|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tales of Beatnik Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the first of Lawrence Ferlinghetti's poems featured in Some San Francisco Renaissance Poets Part One?
(a) "Lost Highway."
(c) "Coney Island of the Mind."
2. In what year did Gregory Corso meet Allen Ginsberg?
3. Where was Gregory Corso born?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Boston, MA.
(c) Portland, OR.
(d) Sacramento, CA.
4. In the 211th Chorus of "Mexico City Blues," Jack Kerouac wishes to be freed from the material world through _____________.
5. Where is Amiri Baraka from?
(a) Cleveland, Mississippi.
(b) Sacramento, California.
(c) Newark, New Jersey.
(d) New York, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Night Is a Space of White Marble" carries a reference to which Greek god?
2. Whom does Philip Whalen write of drinking with in "Prose Take-Out Portland 13:ix:58"?
3. Where is the city of Rotterdam, cited in Corso's "Vision of Rotterdam"?
4. Who is "Mr. Dullness" likely a reference to in the poem "A Dim View of Berkeley in the Spring"?
5. Where was Neal Cassady born?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)