1. How long is Mimi's husband supposed to have for leave in the story "The Lovely Leave"?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
(b) Forty-eight hours.
(c) One week.
(d) A whole weekend.
2. How long does Mimi have to prepare for her husband's leave?
(a) A week.
(b) A whole weekend.
(c) Forty-eight hours.
(d) Twenty-four hours.
3. What color dress does Mimi buy for her husband's leave?
(c) Lemon yellow.
4. What is the "rotten news" that Mimi's husband brings with him?
(a) He forgot all of his luggage at the train station.
(b) He has been discharged by the Air Force.
(c) His leave has been canceled, and he must be on the next train.
(d) He wants to divorce her.
5. What is Mimi's husband most looking forward to during his short visit with her?
(a) A quiet conversation with his wife.
(b) A hot bath in a tub.
(c) A good home-cooked meal.
(d) A long, uninterrupted nap.
This section contains 6,471 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)