|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Enter Neal Cassady.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Allen Ginsberg begin attending Columbia University?
2. When was Rotterdam bombed by the Nazis?
3. What is Herbert Huncke's fictionalized name in Go?
(a) Hart Kennedy.
(b) Peter Henderson.
(c) Paul Hobbes.
(d) Albert Ancke.
4. In his letters to Kerouac, whom does Cassady write that he has been sleeping with, but her mother doesn't like him?
5. Upon which Beat writer was The Dharma Bums based?
(a) Gary Snyder
(b) Allen Ginsberg.
(c) Michael McClure.
(d) Neal Cassady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character Japhy Ryder is based on in "The Dharma Bums"?
2. How many children did Neal Cassady's mother have before meeting his father?
3. What does Dean trade for a a watch in Mexico in On the Road?
4. Where was Jack Kerouac born?
5. In "Sunflower Sutra," Ginsberg writes that a sunflower is trying to become a _______________.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)