|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Other Fellow Travelers Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Gary Snyder born?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. Where did Diane DiPrima attend college before dropping out to become a poet?
(a) Columbia University.
(b) Rutgers University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Swarthmore College.
3. Upon which Beat writer was The Dharma Bums based?
(a) Michael McClure.
(b) Gary Snyder
(c) Neal Cassady.
(d) Allen Ginsberg.
4. Whose death is "Thou Shalt Not Kill" written in mourning of?
(a) Dylan Thomas.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
5. Where was Ed Sanders born?
(a) Kansas City, MO.
(b) Little Rock, AR.
(c) New Hope, PA.
(d) Patterson, NJ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poem of Amiri Baraka's describes the black music scene in Newark in the early 1960s?
2. What jazz musician does Jack Kerouac write about in "Mexico City Blues"?
3. What is the title of Neal Cassady's unfinished autobiography?
4. How old was Gary Snyder when he was laid up for an accident for four months?
5. Who conceived the Six Gallery reading?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)