|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the road from the bottom of the mountain to the farm in "Brown's Descent"?
(a) Three miles.
(b) One mile.
(c) One and a half miles.
(d) Two miles.
2. What is "The Telephone" about?
3. What job does the man in "The Tuft of Flowers" hold?
4. What is the poetic form of "Mowing"?
5. According to the older man, what is at the top of the mountain in "The Mountain"?
(a) A cave.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A wise man.
(d) A cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Blueberries" deals with the life and economy of whom?
2. "To A Young Wretch" is written from the perspective of a lover of what natural setting?
3. At the beginning of "Two Tramps in Mudtime," what is Frost doing outdoors?
4. In "The Tuft of Flowers," what animal does the man follow to the flowers?
5. What city did Frost grow up in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an anthologist?
2. What is the observation that begins "Birches"?
3. What was Frost's role in the universities where he taught?
4. What is one example of Frost's poems that was a fable and had a moral?
5. What does the man in "The Star-Splitter" do to his house and why?
6. What did Frost do when he knew that he could live by poetry alone?
7. What was the first sound Paul's wife made, according to "Paul's Wife"?
8. How did Frost get his name?
9. What praise did Amy Lowell give to the poem"The Wood Pile"?
10. What statement does "The Investment" make?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)