Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 3, The Duel and Chapter 4, All Agog.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Lembke's professional background?
(a) He was a novelist before he became a lawyer.
(b) He was a lawyer before becoming a politician.
(c) He wrote a novel that was rejected by a magazine.
(d) He was a soldier before entering the government.
2. What injury is inflicted during the duel?
(a) Stavrogin kills Gaganov.
(b) Gaganov seriously wounds Stavrogin.
(c) No injuries are inflicted.
(d) Stavrogin is wounded on the finger.
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin answer his mother's question?
(a) He does not answer.
(b) He answers her with a question about her own plans.
(c) He answers yes.
(d) He says no.
4. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
(a) Whether Dasha was really seduced in Switzerland.
(b) Whether his father taught Nicholas Stavrogin how to treat women
(c) Whether he wants him to save his father from Dasha.
(d) Whether he really intends to get Mrs. Stavrogin's money.
5. Who else arrives in Chapter 5 and takes part in Mrs. Stavrogin's conversation?
(a) Shatov and Liputin.
(b) Stepan Verkhovensky and Lisa Tushin.
(c) Mary Lebyatkin and Mrs. Drozdov.
(d) Peter Verkhovensky and Captain Lebyatkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lebyatkin live with?
2. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
3. How does Nicholas Stavrogin react to his demotion?
4. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
5. How does Stavrogin respond to Kirilov's belief?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)