Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 9, Stepan Verkhovensky is Raided and Chapter 10, Filibusters, A Fateful Morning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the narrator have for visiting Lembke?
(a) He wants to know why he is being searched.
(b) He wants to arrange to get out of the country.
(c) He wants to testify against Peter Verkhovensky.
(d) He wants to prevent Stepan Verkhovensky from doing anything silly.
2. What do the police take from Peter Verkhovensky's house?
(a) Papers and books.
(c) Radical anarchists.
3. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
(a) An uprising.
(b) Marry Mary Lebyatkin.
(c) To kill Shatov and Liputin.
(d) To leave for Moscow.
4. Why has Gaganov been insulting Stavrogin?
(a) Stavrogin has seduced Gaganov's wife.
(b) Gaganov has a temperamental hostility to Stavrogin.
(c) Stavrogin has insulted Gaganov's father years ago.
(d) Stavrogin has corrupted Gaganov's sister.
5. What does Stavrogin tell Peter he is planning to do?
(a) Propose to Lisa Tushin.
(b) Leave for Paris.
(c) Divorce Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) Start an uprising.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
2. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
3. Who is Kirilov?
4. What does Lisa Tushin challenge Stavrogin to do?
5. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)