|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university did William S. Burroughs attend?
2. Who is Jack Kerouac known as in On the Road?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Jack Duluoz.
(c) Sal Paradisio.
(d) Carlo Marx.
3. Neal Cassady's moniker in "Visions of Cody" was Cody ______________.
4. In "Sunflower Sutra," Ginsberg writes that a sunflower is trying to become a _______________.
5. What was Allen Ginsberg's father's name?
6. Where did Jack Kerouac attend college?
7. What business did Neal Cassady's father open in Los Angeles, CA?
(a) Convenience Store.
(c) Candy Store.
8. What is the name of John Clellon Holmes' representation of himself in Go?
(a) Peter Dexter.
(b) Peter Henderson.
(c) Paul Hobbes.
(d) Michael Dollen.
9. What is the name of the evil force that is everywhere in "Howl"?
10. When did the Six Gallery reading take place?
11. Where did the Six Gallery reading take place?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
12. Whom did Neal Cassady marry in 1948?
(a) Marie Smith.
(b) Carolyn Robinson.
(c) Sarah Pomeray.
(d) Joan Anderson.
13. How old was Neal Cassady when his parents divorced?
14. Upon which Beat writer was The Dharma Bums based?
(a) Allen Ginsberg.
(b) Michael McClure.
(c) Neal Cassady.
(d) Gary Snyder
15. In what year did Allen Ginsberg meet Neal Cassady?
Short Answer Questions
1. What excerpt of Gregory Corso's questions what it means to be Beat and if there is even such a thing?
2. What is the name of the character based on Neal Cassady in Go?
3. When did Allen Ginsberg begin attending Columbia University?
4. When was Gregory Corso born?
5. In the 211th Chorus of "Mexico City Blues," Jack Kerouac wishes to be freed from the material world through _____________.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)