|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young man offer to go out and get for the girl in the the story "The Sexes"?
(c) A pack of gum.
(d) A fashion magazine.
2. What kind of necklace do Annabel and Midge see in the window of the jewelry shop?
(a) A double strand, pearl nacklace with an emerald clasp.
(b) A solid-gold, herringbone chain with a jewel-encrusted pendant.
(c) A strand of black pearls with a diamond pendant.
(d) A velvet choker with a ruby-studded cameo.
3. In "De Profundis," what kind of man does the narrator hope to find one day?
(a) One who will always remain faithful.
(b) One who can accept criticism from a woman.
(c) One who does not talk about all of the other women he has loved.
(d) One who respects her for her accomplishments and intelligence.
4. Who is Mrs. Corning?
(a) Mrs. Martindale's neighbor who is looking for help for a friend.
(b) The manager at headquarters who oversees the sewing work.
(c) The young girl whose sewing mistake was ridiculed in public.
(d) The only other faithful volunteer besides Mrs. Martindale.
5. In "The Leal," on what can the narrator rely?
(a) Her true friends will always be by her side.
(b) Her art will always be good company.
(c) Her enemies will be faithful to her until the day she dies.
(d) She has been true to herself even if she has offended some people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Durant react to Rose's announcement that she will not return and does not want to see him again?
2. What does Mrs. Wyman want when she calls Mrs. Martindale?
3. In the poem "Braggart," why does the narrator claim to be better off than her reader?
4. In the poem "False Friends," during what month does the narrator's heart heal?
5. How does the young man in "The Sexes" convince the girl that he is not interested in Florence Leaming?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)