|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Democracy is a corruption of what?
(b) Communal rule.
2. A universal constitution means, according to Aristotle, that the constitution can do what?
(a) Function anywhere effectively.
(b) Not offend anyone.
(c) Include many different people in its laws.
(d) Provide for all different cultures.
3. Aristotle believes that it is possible for a good state to be governed by a monarch that is what?
4. Aristotle says that in order to receive the full load of privileges and obligations related to being a citizen, a person must what?
(a) Live in one place.
(b) Be educated.
(c) Have his parents be citizens.
(d) Be an adult.
5. Aristotle believes that it is only in what type of government that there will be people who view themselves as outside of, or above, the law?
(a) Despotic government.
(b) Abusive government.
(c) Dishonest government.
(d) Corrupt government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aristotle says that tyrants require what for protection?
2. The second introduction helps readers to what?
3. This is the type of constitution that is the very best possible constitution that can be applied within a real, live city-state or other state.
4. What is defined as the distribution and retail of merchandise?
5. The philosopher says that there are different _______ involved in farming and law-making.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of Thales of Miletus?
2. What is one reason Aristotle advocates for permanent rulership?
3. What are the various levels of organization within a society?
4. What makes a democracy corrupt for Aristotle?
5. What is an aristocracy?
6. What is Aristotle's definition of a constitution?
7. For Aristotle, what are the virtues that a slave or skilled craftsman should develop?
8. How does Aristotle divide the process of acquiring goods?
9. What are the two arguments relating to force and justice as Aristotle presents them?
10. What constitutions does Aristotle survey in his book?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)