|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Frost, what covers the well's opening In "For Once, Then, Something"?
2. What weather phenomena does "Bereft" present?
(a) The wind.
(b) The snow.
(c) The rain.
(d) The sun.
3. Who is the bear contemplating at the end of "The Bear"?
4. What is scattered in the poem "Evening in a Sugar Orchard"?
5. In "The West-Running Brook" what represents the idea of paying tribute to your beginnings?
(a) A wave.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A stream.
(d) A rock.
6. What is the first thing the wasp in "The White-Tailed Wasp" mistakes for a fly?
(a) A series of dots.
(b) A series of nails.
(c) A series of nuts.
(d) A series of screws.
7. What do the singing birds want to come out of the ground in "Our Singing Strength"?
8. Who are having a conversation In "The West-Running Brook"?
(a) Father and son.
(c) Man and wife.
(d) A priest and rabbi.
9. In the poem "In a Disused Graveyard," why does Frost believe that the stones would believe him if he said men have stopped dying?
(a) They don't care about man.
(b) They have a limited vantage point.
(c) They don't comprehend death.
(d) They are dense as rocks.
10. How many leaves are clinging to the branch in "Looking for a Sunset Bird"?
11. How many stanzas are in "Canis Major"?
12. What color was the object beyond Frost's reflection in the well in "For Once, Then, Something"?
13. In "Spring Pools" what do the puddles sit under?
(b) Bare trees.
(d) Building porches.
14. "The Runaway" is about a young horse who is not used to snow in _______________.
(a) New England.
(b) New York.
(c) New London.
(d) New Hampshire.
15. In the final line of "Bereft" the character says that he has no one left but whom?
(b) His grandchild.
(c) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frost points out in "Sitting by a Bush in Broad Sunlight," that the miracle of life and the miracle of ___________________ are still with humanity.
2. In "Tree at My Window," Frost compares the tossing of the tree in the wind to the tossing of the speaker's _______________.
3. What is the normal state of the mountain in "The Birthplace"?
4. What color is the spider in "Design"?
5. What kind of poem is "Never Again Would Birds' Song Be the Same"?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)