|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tales of Beatnik Glory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does William Burroughs Junior go to visit his father in "Tales of Beatnik Glory"?
2. How old is William Burroughs Junior when he first smokes marijuana in "Tales of Beatnik Glory"?
3. Whom did Charles Bukowski write an article about meeting shortly before his death in "Tales of Beatnik Glory"?
(a) Neal Cassady.
(b) Jack Kerouac.
(c) William S. Burroughs.
(d) Allen Ginsberg.
4. The poem "The Night Is a Space of White Marble" describes a wild experience in __________.
(a) New York.
5. For what Los Angeles paper did Charles Bukowski write a weekly column?
(a) "Angel City."
(b) "The Beat Reader."
(c) "Los Angeles Chronicle."
(d) "Open City."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character based on Neal Cassady in Go?
2. Who is the author of "I Have Given Fair Warning"?
3. Who wrote "Dinners and Nightmares"?
4. "The Night Is a Space of White Marble" carries a reference to which Greek god?
5. What was the name of Gary Snyder's father?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)