|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jemmy's nickname?
2. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's son?
3. Who is Sam's mother involved with?
(a) Bishop Stiffin.
(b) Reverend Stiggins.
(c) Parson Higgins.
(d) Father Griffin.
4. Who does Jingle plan to elope with in Bury St. Edmonds?
(a) Mrs. Hunter.
(b) A governess at a boarding school.
(c) Pickwick's niece.
(d) A boarding school girl.
5. What sickness does Pickwick come down with after the incident at the boarding school?
6. What causes Pickwick to enter a boarding school?
(a) He gets cold.
(b) He is meeting the girl Jingle plans to elope with.
(c) He is looking for evidence of the governess's wealth.
(d) He thinks it is a church.
7. How does Pickwick travel to meet his other friends before their trip?
(a) He rides a horse.
(b) He walks.
(c) He takes a cab.
(d) He takes the train.
8. How does Pickwick choose who to root for in the election?
(a) He finds out which group the farmers like.
(b) He finds the loudest group.
(c) He sees which candidate is taller.
(d) He reads the campaigns.
9. What does Mrs. Hunter invite the Pickwickians to?
(a) A costume party.
(b) A ball.
(c) A lecture reading.
(d) A picnic.
10. Who pays the rent at Mrs. Bardell's house for Pickwick?
11. What does Mr. Jingle call himself at Mrs. Hunter's event?
(a) Mr. Fitzmarshall.
(b) Mr. Fitzsimmons.
(c) Mr. Freshman.
(d) Mr. Flashman.
12. Where is the inn where Peter Magnus proposes?
13. What did the goblins in Mr. Wardle's story steal?
(a) A whole house.
(b) A sexton.
(c) A tree.
(d) A baby.
14. Who does Pickwick lecture to after hearing about the accusations against Winkle?
(b) Mr. Potts.
(d) Mrs. Potts.
15. Who does Winkle begin a romance with over the Christmas holiday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Pickwick wearing when he was seen in the hall of the inn by Sam?
2. Where is the first stop on Pickwick's trip with his friends?
3. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
4. What gains Tupman a reputation as a marksman?
5. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)