|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sam's mother involved with?
(a) Reverend Stiggins.
(b) Parson Higgins.
(c) Father Griffin.
(d) Bishop Stiffin.
2. What sickness does Pickwick come down with after the incident at the boarding school?
3. How do the Pickwickians get to Mr. Wardle's property?
(a) They ride rented horses.
(b) They hire a chaise.
(c) They take a ferry.
(d) They walk.
4. Who does Winkle begin a romance with over the Christmas holiday?
5. What is Job Trotter's occupation?
6. What does Pickwick hire Sam Wellers to do?
(a) Be his personal servant.
(b) Write down his manuscripts.
(c) Find a new place to live.
(d) See to his financial affairs.
7. What are Bob and Ben discussion over breakfast when Winkle meets them?
8. What is "The Convict's Return"?
(a) A novel.
(b) An essay.
(c) A poem.
(d) A paper.
9. Where does the group find Tupman?
(a) By the bridge.
(b) In Rochester.
(c) Near the river.
(d) In Cobham.
10. What do the Pickwickians hunt on Mr. Wardle's property?
11. What does Peter Magnus hope to do the night he meets Pickwick?
(a) Sell his last manuscripts.
(b) Get a large inheritance.
(c) Propose to his love.
(d) Meet his father.
12. What is observed in the paper about Hampstead Pond?
(a) A constellation.
(b) Apple trees.
(c) Fruit flies.
13. How does Pickwick hope to better mankind?
(a) Through literary messages.
(b) Through the spreading of wealth.
(c) Through the spread of religion.
(d) Through Scientific discovery.
14. What does Mrs. Hunter invite the Pickwickians to?
(a) A lecture reading.
(b) A ball.
(c) A costume party.
(d) A picnic.
15. Why does Sam take two days leave from Pickwick's service?
(a) To visit his aunt.
(b) To pay off a debt.
(c) To go on a day trip.
(d) To visit his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sam's father?
2. What do Tupman and Pickwick argue about before attending Mrs. Hunter's event?
3. What does Peter Magnus do when he finds out Pickwick and his fiance have already met?
4. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's son?
5. What does Pickwick find when he returns to Manor Farm?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)