|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "I Have Given Fair Warning"?
(a) Philip Whalen.
(b) Diane DiPrima.
(c) Allen Ginsberg.
(d) Philip Lamantia.
2. With whom did Brenda Frazer travel to Mexico City in the 1960s?
(a) Jack Kerouac.
(b) William S. Hunter.
(c) Ray Bremser.
(d) Neal Cassady.
3. "1001 Ways to Beat the Draft" was originally a _____________.
(b) Visual art installment.
4. Who is the daughter of Jack Kerouac and wrote a book about her experiences?
(a) Josephine Kerouac.
(b) Jan Kerouac.
(c) Jessica Kerouac.
(d) Michelle Kerouac.
5. What Italian immigrants to America accused of anarchy are referred to in the poem "April Fool Birthday Poem for Grandpa"?
(a) Sacco and Vanzetti.
(b) Bacco and Minusi.
(c) Legari and Antoni.
(d) Ancini and Rossi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bob Kaufman born?
2. What was the name of Gary Snyder's father?
3. When was Philip Lamantia born?
4. "The Day Lady Died" is a description of everything O'Hara did the day who died?
5. Albion is another name for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What political allusions does Diane DiPrima make in "April Fool Birthday Poem for Grandpa"?
2. What works of John Wieners are included in the anthology? Where is he from?
3. What does Bukowski insinuate about Neal Cassady in "Notes of a Dirty Old Man"?
4. What did Ed Sanders experience after reading "Howl"?
5. Who is Amiri Baraka? What contributions of his are in the anthology?
6. Who is Philip Lamantia and what works of his are in the anthology?
7. What is the subject of "Kentucky Ham"?
8. What literary and political allusions are in "Sourdough Mountain Lookout"?
9. Who is Brenda Frazer? What is "Poem to Lee Forest" about?
10. What is the subject of "Hymna to Archilochus"?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)