|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Some San Francisco Renaissance Poets Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became Allen Ginsberg's lover after his move to California?
(a) Mark Patterson.
(b) Michael Orlovsky.
(c) Adam Schwartz.
(d) Peter Orlovsky.
2. Which is the first of Lawrence Ferlinghetti's poems featured in Some San Francisco Renaissance Poets Part One?
(a) "Coney Island of the Mind."
(b) "Lost Highway."
3. What business did Neal Cassady's father open in Los Angeles, CA?
(b) Convenience Store.
(c) Candy Store.
4. Who opened the City Lights Bookstore?
(a) John Clellon Holmes.
(b) Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
(c) Allen Ginsberg.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
5. What is the first excerpted selection of Gregory Corso's in the text?
(a) "Vision at Rotterdam."
(b) "The Mad Yak."
(d) "I Am 25."
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Neal Cassady move to New York and meet Allen Ginsberg and Jack Kerouac?
2. William Everson credits Rexroth with launching Beat poetry more so than whom?
3. In what year was Allen Ginsberg born?
4. Whom does Neal Cassady write about visiting in the hospital after a suicide attempt in his letters to Kerouac?
5. What is Jack Kerouac's fictionalized name in the novel Go?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)