|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In educating children, Aristotle believes in a certain amount of what?
(a) Learning by rote.
(b) Learning by doing.
(d) Physical discipline.
2. Aristotle says that when the people are close to equal, the education system needs to be designed so that the ruled can do what?
(a) Develop a sense of civic duty.
(b) Develop into military men.
(c) Develop into rulers.
(d) Develop their talents.
3. Aristotle says that the identity of the state is connected to what?
(a) Its enemies.
(b) Its location.
(c) Its production.
(d) Its flag.
4. Aristotle says the Lacedaemonians have a Council of Elders and another council with this name.
5. Aristotle says that kings and tyrants are what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The lay of the land and the type of government have a direct influence on what military aspect of a city-state?
2. Aristotle says that democracies mistakenly assume that equality in one area means what?
3. What is the term Aristotle gives for a government that has a sovereign rule of one?
4. When a government is seen by the people as being excessive, what will that create?
5. Aristotle says that marriage needs to take what into account?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between play and leisure?
2. What is a representation issue where factions might occur?
3. What is a primary aspect of a tyrant's rule and how do they work to preserve their rule?
4. According to Aristotle, how can a tyrannical move still be right?
5. What are the virtues related to the top positions in an oligarchy according to Aristotle?
6. What is a statement that describes the belief about equality in an oligarchy?
7. Why do oligarchs tend to come from the wealthy?
8. What is the sign of a healthy state for Aristotle?
9. For Aristotle, what does it mean to live in the manner of one's choosing?
10. What questions does Aristotle want answered about the courts in each state?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)