|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle believes that poor and middle-class politicians should be what?
(c) Not allowed.
2. The Greeks called physical training what?
3. Reason, habituation, and what, form a triplicate of forces available to every man?
4. Leisure is closely related to the development of virtues and what?
(c) Civic duties.
5. Aristotle believes that ensuring the division and inheritance of estates is a way to control wealth and what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When a government is seen by the people as being excessive, what will that create?
2. In educating children, Aristotle believes in a certain amount of what?
3. Education should be organized on a great scale so that the children can be prepared for life in ways that what?
4. Aristotle says that the poor need to make sure they do what to the rich?
5. Aristotle says that factions emerge from a desire for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Aristotle, how can a tyrannical move still be right?
2. What questions does Aristotle want answered about the courts in each state?
3. What is the sign of a healthy state for Aristotle?
4. Why does Aristotle argue for the development of a spiritual character for each person?
5. Why do oligarchs tend to come from the wealthy?
6. Why does Aristotle think that political factions emerge?
7. What is one way that Aristotle describes of how strife between economic classes can lead to a change in government?
8. For Aristotle, what does it mean to live in the manner of one's choosing?
9. How are kings and tyrants similar?
10. What is a primary aspect of a tyrant's rule and how do they work to preserve their rule?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)