Section I, ch. 1-4
• The Pickwickians have a meeting where Samuel Pickwick reads his new paper. They decide to expand their knowledge by making a travel group.
• Blotton says something rude but it is forgiven when he says he meant it in a Pickwickian way.
• On his way to the travel group, Pickwick takes notes about his cabbie. The cabbie gets suspicious and sends a mob to follow him.
• The group goes to Rochester where they meet a stranger and attend a ball. Tupman's coat is loaned to the stranger.
• The stranger gains admiration of a widow that Dr. Slammer was courting. The next morning, Tupman is challenged to a duel because he was wearing the coat the stranger was.
• Dr. Slammer notices Tupman is the wrong man, and the duel is canceled. They go to a pub where the stranger's friend tells a funny story.
• Dr. Slammer...
This section contains 2,544 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)