|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section X, ch. 38-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alfred say to Mr. Wardle about Tupman?
(a) He is greedy.
(b) He is unintelligent.
(c) He is very skeptical.
(d) He is not faithful.
2. What does Blotton do that gets him expelled from the club?
(a) Criticizes a manuscript from Pickwick.
(b) Says he intends to court Rachael.
(c) Mocks Tupman's injury.
(d) Interprets the markings on the stone.
3. What happens when Tupman arrives for his duel?
(a) The challenger does not show up.
(b) He begs for forgiveness.
(c) He surrenders.
(d) It is cancelled.
4. What does Pickwick hope to do at Bury St. Edmonds?
(a) Uncover Jingle's wealth.
(b) Find out Jingle's true identity.
(c) Get re-paid by Jingle.
(d) Expose Jingle.
5. What does Jemmy promise to send Pickwick after he talks him out of killing himself?
(a) Some interesting documents.
(b) A map.
(c) A manuscript.
(d) Some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pickwick hire Sam Wellers to do?
2. How does Pickwick travel to meet his other friends before their trip?
3. Why does the man in the parson's manuscript go crazy?
4. What does Sam think Pickwick has been doing when he sees Pickwick in the hall of the inn?
5. Who does Jingle plan to elope with in Bury St. Edmonds?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)