|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Frost grow up in?
2. "Snow" has what type of rhythm?
3. "Paul's Wife" is Frost's addition to what mythical American story?
4. Which poetic form describes Frost's "Paul's Wife"?
5. Where was Frost first published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the observation that begins "Birches"?
2. What did Frost do when he knew that he could live by poetry alone?
3. How did the men punish their enemies in "The Vindictives"?
4. Describe the newspaper collector in "A Hundred Collars."
5. How did Frost get his name?
6. What was Frost's role in the universities where he taught?
7. What happened to Frost in 1913?
8. What was the first sound Paul's wife made, according to "Paul's Wife"?
9. What praise did Amy Lowell give to the poem"The Wood Pile"?
10. What do "Death of the Hired Man" and "The Housekeeper" have in common?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples from the poems, explain how Frost shows his love of and sympathy for animals.
Essay Topic 2
How does Untermeyer show the evolution of Frost's poetry in the book? Cite specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How did Frost's jobs influence his poetry? Use examples from the book and poems to support your answer.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)