|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does the man in "The Tuft of Flowers" hold?
2. What is the king of rides in "The Figure in the Doorway"?
(a) Train ride.
(b) Airplane ride.
(c) Horse ride.
(d) Car ride.
3. Which poem written by Gibson is quoted in the book?
(a) The Golden Room.
(b) The Golden Hour.
(c) The Golden Minds.
(d) The Golden Meeting.
4. Who owns the house where the man asks a question in "Love and a Question"?
(a) A couple with their first child.
(b) A newly married couple.
(c) A newly widowed woman.
(d) An older couple.
5. According to Frost's observation in "The Figure in the Doorway," where does the man have all that he needs?
(a) His small cabin.
(b) His large house.
(c) His cliff-side retreat.
(d) His van.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Frost's mother hold?
2. According to "Paul's Wife," what was added to the item found in the log?
3. "The Housekeeper" is a dialogue between an old woman and a neighbor who is looking for a man named __________.
4. According to Untermeyer, what does the poem "North of Boston" do?
5. What is the fence made of in "Mending Wall"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man in "The Star-Splitter" do to his house and why?
2. What does "House Fear" describe?
3. What is one example of Frost's poems that was a fable and had a moral?
4. What did Frost do when he knew that he could live by poetry alone?
5. What do "Death of the Hired Man" and "The Housekeeper" have in common?
6. What praise did Amy Lowell give to the poem"The Wood Pile"?
7. Describe the newspaper collector in "A Hundred Collars."
8. What happened to Frost in 1913?
9. Why does Untermeyer believe that "Love and a Question" places Frost in the company of the world's classic poets?
10. According to "The Code," what does Frost understand?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)