|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Sicilian who had a monopoly was forced out of Syracuse by whom?
(a) Its ruler.
(b) The courts.
(c) The other producers.
(d) The other merchants.
2. What is the basic unit of society for Aristotle?
3. The writer of the second introduction was a scholar from where?
4. The philosopher says that there are different _______ involved in farming and law-making.
5. According to Aristotle, what is the form of government found in families?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the translator in this edition of of Aristotle's "Politics?"
2. Absolute monarchs are trusted completely by their subjects until what?
3. This type of constitution is not limited by actual conditions and is not required to function in practice.
4. Who was Aristotle's teacher?
5. Who founded the Spartan constitution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one virtue a political leader must have, according to Aristotle?
2. What is the goal of the second introduction?
3. What are the four types of constitutions?
4. What is Aristotle's cure for limiting desires that reach beyond needs?
5. Who are the guardians?
6. Aristotle says that age yields rank; what follows?
7. What is Aristotle's definition of the rational?
8. What is Aristotle's definition of a constitution?
9. What makes a democracy corrupt for Aristotle?
10. What are focal points in creating a constitution?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)