|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Allen Ginsberg and William Burroughs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Allen Ginsberg born?
2. In the 211th Chorus of "Mexico City Blues," Jack Kerouac wishes to be freed from the material world through _____________.
3. What is the name of the evil force that is everywhere in "Howl"?
4. What is the name of the girl Kerouac describes meeting in "The Subterraneans"?
5. For whom was Jack Kerouac once a sports writer?
(a) The Columbia Sun.
(b) The Lowell Sun.
(c) The Princeton Review.
(d) The Herald Review.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was William S. Burroughs born?
2. Where did Allen Ginsberg move in the 1950s?
3. In what year was Jack Kerouac born?
4. In what year did Allen Ginsberg meet Neal Cassady?
5. To whom does Allen Ginsberg write from a mental institution in "Howl"?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)