|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "The Convict's Return"?
(a) A poem.
(b) A novel.
(c) A paper.
(d) An essay.
2. What was Pickwick wearing when he was seen in the hall of the inn by Sam?
(a) A robe.
(b) A night gown.
(d) A full suit.
3. What does Sam think Pickwick has been doing when he sees Pickwick in the hall of the inn?
(a) Badgering Peter Magnus.
(b) Drinking too much.
(c) Sleep walking.
(d) Seducing ladies.
4. What gains Tupman a reputation as a marksman?
(a) He accidentally shoots a partridge.
(b) He brags about past achievements.
(c) He does well in a contest.
(d) He shoots a whole flock of pheasants.
5. Why does the man in the parson's manuscript go crazy?
(a) He gets a severe fever.
(b) His daughter is murdered.
(c) His brother gets the inheritance that was due to him.
(d) The woman he loves is in love with someone else.
6. Why is Tupman challenged to a duel?
(a) He made a crude gesture.
(b) He lent his coat.
(c) He said something rude.
(d) He flirted with an engaged woman.
7. Where is Winkle accused of romancing Mrs. Potts?
(a) A billboard.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A book.
(d) A newspaper.
8. Why is job Trotter planning to marry a woman?
(a) Her mother is rich.
(b) He loves her.
(c) For her money.
(d) Her father will pay him.
9. How does Pickwick choose who to root for in the election?
(a) He sees which candidate is taller.
(b) He finds out which group the farmers like.
(c) He finds the loudest group.
(d) He reads the campaigns.
10. What does Pickwick hope to do at Bury St. Edmonds?
(a) Uncover Jingle's wealth.
(b) Expose Jingle.
(c) Get re-paid by Jingle.
(d) Find out Jingle's true identity.
11. What is the name of Sam's father?
12. What is Mrs. Bardell's occupation?
(a) House maid.
(c) Land lady.
13. What do the Pickwickians see in Muggleton?
(a) A futbol game.
(b) A boxing match.
(c) A cricket match.
(d) A wrestling tounament.
14. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
(a) Some money.
(b) A map.
(c) Some interesting documents.
(d) A manuscript.
15. Who does Jingle plan to elope with in Bury St. Edmonds?
(a) A boarding school girl.
(b) Mrs. Hunter.
(c) A governess at a boarding school.
(d) Pickwick's niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the girls in the boarding school lock Pickwick?
2. What is Bob Sawyer studying?
3. What is Jemmy's nickname?
4. What is Mrs. Bardell suing Pickwick for?
5. What is Ben Allen studying?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)