|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is observed in the paper about Hampstead Pond?
(b) A constellation.
(c) Apple trees.
(d) Fruit flies.
2. What does Pickwick hire Sam Wellers to do?
(a) See to his financial affairs.
(b) Write down his manuscripts.
(c) Be his personal servant.
(d) Find a new place to live.
3. Why does the man in the parson's manuscript go crazy?
(a) He gets a severe fever.
(b) The woman he loves is in love with someone else.
(c) His daughter is murdered.
(d) His brother gets the inheritance that was due to him.
4. Where does the group find Tupman?
(a) In Rochester.
(b) In Cobham.
(c) By the bridge.
(d) Near the river.
5. How does Pickwick hope to better mankind?
(a) Through Scientific discovery.
(b) Through literary messages.
(c) Through the spreading of wealth.
(d) Through the spread of religion.
6. What is the name of Mrs. Bardell's son?
7. Where does Pickwick find Jemmy contemplating suicide?
(a) A church.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A statue.
(d) A wooded clearing.
8. What is Mrs. Bardell suing Pickwick for?
(b) Late payments.
(d) Breach of promise.
9. What is Job Trotter's occupation?
10. When does Isabella Wardle get married?
(a) New Years.
(d) All Hallows Eve.
11. What does Pickwick find when he returns to Manor Farm?
(a) An emtpy bed where Tupman should have been.
(b) A letter from Jingle.
(c) The manuscript from Jemmy.
(d) A suicide letter from Tupman.
12. How does Sam's father say Sam disgraced the family?
(a) Working as a servant.
(b) Not finishing school.
(c) Letting Trotter trick him.
(d) Keeping friends like Pickwick.
13. What does Mr. Jingle call himself at Mrs. Hunter's event?
(a) Mr. Fitzsimmons.
(b) Mr. Fitzmarshall.
(c) Mr. Freshman.
(d) Mr. Flashman.
14. Who does Job Trotter plan to marry?
(a) A student.
(b) A florist.
(c) A maid.
(d) A cook.
15. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
(a) A map.
(b) A manuscript.
(c) Some interesting documents.
(d) Some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was courting the woman the stranger gains the affection of?
2. Why does Sam take two days leave from Pickwick's service?
3. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
4. Where do the girls in the boarding school lock Pickwick?
5. Who marries Isabella Wardle?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)