Short Answer Questions Key
1. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
He lives with her.
2. Where is The Possessed set?
In the Russian provinces.
3. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's employment?
He tutors Mrs. Stavrogin's son.
4. What is Verkhovensky's status in Moscow and St. Petersburg society?
He is not respected.
5. What are Verkhovensky's political views?
He is afraid of the government, but likes to be seen as liberal.
6. Who is Liputin?
A liberal official.
This section contains 5,502 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)