|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Hundred Collars," who converses with the professor?
2. How many poems are in the group entitled "The Hill Wife?"
3. The poem "Neglect" was a product of Frost's work at what academy?
4. The neighbor in "Mending Wall" says repeatedly that "good fences make __________."
5. Where was Frost first published?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the men punish their enemies in "The Vindictives"?
2. What is an anthologist?
3. What is "Brown's Descent" about?
4. What was Frost's role in the universities where he taught?
5. What does "House Fear" describe?
6. What did Frost do when he knew that he could live by poetry alone?
7. What happened to Frost in 1913?
8. What does "Revelation" describe?
9. What is the concluding reflection in "Two Tramps in Mud Time"?
10. "The Tuft of Flowers" brings what aspects of the workaday to life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the poems to support your answer, explain what role Frost gives to husbands and wives and why he uses them in his poetry.
Essay Topic 2
What is "The Golden Room" and what does it show about Frost?
Essay Topic 3
What is a fable? How does Frost use fables in his poetry? Use examples from the poems to support your answer.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)