One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Chapter 1, The Fête, Part One and Chapter 2, The End of The Fête.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of speech does Stepan Verkhovensky give?
(a) An attack on materialism.
(b) A jeremiad against the people themselves.
(c) A defense of high culture.
(d) A justification of revolutionary acts.
2. Who is on the stage when Karminazov goes to speak?
(a) Stepan Verkhovensky.
(b) Captain Lebyatkin.
3. In whose house is Peter spreading rumors in the days before the fête?
(a) Captain Lebyatkin's.
(c) Mrs. Stavrogin's.
4. What causes Mrs. Stavrogin to separate with Stepan Verkhovensky?
(a) Peter's insults.
(b) Peter's antics about Dasha.
(c) Stepan's radical views.
(d) Stepan's unconscionable behavior.
5. Who will be speaking at Mrs. Lembke's fête?
(a) Peter Verhovensky.
(b) Karmazinov and Stepan Verkhovensky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who punches Nicholas Stavrogin in the face?
2. How does Chapter 5 begin?
3. Where did Nicholas meet Captain Lebyatkin?
4. What does Peter ask his father in front of the group?
5. What is Julia Lembke's hope for the children?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)