|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the novel Go published?
2. Whose death is "Thou Shalt Not Kill" written in mourning of?
(a) Dylan Thomas.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
3. When was Philip Whalen born?
4. Whom did Neal Cassady marry in 1948?
(a) Carolyn Robinson.
(b) Sarah Pomeray.
(c) Joan Anderson.
(d) Marie Smith.
5. When was Neal Cassady born?
6. What is Allen Ginsberg's most famous work?
7. The Beat Generation started off in what city?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
8. When did Herbert Huncke meet William S. Burroughs?
9. Where was Neal Cassady born?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Los Angeles, NY.
(c) Denver, CO.
(d) Salt Lake City, UT.
10. "A Supermarket in America" describes Ginsberg grocery shopping with a vision of whom?
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) Norman Mailer.
11. Where was Michael McClure born?
(a) Jackson, Mississippi.
(b) Ft. Wayne, Kentucky.
(c) Marysville, Kansas.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
12. The character "Elsie John" in the poem by Herbert Huncke is a __________.
13. Which is the first of Lawrence Ferlinghetti's poems featured in Some San Francisco Renaissance Poets Part One?
(a) "Lost Highway."
(d) "Coney Island of the Mind."
14. Who opened the City Lights Bookstore?
(a) Allen Ginsberg.
(b) Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
(c) John Clellon Holmes.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
15. What is the title of Neal Cassady's unfinished autobiography?
(a) "The Kesey Bus."
(b) "The Final Third."
(c) "The Fast Years."
(d) "The First Third."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dean trade for a a watch in Mexico in On the Road?
2. "Song" by Allen Ginsberg is a simple poem about ____________.
3. In what year does Jack Kerouac meet Neal Cassady?
4. Who is Neal Cassady known as in On the Road?
5. In what year was John Clellon Holmes born?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)