|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the goblins in Mr. Wardle's story steal?
(a) A tree.
(b) A sexton.
(c) A whole house.
(d) A baby.
2. What does Sam think Pickwick has been doing when he sees Pickwick in the hall of the inn?
(a) Badgering Peter Magnus.
(b) Drinking too much.
(c) Seducing ladies.
(d) Sleep walking.
3. What are Bob and Ben discussion over breakfast when Winkle meets them?
4. What does Mr. Jingle call himself at Mrs. Hunter's event?
(a) Mr. Fitzsimmons.
(b) Mr. Freshman.
(c) Mr. Fitzmarshall.
(d) Mr. Flashman.
5. Who catches Tupman kissing Rachael?
(a) Liza the Scullery Maid.
(b) Joe the Fat Boy.
(c) John the Parson.
(d) Mary the Gossip.
6. What is Job Trotter's occupation?
7. What causes Pickwick to enter a boarding school?
(a) He gets cold.
(b) He thinks it is a church.
(c) He is meeting the girl Jingle plans to elope with.
(d) He is looking for evidence of the governess's wealth.
8. Where does Pickwick find Jemmy contemplating suicide?
(a) A statue.
(b) A church.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A wooded clearing.
9. How does Pickwick hope to better mankind?
(a) Through the spreading of wealth.
(b) Through Scientific discovery.
(c) Through the spread of religion.
(d) Through literary messages.
10. What is Bob Sawyer studying?
11. Whose land does Pickwick fall asleep on while hunting?
(a) Lieutenant Baller's.
(b) Sergeant Bolling's.
(c) Captain Boldwig's.
(d) Admiral Bounty's.
12. What does Pickwick hope to do at Bury St. Edmonds?
(a) Uncover Jingle's wealth.
(b) Find out Jingle's true identity.
(c) Expose Jingle.
(d) Get re-paid by Jingle.
13. Where do the girls in the boarding school lock Pickwick?
(a) A wardrobe.
(b) A classroom.
(c) A closet.
(d) The kitchen.
14. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's son?
15. What does Peter Magnus do when he finds out Pickwick and his fiance have already met?
(a) Forces Pickwick out of the Inn.
(b) Challenges him to a duel.
(c) Laughs heartily.
(d) Runs away crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marries Isabella Wardle?
2. What meal is served at the event Mrs. Hunter invites the Pickwickians to?
3. Who helps Pickwick get out of the boarding school?
4. Where is Isabella getting married?
5. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)