|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle says that a lack of what, is the primary source of changes within a state's constitution?
2. Unarmed and lightly armed combat is typically the preserve of whom, according to Aristotle?
(a) The women.
(b) The young men.
(c) The poor.
(d) The middle-class.
3. Aristotle says that the identity of the state is connected to what?
(a) Its enemies.
(b) Its location.
(c) Its flag.
(d) Its production.
4. Aristotle says that a government will have problems when more of its people are interested in profit than in what?
5. Aristotle says the Lacedaemonians have a Council of Elders and another council with this name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aristotle urges that kingship be granted on virtues of birth and what?
2. Aristotle says that the longest lasting and most effective kings are those whose authority is what?
3. Aristotle defines the second sign of social and political liberty as what?
4. What kind of musical method is Aristotle in favor of?
5. Aristotle believes that a good monarch is not above what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a primary aspect of a tyrant's rule and how do they work to preserve their rule?
2. What is the sign of a healthy state for Aristotle?
3. For Aristotle, what does it mean to live in the manner of one's choosing?
4. What does Aristotle believe the relationship between virtue and prosperity is?
5. What are the characteristics of a sound man according to Aristotle?
6. What is a statement that describes the belief about equality in an oligarchy?
7. Why does Aristotle think that musical education is essential to the development of a citizen?
8. What are the virtues related to the top positions in an oligarchy according to Aristotle?
9. What is a representation issue where factions might occur?
10. What is the difference between play and leisure?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)