|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was courting the woman the stranger gains the affection of?
(a) Mr. Skinner.
(b) Judge Stimmer.
(c) Dr. Slammer.
(d) Constable Sanner.
2. Why does Sam take two days leave from Pickwick's service?
(a) To visit his father.
(b) To pay off a debt.
(c) To visit his aunt.
(d) To go on a day trip.
3. What is Dodson's occupation?
4. How is the accusation against Winkle and Mrs. Potts worded?
(a) A limerick.
(b) A story.
(c) A poem.
(d) A headline.
5. Where do the girls in the boarding school lock Pickwick?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) A closet.
(c) A wardrobe.
(d) A classroom.
6. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
(a) It is cancelled.
(b) The challenger does not show up.
(c) He surrenders.
(d) He begs for forgiveness.
7. What makes Pickwick fall asleep while hunting?
(a) He gets an injury.
(b) He is still revoering from his illness.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He slept little the day before.
8. Who helps Pickwick get out of the boarding school?
(b) Sam Weller.
(c) Mrs. Barlow.
(d) Mrs. Hunter.
9. What is Bob Sawyer studying?
10. How does Sam's father say Sam disgraced the family?
(a) Not finishing school.
(b) Keeping friends like Pickwick.
(c) Letting Trotter trick him.
(d) Working as a servant.
11. What is the name of Sam's father?
12. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
(a) Susan in Sam's aunt.
(b) They are half-siblings.
(c) Susan is Sam's step-mother.
(d) They are cousins.
13. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
(a) Some interesting documents.
(b) A map.
(c) A manuscript.
(d) Some money.
14. What is Alfred's last name?
15. What does Alfred say to Mr. Wardle about Tupman?
(a) He is very skeptical.
(b) He is not faithful.
(c) He is unintelligent.
(d) He is greedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam think Pickwick has been doing when he sees Pickwick in the hall of the inn?
2. Who meets the Pickwickians in Muggleton?
3. How do the Pickwickians get to Mr. Wardle's property?
4. Who is Sam's mother involved with?
5. Who does Winkle begin a romance with over the Christmas holiday?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)