|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death is "Thou Shalt Not Kill" written in mourning of?
(a) Jack Kerouac.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Dylan Thomas.
2. In what year was Allen Ginsberg born?
3. In "Sunflower Sutra," Ginsberg writes that a sunflower is trying to become a _______________.
4. When did Allen Ginsberg begin attending Columbia University?
5. What excerpt of Gregory Corso's questions what it means to be Beat and if there is even such a thing?
(a) "Song of a Generation."
(b) "Variations on a Generation."
6. William S. Burroughs' family made a fortune from producing ____________.
(a) Fur coats.
(b) Ink pens.
(d) Adding machines.
7. In Neal Cassady's letter to Kerouac from Kansas City, Cassady explains how he met a girl named ___________.
8. Who is Allen Ginsberg known as in On the Road?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Jack Duluoz.
(c) Carlo Marx.
(d) Cody Pomeray.
9. Where was Jack Kerouac born?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Lowell, MA.
(c) San Francisco, CA.
(d) San Jose, CA.
10. Where was Gregory Corso born?
(a) Sacramento, CA.
(b) Portland, OR.
(c) Boston, MA.
(d) New York, NY.
11. Where did Jack Kerouac attend college?
12. Where was Neal Cassady born?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Denver, CO.
(c) Salt Lake City, UT.
(d) Los Angeles, NY.
13. When was Rotterdam bombed by the Nazis?
14. Where did Carl Soloman meet Allen Ginsberg?
(a) A mental institution.
(b) A zoo.
(c) An art opening.
15. When was Philip Whalen born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Michael McClure's fictionalized character in Big Sur?
2. What is Herbert Huncke's fictionalized name in Go?
3. "Kaddish" is a poem about the life and death of whom?
4. In what year did Neal Cassady die?
5. What is Neal Cassady's mother's name?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)