|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle says that the identity of the state is connected to what?
(a) Its location.
(b) Its enemies.
(c) Its production.
(d) Its flag.
2. In educating children, Aristotle believes in a certain amount of what?
(a) Physical discipline.
(c) Learning by rote.
(d) Learning by doing.
3. Aristotle believes that poor and middle-class politicians should be what?
(a) Not allowed.
4. According to Aristotle, what will be greatest amongst those of superior intellect and character?
5. Aristotle says that a government will have problems when more of its people are interested in profit than in what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aristotle believes that there are ________ underpinnings to the city-state in practice.
2. In an oligarchy, Aristotle believes that there are normally what type of requirements on citizenship privileges?
3. Aristotle says that democracies mistakenly assume that equality in one area means what?
4. Aristotle believes that something is greater in value than any possessions one might have. What is it?
5. What is defined as things for rest and relaxation but does not make a good end in itself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are kings and tyrants similar?
2. How does education support the government?
3. What is a primary aspect of a tyrant's rule and how do they work to preserve their rule?
4. What questions does Aristotle want answered about the courts in each state?
5. How does Aristotle define melodies?
6. What is a representation issue where factions might occur?
7. What kind of law does a good monarch adhere to?
8. What is the difference between play and leisure?
9. What is the purpose of a communal meal?
10. What are the virtues related to the top positions in an oligarchy according to Aristotle?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)