|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is observed in the paper about Hampstead Pond?
(a) A constellation.
(b) Fruit flies.
(d) Apple trees.
2. How did Pickwick first meet the fiance of Peter Magnus?
(a) They had met at a ball.
(b) He walked into her room the night before.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) She once courted one of his friends.
3. Who was courting the woman the stranger gains the affection of?
(a) Constable Sanner.
(b) Judge Stimmer.
(c) Dr. Slammer.
(d) Mr. Skinner.
4. What do the people in the club attend on the first night of their trip?
(a) A horse race.
(b) A ball.
(c) The theater.
(d) The elections.
5. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's son?
6. Who meets the Pickwickians in Muggleton?
7. Why does Tony say he puts up with the Reverend?
(a) It is part of marriage.
(b) He likes the stories.
(c) It brings him and his wife closer.
(d) He wants the blessings.
8. What does Mr. Jingle call himself at Mrs. Hunter's event?
(a) Mr. Fitzsimmons.
(b) Mr. Freshman.
(c) Mr. Flashman.
(d) Mr. Fitzmarshall.
9. What do Tupman and Pickwick argue about before attending Mrs. Hunter's event?
(a) Their gifts fr the hostess.
(b) Their hair styles.
(c) Their costumes.
(d) Their bow ties.
10. Where is Winkle accused of romancing Mrs. Potts?
(a) A book.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A billboard.
11. What is Mrs. Bardell suing Pickwick for?
(b) Breach of promise.
(c) Late payments.
12. Who helps Pickwick get out of the boarding school?
(a) Mrs. Barlow.
(b) Mrs. Hunter.
(c) Sam Weller.
13. Who pays the rent at Mrs. Bardell's house for Pickwick?
14. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) Some interesting documents.
(c) A map.
(d) Some money.
15. Who makes a derogatory statement at the first club meeting in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the inn where Peter Magnus proposes?
2. Who wrote "Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Pond"?
3. What was Pickwick wearing when he was seen in the hall of the inn by Sam?
4. When does Isabella Wardle get married?
5. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)