|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is observed in the paper about Hampstead Pond?
(a) Fruit flies.
(b) A constellation.
(c) Apple trees.
2. Why does Tony say he puts up with the Reverend?
(a) He wants the blessings.
(b) He likes the stories.
(c) It brings him and his wife closer.
(d) It is part of marriage.
3. What does Pickwick find when he returns to Manor Farm?
(a) A letter from Jingle.
(b) A suicide letter from Tupman.
(c) An emtpy bed where Tupman should have been.
(d) The manuscript from Jemmy.
4. What does Pickwick hope to do at Bury St. Edmonds?
(a) Expose Jingle.
(b) Get re-paid by Jingle.
(c) Find out Jingle's true identity.
(d) Uncover Jingle's wealth.
5. How does Sam's father say Sam disgraced the family?
(a) Working as a servant.
(b) Letting Trotter trick him.
(c) Keeping friends like Pickwick.
(d) Not finishing school.
6. How does Pickwick hope to better mankind?
(a) Through the spread of religion.
(b) Through Scientific discovery.
(c) Through the spreading of wealth.
(d) Through literary messages.
7. What does Alfred say to Mr. Wardle about Tupman?
(a) He is greedy.
(b) He is unintelligent.
(c) He is very skeptical.
(d) He is not faithful.
8. What is Ben Allen studying?
9. How did Pickwick first meet the fiance of Peter Magnus?
(a) They had met at a ball.
(b) He walked into her room the night before.
(c) She once courted one of his friends.
(d) They went to school together.
10. What sickness does Pickwick come down with after the incident at the boarding school?
11. What was Pickwick wearing when he was seen in the hall of the inn by Sam?
(b) A night gown.
(c) A full suit.
(d) A robe.
12. Who helps Pickwick get out of the boarding school?
(a) Mrs. Barlow.
(b) Sam Weller.
(c) Mrs. Hunter.
13. Where does the group find Tupman?
(a) By the bridge.
(b) In Cobham.
(c) In Rochester.
(d) Near the river.
14. How much money does Alfred borrow from Tupman?
(a) Ten Shillings.
(b) Five Shillings.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Five Pounds.
15. What is Jemmy's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Hunter's husband's name?
2. Who catches Tupman kissing Rachael?
3. Who wrote "Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Pond"?
4. Who does Job Trotter plan to marry?
5. Where does Pickwick meet Peter Magnus?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)