|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Unspeakable Visions of the Individual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is William Burroughs Junior when he first smokes marijuana in "Tales of Beatnik Glory"?
2. In "Visions of Cody," Cody is especially talented at ______________.
3. In "Dinners and Nightmares," the author describes mashed potatoes and tomato sauce, which is referred to as _____________.
(a) "Scarlet potatoes."
(b) "Menstrual potatoes."
(c) "Blood potatoes."
(d) "Communist potatoes."
4. Where was Ray Bremser born?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Jersey City, NJ.
(c) New Orleans, LA.
(d) San Francisco, CA.
5. What is the title of the first book Jack Kerouac published?
(a) The Town and the City.
(b) Big Sur.
(c) On the Road.
(d) The Dharma Bums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character Japhy Ryder is based on in "The Dharma Bums"?
2. Where did Carl Soloman meet Allen Ginsberg?
3. Which is the first of Lawrence Ferlinghetti's poems featured in Some San Francisco Renaissance Poets Part One?
4. When was Ray Bremser born?
5. In what year was William S. Burroughs born?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)