|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the man move from the woods in "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"?
(d) The snow.
2. According to the message of "The Oven Bird," for what kind of things does the bird offer advice?
3. What is the normal state of the mountain in "The Birthplace"?
(a) Covered in trees.
(b) Rocky and harsh.
(c) With brush for the goats.
(d) Slippery and snowy.
4. In "Sitting by a Bush in Broad Sunlight" what is breath's partner?
5. What is the amount of the down payment on the land in "A Serious Step Taken Lightly"?
(a) One dollar.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
6. According to "Waspish," what does the wasp possess a lot of as it stretches?
7. In which line does "Hyla Brook" present its thesis?
8. What weather phenomena does "Bereft" present?
(a) The snow.
(b) The sun.
(c) The rain.
(d) The wind.
9. Frost says that the horse in "The Runaway" is shaking its coat like it is shaking off _________________.
(d) A rider.
10. In "A Patch of Old Snow," what is compared to the snow patch?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A letter.
(c) A book.
(d) A newspaper.
11. Who is the bear contemplating at the end of "The Bear"?
12. "The Runaway" is about a young horse who is not used to snow in _______________.
(a) New York.
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) New London.
(d) New England.
13. During what season does the bird sing in "The Oven Bird"?
14. What does the couple in "Two Look at Two" see standing on the other side of a wall?
(a) A cow.
(b) A calf.
(c) A fawn.
(d) A doe.
15. What does the ant meet in "Departmental" ?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The West-Running Brook" what represents the idea of paying tribute to your beginnings?
2. According to "Sand Dunes," what will an ocean do if she cannot drown a man?
3. In "Sitting by a Bush in Broad Sunlight," what interacts with the sun to create life?
4. What is the second thing the wasp in "The White-Tailed Wasp" mistakes for a fly?
5. In "Tree at My Window," Frost compares the tossing of the tree in the wind to the tossing of the speaker's _______________.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)