture reading.
(d) A picnic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "The Convict's Return"?
2. What do the Pickwickians hunt on Mr. Wardle's property?
3. What is Alfred's last name?
4. What does Peter Magnus hope to do the night he meets Pickwick?
5. Who pays the rent at Mrs. Bardell's house for Pickwick?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)