|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle says that the poor need to make sure they do what to the rich?
(a) Protect their property.
(b) Tax them.
(c) Take money and redistribute it.
(d) Include them in decisions.
2. Aristotle says there should be a court set up, specifically, to deal with what?
3. Aristotle advocates development of the spiritual character virtues within every individual as a means to what?
(a) Create a sense of virtue.
(b) Instill pride.
(c) Educate the people.
(d) Further the state.
4. Aristotle says that democracies mistakenly assume that equality in one area means what?
(a) Inequality in others.
(b) Universal equality.
(c) Equality of social standing.
(d) Inequality of property rights.
5. Reason, habituation, and what, form a triplicate of forces available to every man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aristotle thinks that the constitution of the Lacedaemonians is what?
2. Aristotle says that a professional musician is like a what?
3. Aristotle says that trouble arises within a state when people who deserve _______ are denied them.
4. What is defined as things for rest and relaxation but does not make a good end in itself?
5. According to Aristotle, music can contribute to the development of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Aristotle, how can a tyrannical move still be right?
2. How does education support the government?
3. What is the sign of a healthy state for Aristotle?
4. What is a statement that describes the belief about equality in an oligarchy?
5. What are the characteristics of a sound man according to Aristotle?
6. For Aristotle, what does it mean to live in the manner of one's choosing?
7. What are the virtues related to the top positions in an oligarchy according to Aristotle?
8. What is a representation issue where factions might occur?
9. Why does Aristotle think that musical education is essential to the development of a citizen?
10. Why does Aristotle think that political factions emerge?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)