|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Neal Cassady born?
(a) Los Angeles, NY.
(b) Salt Lake City, UT.
(c) Denver, CO.
(d) New York, NY.
2. When did the Six Gallery reading take place?
3. What excerpt of Gregory Corso's questions what it means to be Beat and if there is even such a thing?
(b) "Song of a Generation."
(d) "Variations on a Generation."
4. Who opened the City Lights Bookstore?
(a) Allen Ginsberg.
(b) John Clellon Holmes.
(c) Jack Kerouac.
(d) Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
5. Where did Allen Ginsberg move in the 1950s?
(a) San Francisco, CA.
(b) Big Sur, CA.
(c) Berkeley, CA.
(d) Sacramento, CA.
6. Where is the city of Rotterdam, cited in Corso's "Vision of Rotterdam"?
7. In what year did Allen Ginsberg meet Neal Cassady?
8. Where did Carl Soloman meet Allen Ginsberg?
(a) A mental institution.
(c) An art opening.
(d) A zoo.
9. Who is the character Japhy Ryder is based on in "The Dharma Bums"?
(a) Cody Pomeray.
(b) Jack Duluoz.
(c) Gary Sneider.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
10. What is Allen Ginsberg's most famous work?
11. In what year did Neal Cassady die?
12. Where did the Six Gallery reading take place?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
13. Who conceived the Six Gallery reading?
(a) Allen Ginsberg.
(b) Floyd Williams.
(c) Wally Hedrick.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
14. What business did Neal Cassady's father open in Los Angeles, CA?
(b) Candy Store.
(d) Convenience Store.
15. What is Jack Kerouac's fictionalized name in the novel Go?
(a) Hart Kennedy.
(b) Paul Hobbes.
(c) Gene Pasternak.
(d) Albert Ancke.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Gregory Corso born?
2. What is the title of the first book Jack Kerouac published?
3. What university did William S. Burroughs attend?
4. When was Philip Whalen born?
5. What is Neal Cassady's mother's name?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)