|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Paul's Wife," what was added to the item found in the log?
2. In "An Old Man's Winter Night," what does the moon leave on the snow that makes the man think that it is nicer than the sun?
3. How many stanzas are in "Brown's Descent"?
4. "The Housekeeper" is a dialogue between an old woman and a neighbor who is looking for a man named __________.
5. What is the poetic form of "Mowing"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first sound Paul's wife made, according to "Paul's Wife"?
2. What happened to Frost in 1913?
3. According to "The Code," what does Frost understand?
4. How did Frost get his name?
5. What do "Death of the Hired Man" and "The Housekeeper" have in common?
6. What does "Revelation" describe?
7. What was Frost's role in the universities where he taught?
8. What is an anthologist?
9. How does Untermeyer describe Frost?
10. What statement does "The Investment" make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using what Untermeyer states in the book, explain how "The Road Not Taken" is a parallel for Frost's life.
Essay Topic 2
Frost uses the seasons in his poems. Using specific examples, explain how Frost uses the seasons to express emotions.
Essay Topic 3
How does Frost use comparisons? Give at least one example from a poem of the following and explain its effectiveness and meaning: simile, metaphor, and analogy.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)