|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What perspective is "Ghost House" written in?
(b) First person.
(d) Third person.
2. What is described in the opening of "The Wood Pile" ?
(a) The woodshed.
(b) The trees.
(c) The woods.
(d) The wood pile.
3. In "The Gum-Gatherer," Frost describes the gum as brown crystals that reveal _______ insides.
4. In "A Hundred Collars," who converses with the professor?
(a) Newspaper seller.
(b) Newspaper collector.
(c) Newspaper writer.
(d) Newspaper editor.
5. Frost returned to America after World War I to find that his books had been published by whom?
(a) Henry Holt.
(b) Henry Haris.
(c) Henry Hallows.
(d) Henry Hadkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Gum-Gatherer" where does the narrator meet a man?
2. Who owns the house where the man asks a question in "Love and a Question"?
3. In "The Tuft of Flowers," what animal does the man follow to the flowers?
4. Which poem written by Gibson is quoted in the book?
5. According to Frost's observation in "The Figure in the Doorway," where does the man have all that he needs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "Brown's Descent" about?
2. What happened to Frost in 1913?
3. What was Frost's role in the universities where he taught?
4. How does Untermeyer describe Frost?
5. What is an anthologist?
6. How did the men punish their enemies in "The Vindictives"?
7. What statement does "The Investment" make?
8. What does "Revelation" describe?
9. What did Frost do when he knew that he could live by poetry alone?
10. What does "House Fear" describe?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)