|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Standard of Living," what are Annabel's and Midge's occupations?
(a) Annabel is a teacher and Midge is a secretary.
(b) They are both nurses.
(c) Annabel is a nurse and Midge is a housewife.
(d) They are both stenographers.
2. At the end of the story "Arrangement in Black and White," what detail of the dinner party is the woman eager to share with her husband?
(a) That she got to meet the singer Walter Williams.
(b) That the party host was rude to her.
(c) That she got to meet Katherine Burke.
(d) That she called Walter Williams "Mister."
3. What kind of necklace do Annabel and Midge see in the window of the jewelry shop?
(a) A double strand, pearl nacklace with an emerald clasp.
(b) A solid-gold, herringbone chain with a jewel-encrusted pendant.
(c) A velvet choker with a ruby-studded cameo.
(d) A strand of black pearls with a diamond pendant.
4. For what are the Bains and Mrs. Whittaker waiting?
(a) The Old Gentleman's return.
(b) Their brother, Matt, to arrive.
(c) The Old Gentleman's doctor.
(d) The Old Gentleman's death.
5. How does Mr. Durant plan to get rid of the stray dog?
(a) He will drive it far away and drop it off in the middle of nowhere.
(b) After the children go to sleep, he is going to take it to the animal shelter.
(c) He is going to put it outside after the kids go to sleep and tell them it ran away.
(d) He will sneak it away to a man who will "dispose" of it for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Arrangement in Black and White," why is the woman at the dinner party relieved that she did not use the "n-word" in front of Walter Williams?
2. How long does Mimi have to prepare for her husband's leave?
3. What surprises the woman at the dinner party about Katherine Burke in the story "Arrangement in Black and White"?
4. In "The Standard of Living," what is the cost of the necklace in the window?
5. Who invented the rules for the game that Annabel and Midge play?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)