|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pickwick sent when he falls asleep while hunting?
(a) The animal pound.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The prison.
(d) The insane asylum.
2. What does Blotton do that gets him expelled from the club?
(a) Criticizes a manuscript from Pickwick.
(b) Interprets the markings on the stone.
(c) Says he intends to court Rachael.
(d) Mocks Tupman's injury.
3. What is Alfred's last name?
4. What was Pickwick wearing when he was seen in the hall of the inn by Sam?
(b) A robe.
(c) A night gown.
(d) A full suit.
5. What makes Pickwick fall asleep while hunting?
(a) He slept little the day before.
(b) He gets an injury.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He is still revoering from his illness.
6. How much money does Alfred borrow from Tupman?
(a) Five Shillings.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Five Pounds.
(d) Ten Shillings.
7. What did the goblins in Mr. Wardle's story steal?
(a) A tree.
(b) A sexton.
(c) A whole house.
(d) A baby.
8. How is the accusation against Winkle and Mrs. Potts worded?
(a) A story.
(b) A poem.
(c) A headline.
(d) A limerick.
9. Who wrote "Speculations on the Source of the Hampstead Pond"?
(a) Augustus Snodgrass.
(b) Tracy Tupman.
(c) Nathaniel Winkle.
(d) Samuel Pickwick.
10. What is Ben Allen studying?
11. Who does Winkle begin a romance with over the Christmas holiday?
12. What sickness does Pickwick come down with after the incident at the boarding school?
13. What do Tupman and Pickwick argue about before attending Mrs. Hunter's event?
(a) Their costumes.
(b) Their bow ties.
(c) Their gifts fr the hostess.
(d) Their hair styles.
14. What does Peter Magnus hope to do the night he meets Pickwick?
(a) Meet his father.
(b) Get a large inheritance.
(c) Sell his last manuscripts.
(d) Propose to his love.
15. What does Mrs. Hunter invite the Pickwickians to?
(a) A costume party.
(b) A ball.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A lecture reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Susan and Sam Weller related?
2. What is Bob Sawyer studying?
3. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
4. Who does Job Trotter plan to marry?
5. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's son?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)