|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aristotle, the end in a democracy is the best interests of whom?
(a) The poor.
(b) The individual.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The rich.
2. Aristotle gives what name to the people who own crops and livestock?
(b) Stock holders.
3. Aristotle believes that anyone who is found with exceptionally high virtue will be encouraged to be what?
(a) The general.
(b) The ultimate judge.
(c) The kind.
(d) The tyrant.
4. Aristotle says that when an increase in free populace is needed, or when a state is new, there may be lax rules about what?
(a) Who can hold office.
(b) Who can hold property.
(c) Freeing slaves and women.
(d) How to be a citizen.
5. Aristotle divides the process of acquisition of goods into what number of means?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for a type of system that has leaders who are out of established lines of leaders?
2. How long has Aristotle's "Politics" been around?
3. Aristotle says that trying to accumulate more than what is needed is what?
4. The philosopher says that there are different _______ involved in farming and law-making.
5. Some of the difficulties that Aristotle doesn't address that have to do with larger groups of people might have been solved by what Empire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aristotle believe that people should be trained for?
2. For Aristotle, what are the virtues that a slave or skilled craftsman should develop?
3. What does Aristotle believe will happen to a man who has high virtue?
4. What is the top cause of crime, and how can it be solved?
5. What is the difference between a democracy and a polity?
6. What is the only motivation Aristotle allows for in placing someone above the law?
7. Who is Phaleas of Chalcedon?
8. Why does Aristotle believe that territory is one of the basics of what makes a state?
9. What is one suggestion made about the distribution of property in a city-state?
10. What is Aristotle's cure for limiting desires that reach beyond needs?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)