|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Paul's Wife" is Frost's addition to what mythical American story?
(a) Tom Sawyer.
(b) Paul Bunyan.
(c) Blue Bess.
(d) Davy Crockett.
2. According to "Blueberries," what bird's name is pronounced with the accent on the second syllable?
3. "The Housekeeper" is a dialogue between an old woman and a neighbor who is looking for a man named __________.
4. "Snow" has what type of rhythm?
5. "Brown's Descent" has a second name. What is it?
(a) The Without A Doubt Slide.
(b) The Willy Nilly Slide.
(c) The Way To Go Slide.
(d) The Wither Thou Goest Slide.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many poems are in the group entitled "The Hill Wife?"
2. What perspective is "Ghost House" written in?
3. In "The Tuft of Flowers," what animal does the man follow to the flowers?
4. In "To The Thawing Wind" what does Frost ask the wind to bring into his study?
5. What magazine did Louis Untermeyer co-found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frost wonder as he swings the scythe in "Mowing"?
2. What happened to Frost in 1913?
3. Why does Untermeyer believe that "Love and a Question" places Frost in the company of the world's classic poets?
4. How does Untermeyer describe Frost?
5. "The Tuft of Flowers" brings what aspects of the workaday to life?
6. What is the observation that begins "Birches"?
7. What was the first sound Paul's wife made, according to "Paul's Wife"?
8. What praise did Amy Lowell give to the poem"The Wood Pile"?
9. What did Frost do when he knew that he could live by poetry alone?
10. What statement does "The Investment" make?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)