|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Herbert Huncke, John Clellon Holmes, Carl Solomon, and Gregory Corso.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character Japhy Ryder is based on in "The Dharma Bums"?
(a) Gary Sneider.
(b) Jack Duluoz.
(c) Cody Pomeray.
(d) Dean Moriarty.
2. To whom does Allen Ginsberg write from a mental institution in "Howl"?
(a) Carl Solomon.
(b) Neal Cassady.
(c) Mark Patterson.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
3. What is the title of the first book Jack Kerouac published?
(a) The Dharma Bums.
(b) The Town and the City.
(c) On the Road.
(d) Big Sur.
4. In what year did Gregory Corso meet Allen Ginsberg?
5. Where was Jack Kerouac born?
(a) San Jose, CA.
(b) Lowell, MA.
(c) New York, NY.
(d) San Francisco, CA.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Song" by Allen Ginsberg is a simple poem about ____________.
2. In what year was Allen Ginsberg born?
3. In what year does Jack Kerouac meet Neal Cassady?
4. The character "Elsie John" in the poem by Herbert Huncke is a __________.
5. In what year was Jack Kerouac born?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)