|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine did Louis Untermeyer co-found?
(a) The Seven Lines.
(b) The Seven Senses.
(c) The Seven Words.
(d) The Seven Arts.
2. According to "Blueberries," what bird's name is pronounced with the accent on the second syllable?
3. What is described in the opening of "The Wood Pile" ?
(a) The woods.
(b) The woodshed.
(c) The wood pile.
(d) The trees.
4. What was the name of Frost's first book of poetry?
(a) A Boy's Will.
(b) A Friend's Determination.
(c) A Man's Wants.
(d) A Child's Desires.
5. At the beginning of "Love and a Question," what does the man coming out of the night ask for?
(d) A ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poetic form describes Frost's "Paul's Wife"?
2. At the beginning of "Two Tramps in Mudtime," what is Frost doing outdoors?
3. According to "Paul's Wife," what was added to the item found in the log?
4. Who owns the house where the man asks a question in "Love and a Question"?
5. What is the fence made of in "Mending Wall"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one example of Frost's poems that was a fable and had a moral?
2. Why does Untermeyer believe that "Love and a Question" places Frost in the company of the world's classic poets?
3. What does "Revelation" describe?
4. How did the men punish their enemies in "The Vindictives"?
5. According to "The Code," what does Frost understand?
6. What is an anthologist?
7. What statement does "The Investment" make?
8. What does Frost wonder as he swings the scythe in "Mowing"?
9. What does "House Fear" describe?
10. What is the concluding reflection in "Two Tramps in Mud Time"?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)