|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle says that the most important factor is that the _______ supports the style of government.
2. In educating children, Aristotle believes in a certain amount of what?
(b) Learning by rote.
(c) Learning by doing.
(d) Physical discipline.
3. Aristotle says that kings and tyrants are what?
4. Aristotle posits that happiness rests on what, for its manifestation within the human life?
5. In an oligarchy, Aristotle believes that there are normally what type of requirements on citizenship privileges?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dionysus of Syracuse ruled on what island?
2. Aristotle says the Lacedaemonians have a Council of Elders and another council with this name.
3. The Greeks called physical training what?
4. Aristotle says that a ______ state will have everyone recognizing that it is in his best interests to work with the state.
5. When people are younger they should learn to play instruments. When they are older they should do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aristotle think about the vulnerability of monarchies to tyranny?
2. What are the characteristics of a sound man according to Aristotle?
3. What is a statement that describes the belief about equality in an oligarchy?
4. What is a representation issue where factions might occur?
5. What is a primary aspect of a tyrant's rule and how do they work to preserve their rule?
6. What are the virtues related to the top positions in an oligarchy according to Aristotle?
7. What is one way that Aristotle describes of how strife between economic classes can lead to a change in government?
8. What is the difference between play and leisure?
9. What does Aristotle believe the relationship between virtue and prosperity is?
10. How are kings and tyrants similar?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)