|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the fireflies want to be In "Fireflies in the Garden"?
2. According to Frost In "Spring Pools," what will happen to the puddles?
(a) They will be sucked into the ground below.
(b) The roots of trees will drink them up.
(c) They will evaporate.
(d) The kids will splash in them and empty them.
3. What color is the flower in "Design"?
4. Frost says that the horse in "The Runaway" is shaking its coat like it is shaking off _________________.
(c) A rider.
5. In "The Runaway," what color is the horse as Frost sees it for the first time at the farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the spider in "Design"?
2. During what season does the bird sing in "The Oven Bird"?
3. What is the second thing the wasp in "The White-Tailed Wasp" mistakes for a fly?
4. According to Frost, what covers the well's opening In "For Once, Then, Something"?
5. What does the man do in "A Minor Bird" to try and silence the bird?
Short Essay Questions
1. What line does Frost use to close the poem "Hyla Brook"?
2. What does the poem "Departmental" describe?
3. What is the perspective "Canis Major" is written from?
4. What does Frost remind himself of in "The Onset"?
5. What wish does "The Runaway" end with?
6. What does the couple feel at the end of "Two Look at Two"?
7. What does Frost observe about fireflies in "Fireflies in the Garden"?
8. What is asked of the fireman in "Evening in a Sugar Orchard"?
9. What is the main focus of "A Brook in the City"?
10. What does the character confess in the final line of "Bereft"?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)