|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 3, Another Man's Sins and Chapter 4, The Cripple.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lisa approach Shatov?
(a) She wants him to write a letter to her son.
(b) She wants him to join a business venture.
(c) She wants him to lend her money.
(d) She wants him to find her a husband.
2. What was Captain Lebyatkin's relationship with Nicholas Stavrogin in Moscow?
(a) Leybatkin introduced Nicholas to Dasha.
(b) It is not clear what their relationship was.
(c) Nicholas owed Lebyatkin money from gambling.
(d) They were in the military together.
3. How does the Verkhovensky circle feel about Nicholas Stavrogin?
(a) They admire his charisma.
(b) They are afraid of his temper.
(c) They mock him for his pretentiousness.
(d) They are impressed with his wealth.
4. Who is on his way to visit at the end of the second chapter?
(a) Stavrogin's father.
(b) Verkhovensky's son.
(c) Verkhovensky's father.
(d) Shatov's father.
5. Why is Nicholas Stavrogin demoted?
(a) Because of insubordination.
(b) Because he stole from another officer.
(c) Because he fought a duel.
(d) Because of his gambling debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas Stavrogin kill a man?
2. What is Stepan Verkhovensky's relationship with Mrs. Stavrogin?
3. Who is Liputin?
4. What is Nicholas Stavrogin like as a military officer?
5. What does Stepan ask Liputin about at their meeting?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)