|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Snow" has what type of rhythm?
2. Who is the narrator of "Mending Wall?"
(a) The younger speaker.
(b) The girl.
(c) The older speaker.
(d) The boy.
3. "Paul's Wife" is Frost's addition to what mythical American story?
(a) Blue Bess.
(b) Davy Crockett.
(c) Paul Bunyan.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
4. In what year was Frost born?
5. In "The Gum-Gatherer," Frost describes the gum as brown crystals that reveal _______ insides.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Blueberries" deals with the life and economy of whom?
2. Which poetic form describes Frost's "Paul's Wife"?
3. In "The Gum-Gatherer" where does the narrator meet a man?
4. According to "Blueberries," what bird's name is pronounced with the accent on the second syllable?
5. How old was Frost when his first professional poem was published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frost wonder as he swings the scythe in "Mowing"?
2. How did Frost get his name?
3. "The Tuft of Flowers" brings what aspects of the workaday to life?
4. What does the man in "The Star-Splitter" do to his house and why?
5. What do "Death of the Hired Man" and "The Housekeeper" have in common?
6. What is an anthologist?
7. What is the observation that begins "Birches"?
8. According to "The Code," what does Frost understand?
9. How did the men punish their enemies in "The Vindictives"?
10. What was the first sound Paul's wife made, according to "Paul's Wife"?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)