|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the fireflies want to be In "Fireflies in the Garden"?
2. In "Sitting by a Bush in Broad Sunlight" what is breath's partner?
3. According to the poem "The Onset," which season mesmerizes?
4. How many chilldren call the mountain home in "The Birthplace"?
5. What shape is the city in "A Brook in the City?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frost paying tribute to in "Sand Dunes"?
2. What do the man and wife want to do with the brook in "The West-Running Brook"?
3. What is the observation Frost closes with in "The Bear"?
4. What does the cow do in "A Cow in Apple Time" once she is on a sugar high?
5. In "A Serious Step Lightly Taken" what has the property seen?
6. In "A Minor Bird" what is the conclusion the man comes to?
7. What does the couple feel at the end of "Two Look at Two"?
8. What idea about friendship does Frost share in "A Time to Talk"?
9. How does Frost describe the constellation in "Canis Major"?
10. What will the pools in "Spring Pools" give life to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a fable? How does Frost use fables in his poetry? Use examples from the poems to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What role does morality have in Frost's poetry? Use examples from the poems to strengthen your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using what Untermeyer states in the book, explain how "The Road Not Taken" is a parallel for Frost's life.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)