|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character Japhy Ryder is based on in "The Dharma Bums"?
(a) Gary Sneider.
(b) Jack Duluoz.
(c) Cody Pomeray.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
2. What university did William S. Burroughs attend?
3. In what year was Allen Ginsberg born?
4. When was Gregory Corso born?
5. "Song" by Allen Ginsberg is a simple poem about ____________.
6. In what year was William S. Burroughs born?
7. Who conceived the Six Gallery reading?
(a) Floyd Williams.
(b) Allen Ginsberg.
(c) Wally Hedrick.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
8. In what year does Jack Kerouac meet Neal Cassady?
9. In "One Thousand Fearful Words for Fidel Castro," Ferlinghetti is convinced that Castro's cause is ___________.
10. Where was Neal Cassady born?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Los Angeles, NY.
(c) Denver, CO.
(d) Salt Lake City, UT.
11. What were the charges brought against the poem "Howl"?
12. What is Jack Kerouac's fictionalized name in the novel Go?
(a) Paul Hobbes.
(b) Albert Ancke.
(c) Hart Kennedy.
(d) Gene Pasternak.
13. "A Supermarket in America" describes Ginsberg grocery shopping with a vision of whom?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) Karl Marx.
(d) Norman Mailer.
14. What is the name of the girl Kerouac describes meeting in "The Subterraneans"?
15. Who is Neal Cassady known as in On the Road?
(a) Jonny Moriarty.
(b) Dean Moriarty.
(c) Carlo Marx.
(d) Cody Pomeray.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Neal Cassady die?
2. What is the first excerpted selection of Gregory Corso's in the text?
3. Whose death is "Thou Shalt Not Kill" written in mourning of?
4. Who opened the City Lights Bookstore?
5. Where was Gregory Corso born?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)