|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story "Arrangement in Black and White," what detail of the dinner party is the woman eager to share with her husband?
(a) That she called Walter Williams "Mister."
(b) That she got to meet the singer Walter Williams.
(c) That she got to meet Katherine Burke.
(d) That the party host was rude to her.
2. In the story "The Sexes," why is the girl upset with the young man?
(a) She thinks that he spent too much time with another girl the night before.
(b) He has just told her that he does not like her hat.
(c) He has arrived late for their date.
(d) He is trying to break off their relationship.
3. In the story "Mr. Durant," how long has it been since Mr. Durant first met Rose?
(a) About three weeks before the story begins.
(b) About six months before the story begins.
(c) About two years before the story begins.
(d) About three months before the story begins.
4. What is the "rotten news" that Mimi's husband brings with him?
(a) He wants to divorce her.
(b) His leave has been canceled, and he must be on the next train.
(c) He forgot all of his luggage at the train station.
(d) He has been discharged by the Air Force.
5. What does the young man offer to go out and get for the girl in the the story "The Sexes"?
(b) A pack of gum.
(d) A fashion magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Bain react to the news of her father's death?
2. For what are the Bains and Mrs. Whittaker waiting?
3. According to Mrs. Whittaker, why has the Old Gentleman left all of his money to her?
4. How does Midge change the rules of their game at the end of "The Standard of Living"?
5. What is Walter Williams' profession?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)