|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Three Commentators on the Beat Generation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank O'Hara was a key member of what literary circle?
(a) New School of Poetry.
(b) Beat West Coast.
(c) New York School of Poetry.
(d) San Francisco Renaissance.
2. In "Sunflower Sutra," Ginsberg writes that a sunflower is trying to become a _______________.
3. Who opened the City Lights Bookstore?
(a) John Clellon Holmes.
(b) Allen Ginsberg.
(c) Jack Kerouac.
(d) Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
4. Where is Amiri Baraka from?
(a) Cleveland, Mississippi.
(b) Sacramento, California.
(c) Newark, New Jersey.
(d) New York, New York.
5. What is the name of Michael McClure's fictionalized character in Big Sur?
(a) Mark McDougal.
(b) Michael McLear.
(c) Andrew Carlotti.
(d) Pat McLear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Diane DiPrima from?
2. When was Philip Lamantia born?
3. When did Neal Cassady's parents divorce?
4. Which of the founders of Russian anarchism is referred to in the poem "April Fool Birthday Poem for Grandpa"?
5. When was Ray Bremser born?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)