• In "The Lovely Leave," Mimi prepares for a visit from her husband, who is coming home on leave from the Air Force.
• Mimi's husband arrives and announces that his leave has been canceled, and he must leave on the next train.
• Mimi is upset and complains and cries during his entire visit.
• After her husband leaves, Mimi tells a friend that is was a lovely leave.
• In "Arrangement in Black and White," a wealthy white woman is introduced to a famous black musician at a dinner party.
• The woman insists throughout the story that she is not a bigot, but her dialogue reveals her prejudice.
• In "The Sexes," a woman and man sit on a sofa and argue.
• The man observes that the woman is upset, but she refuses to admit that she is, but continues to treat him coldly.
• She reveals that she is upset...
This section contains 2,466 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)