|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mowing," what is Frost using to cut grass?
2. In "The Lone Striker" why was Frost locked out of the mill?
3. According to Frost's observation in "The Figure in the Doorway," where does the man have all that he needs?
4. What is the name for a person who uses a part to suggest the whole?
5. In "A Hundred Collars," who converses with the professor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Untermeyer describe Frost?
2. What was the first sound Paul's wife made, according to "Paul's Wife"?
3. In "Snow," why does the husband suggest they forgive the pastor?
4. What does Frost wonder as he swings the scythe in "Mowing"?
5. What is the concluding reflection in "Two Tramps in Mud Time"?
6. "The Tuft of Flowers" brings what aspects of the workaday to life?
7. What does "Revelation" describe?
8. Describe the newspaper collector in "A Hundred Collars."
9. What is an anthologist?
10. How did Frost get his name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a fable? How does Frost use fables in his poetry? Use examples from the poems to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
A lot of Frost's poems are symbolic. What role does the weather play in Frost's poems? Use at least four specific examples in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples from the poems, explain how Frost shows his love of and sympathy for animals.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)