|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are all the other animals in "The Runaway"?
(a) Out at work.
(b) In the house.
(c) In their stalls.
(d) There are no other animals.
2. How many stanzas are in "Canis Major"?
3. Frost points out in "Sitting by a Bush in Broad Sunlight," that the miracle of life and the miracle of ___________________ are still with humanity.
4. What was the subtitle in the original printing of "Departmental"?
(a) The End of My Ant Justice.
(b) The End of My Ant Jerry.
(c) The End of My Ant James.
(d) The End of My Ant Jessica.
5. In "Tree at My Window," what concern creates a kinship between the speaker and the tree?
(a) Inner and outer beauty.
(b) Inner and outer peace.
(c) Inner and outer weather.
(d) Inner and outer feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many chilldren call the mountain home in "The Birthplace"?
2. The friends in "A Boundless Moment" think that the pale thing they saw in the distance is a flower until they remember that it is the month of ________________.
3. What kind of poem is "Never Again Would Birds' Song Be the Same"?
4. What does a census count?
5. How many sets of five lines are contained in "Bereft"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea about friendship does Frost share in "A Time to Talk"?
2. What does the poem "Departmental" describe?
3. What is the main focus of "A Brook in the City"?
4. How does Frost describe the constellation in "Canis Major"?
5. What is the perspective "Canis Major" is written from?
6. What will the pools in "Spring Pools" give life to?
7. In "A Serious Step Lightly Taken" what has the property seen?
8. What is Frost paying tribute to in "Sand Dunes"?
9. In "The White-Tailed Hornet" what is Frost's reflection about humanity?
10. What does the character confess in the final line of "Bereft"?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)