|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frost says that the horse in "The Runaway" is shaking its coat like it is shaking off _________________.
(a) A rider.
2. How many stanzas are in "Canis Major"?
3. In the poem "In a Disused Graveyard," why does Frost believe that the stones would believe him if he said men have stopped dying?
(a) They don't care about man.
(b) They don't comprehend death.
(c) They have a limited vantage point.
(d) They are dense as rocks.
4. According to "Waspish," what does the wasp possess a lot of as it stretches?
5. The friends in "A Boundless Moment" think that the pale thing they saw in the distance is a flower until they remember that it is the month of ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do in "A Minor Bird" to try and silence the bird?
2. How many stanzas are there in "Design"?
3. How many leaves are clinging to the branch in "Looking for a Sunset Bird"?
4. According to Frost In "Spring Pools," what will happen to the puddles?
5. In "The West-Running Brook" what represents the idea of paying tribute to your beginnings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frost paying tribute to in "Sand Dunes"?
2. What do the man and wife want to do with the brook in "The West-Running Brook"?
3. What does the cow do in "A Cow in Apple Time" once she is on a sugar high?
4. What happens to the town the character in "The Census-Taker" is responsible for?
5. What does Frost remind himself of in "The Onset"?
6. How does Frost describe the constellation in "Canis Major"?
7. Why does the character in "Looking for a Sunset Bird in Winter" circle the tree?
8. What is asked of the fireman in "Evening in a Sugar Orchard"?
9. What does Frost observe about fireflies in "Fireflies in the Garden"?
10. What is the perspective "Canis Major" is written from?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)