|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the poem "The Onset," which season mesmerizes?
2. How many stanzas are there in "Design"?
3. According to the message of "The Oven Bird," for what kind of things does the bird offer advice?
4. During what season does the bird sing in "The Oven Bird"?
5. In "The West-Running Brook" what represents the idea of paying tribute to your beginnings?
(a) A leaf.
(b) A wave.
(c) A rock.
(d) A stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Patch of Old Snow," what is compared to the snow patch?
2. In 'Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening," the man thinks his horse is confused at stopping when there is no what nearby?
3. What is the normal state of the mountain in "The Birthplace"?
4. What color is the spider in "Design"?
5. In "Spring Pools" what do the puddles sit under?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea about friendship does Frost share in "A Time to Talk"?
2. What miracle foes "Sitting by a Bush in Broad Sunlight" contemplate?
3. What is unusual about the bird in "The Oven Bird"?
4. What do the man and wife want to do with the brook in "The West-Running Brook"?
5. What is asked of the fireman in "Evening in a Sugar Orchard"?
6. What does Frost remind himself of in "The Onset"?
7. What will the pools in "Spring Pools" give life to?
8. How does Frost describe the constellation in "Canis Major"?
9. What is Frost paying tribute to in "Sand Dunes"?
10. Why does the character in "Looking for a Sunset Bird in Winter" circle the tree?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)