|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "I Shall Come Back," from where will the narrator return?
(a) From the grave.
(b) From her sorrow.
(c) From the dream of love.
(d) From the forest.
2. According to the poem "Indian Summer," how has the narrator changed since her youth?
(a) She is slower and attracts fewer admirers.
(b) She has learned to never trust a man.
(c) She is more worldy and attracts more lovers.
(d) She used to be whatever a man wanted, but now she is her own person.
3. What message does the poem "Men" convey?
(a) Men try to understand women, but they never will.
(b) Men are only interested in a woman's outward appearance.
(c) Men will claim to love a woman as she is, but then try to change her.
(d) Men may drive women crazy, but they still need each other.
4. What grade does the narrator give to a "passing fair" lady in the poem "Roundel"?
5. What is Mimi's husband most looking forward to during his short visit with her?
(a) A hot bath in a tub.
(b) A good home-cooked meal.
(c) A long, uninterrupted nap.
(d) A quiet conversation with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decided that the Old Gentleman should come to live with the Bains?
2. How does Mimi describe her husband's visit when her friend calls?
3. In "The White Lady," why does the narrator claim to hate the dead?
4. How long has the Old Gentleman lived with the Bains?
5. What "gift" does the narrator of "I Know I Have Been Happiest" offer to her former lover?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)