Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Chapter 7, At Virginsky's and Chapter 8, Ivan the Crown-Prince.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stavrogin catches up with Peter, what does Peter suggest to him?
(a) That the police have been watching him.
(b) That the flood in the mine was planned.
(c) That Lebyatkin plans to blackmail Stavrogin.
(d) That Shatov is plotting against him.
2. Which one of these characters is NOT in Peter's secret group?
3. What is Peter predicting in the time after the confrontation at Mrs. Stavrogin's house?
(a) That Nicholas will be killed.
(b) That Nicholas will kill Shatov.
(c) That he will bomb a prominent government location.
(d) That he will incite riots and protests.
4. Why does Stavrogin plan to duel Gaganov?
(a) Gaganov had threatened to evict Mrs. Stavrogin from her estate.
(b) Gaganov had threatened to take Mary Lebyatkin away from Stavrogin.
(c) Gaganov had been insulting Stavrogin.
(d) Gaganov's father had been an enemy of Stavrogin's father's.
5. Who has been in hiding for the week after the confrontations at Mrs. Stavrogin's?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin and his sister.
(b) Shatov and Nicholas Stavrogin.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the money that Nicholas gives to Captain Lebyatkin for Mary?
2. What is Stepan Verkhovensky agitated about at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What is Captain Lebyatkin's reputation?
4. What did Nicholas think of Mary Lebyatkin after he got to know her?
5. How are Mrs. Stavrogin's views changing as time goes on?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)