|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "rotten news" that Mimi's husband brings with him?
(a) He forgot all of his luggage at the train station.
(b) He wants to divorce her.
(c) He has been discharged by the Air Force.
(d) His leave has been canceled, and he must be on the next train.
2. What does the young man in "The Waltz" offer to do after the band stops playing?
(a) To walk the young woman home.
(b) To pay the band twenty dollars to play another song.
(c) To walk the young woman to the bus stop.
(d) To help bandage the young woman's shin.
3. In the story "Arrangement in Black and White," why is the woman at the dinner party relieved that she did not use the "n-word" in front of Walter Williams?
(a) She was afraid it would embarrass Mr. Williams.
(b) She was afraid she would embarrass her host.
(c) She was afraid that the other guests would be offended.
(d) She was afraid that Mr. Williams might have found it offensive.
4. How long has the Old Gentleman lived with the Bains?
(a) For about five years.
(b) For almost ten years.
(c) For about five months.
(d) Almost eight years.
5. How old is Mr. Durant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of necklace do Annabel and Midge see in the window of the jewelry shop?
2. In the story "The Sexes," why is the girl upset with the young man?
3. How long does Mimi have to prepare for her husband's leave?
4. According to Mrs. Whittaker, why has the Old Gentleman left all of his money to her?
5. How does Mrs. Bain react to the news of her father's death?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)