|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Spring Pools" what do the puddles sit under?
(a) Bare trees.
(c) Building porches.
2. According to Frost, what covers the well's opening In "For Once, Then, Something"?
3. How many sets of five lines are contained in "Bereft"?
4. In "The Flower Boat." where do the unused fishing dories find themselves?
(a) In the junkyard.
(c) On lawns.
(d) In the landfill.
5. What happens to the cow in "A Cow in Apple Time"?
(a) She gets stuck jumping over a wall.
(b) She dies.
(c) She gives birth.
(d) Her milk goes dry.
6. According to "Waspish," what does the wasp possess a lot of as it stretches?
7. In the final line of "Bereft" the character says that he has no one left but whom?
(b) His wife.
(d) His grandchild.
8. In "Canis Major," in what manner does the constellation move from east to west?
9. During what season does the bird sing in "The Oven Bird"?
10. What color is the spider in "Design"?
11. In 'Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening," the man thinks his horse is confused at stopping when there is no what nearby?
12. Frost says that the horse in "The Runaway" is shaking its coat like it is shaking off _________________.
(b) A rider.
13. What color was the object beyond Frost's reflection in the well in "For Once, Then, Something"?
14. According to "Sand Dunes," what will an ocean do if she cannot drown a man?
(a) Sting him with sandstorms.
(b) Have him walk over sand dunes to see her.
(c) Bury him in sand.
(d) Make him a sand dune.
15. What feeling does the ant in "Departmental" display when he comes across a dead member of his hive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the farmer urged towards in "A Blue Ribbon at Amesbury"?
2. What emotion does Frost give to the contemplating bear at the end of "The Bear"?
3. The friends in "A Boundless Moment" think that the pale thing they saw in the distance is a flower until they remember that it is the month of ________________.
4. How many stanzas are in "Looking for a Sunset Bird in Winter"?
5. In which line does "Hyla Brook" present its thesis?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)