|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the cow in "A Cow in Apple Time"?
(a) She gives birth.
(b) She gets stuck jumping over a wall.
(c) Her milk goes dry.
(d) She dies.
2. According to Frost In "Spring Pools," what will happen to the puddles?
(a) They will be sucked into the ground below.
(b) The roots of trees will drink them up.
(c) They will evaporate.
(d) The kids will splash in them and empty them.
3. What is the second thing the wasp in "The White-Tailed Wasp" mistakes for a fly?
(a) A strawberry.
(b) A huckleberry.
(c) A blueberry.
(d) A blackberry.
4. What does the man do in "A Minor Bird" to try and silence the bird?
(a) Cutting down the treest.
(b) Shoot the bird.
(c) Clap his hands.
(d) Blowing hot air at the bird.
5. In 'Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening," the man thinks his horse is confused at stopping when there is no what nearby?
Short Answer Questions
1. The friends in "A Boundless Moment" think that the pale thing they saw in the distance is a flower until they remember that it is the month of ________________.
2. How many stanzas are in "Looking for a Sunset Bird in Winter"?
3. In the final line of "Bereft" the character says that he has no one left but whom?
4. What do the singing birds want to come out of the ground in "Our Singing Strength"?
5. What mood is created in "Departmental"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the bird in "The Oven Bird"?
2. In "A Minor Bird" what is the conclusion the man comes to?
3. What do the man and wife want to do with the brook in "The West-Running Brook"?
4. What is the perspective "Canis Major" is written from?
5. What does Frost observe about fireflies in "Fireflies in the Garden"?
6. What does the couple feel at the end of "Two Look at Two"?
7. Why does the character in "Looking for a Sunset Bird in Winter" circle the tree?
8. What is Frost paying tribute to in "Sand Dunes"?
9. What does the character confess in the final line of "Bereft"?
10. In "A Serious Step Lightly Taken" what has the property seen?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)