Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 5, Before the Fête and Chapter 6, Peter Verkhovensky is Busy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the youth of the town behaving at the time of the fête?
(a) They are wildly enthusiastic about the upcoming elections.
(b) They are dutifully enlisting for the military.
(c) They are collecting money for the poor.
(d) They are running wild.
2. What are the terms under which Stepan departs Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) She will give him a little money.
(b) He can return any time he likes.
(c) She will not give him anything.
(d) She will still pay him an allowance.
3. Who arrives when Peter has just finished relating the story of Nicholas' devotion to Miss Lebyatkin?
(c) Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) Mrs. Stavrogin.
4. What is Peter planning throughout Part II of The Possessed?
(a) To leave for Moscow.
(b) To kill Shatov and Liputin.
(c) Marry Mary Lebyatkin.
(d) An uprising.
5. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
(a) The Captain spent it on drink.
(b) The Captain left Mary alone and went to Moscow.
(c) The Captain got Mary the medication she needed.
(d) The Captain got a house for himself and his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Stavrogin invite into the conversation that starts Chapter 5?
2. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
3. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
4. What event results in an investigation that discovers radical literature?
5. What happens on Stavrogin's third shot?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)