|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mimi's husband most looking forward to during his short visit with her?
(a) A hot bath in a tub.
(b) A quiet conversation with his wife.
(c) A long, uninterrupted nap.
(d) A good home-cooked meal.
2. What does Mrs. Corning ask the volunteers at headquarters to do before they leave for vacation?
(a) To please return in September when the headquarters reopens.
(b) To take work with them to complete during their off time.
(c) To be sure to return all of their materials and tools.
(d) To finish whatever pieces they were working on before leaving.
3. What is the narrator's intent in the poem "Lullaby"?
(a) Quiet her lover so he will not ask about her betrayals.
(b) Sooth herself over a lost love.
(c) Put a fussy baby to sleep.
(d) Make a pretty woman fall asleep so that she can get the men herself.
4. What figure sits on the mantel in the Bains' living room?
(a) A wrought-iron crucifix.
(b) A carved elephant that seems to be pushing up against a tree.
(c) A trio of mermaids.
(d) A curly-headed peasant boy dangling his leg over the edge of the shelf.
5. What is the girl examining at the beginning of the story "The Sexes"?
(a) The design in the sofa pattern.
(b) Her finger nails.
(c) Her handkerchief.
(d) Her reflection in the mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Arrangement in Black and White," why is the woman at the dinner party relieved that she did not use the "n-word" in front of Walter Williams?
2. What surprises the woman at the dinner party about Katherine Burke in the story "Arrangement in Black and White"?
3. How long does Mimi have to prepare for her husband's leave?
4. What does Mrs. Wyman want when she calls Mrs. Martindale?
5. In the poem "Braggart," why does the narrator claim to be better off than her reader?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)