|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Sitting by a Bush in Broad Sunlight," what interacts with the sun to create life?
2. In "Spring Pools" what do the puddles sit under?
(c) Building porches.
(d) Bare trees.
3. Frost points out in "Sitting by a Bush in Broad Sunlight," that the miracle of life and the miracle of ___________________ are still with humanity.
4. According to "Sand Dunes," what will an ocean do if she cannot drown a man?
(a) Sting him with sandstorms.
(b) Have him walk over sand dunes to see her.
(c) Make him a sand dune.
(d) Bury him in sand.
5. In "Canis Major," in what manner does the constellation move from east to west?
6. Why does the cow jump over the walls in "A Cow in Apple Time"?
(b) She thinks they are short.
(c) Sugar rush.
(d) She thinks she is a horse.
7. What feeling does the ant in "Departmental" display when he comes across a dead member of his hive?
8. What weather phenomena does "Bereft" present?
(a) The sun.
(b) The snow.
(c) The rain.
(d) The wind.
9. What shape is the city in "A Brook in the City?"
10. In "Tree at My Window," what concern creates a kinship between the speaker and the tree?
(a) Inner and outer beauty.
(b) Inner and outer feelings.
(c) Inner and outer weather.
(d) Inner and outer peace.
11. According to Frost, what covers the well's opening In "For Once, Then, Something"?
12. Where are all the other animals in "The Runaway"?
(a) Out at work.
(b) In the house.
(c) There are no other animals.
(d) In their stalls.
13. What is the farmer urged towards in "A Blue Ribbon at Amesbury"?
14. Who are having a conversation In "The West-Running Brook"?
(b) Father and son.
(c) Man and wife.
(d) A priest and rabbi.
15. In which line does "Hyla Brook" present its thesis?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Waspish," what does the wasp possess a lot of as it stretches?
2. In the poem "In a Disused Graveyard," why does Frost believe that the stones would believe him if he said men have stopped dying?
3. Frost's poems are said to have "catholic appeal." Which phrase is synonymous with "catholic appeal"?
4. What color was the object beyond Frost's reflection in the well in "For Once, Then, Something"?
5. What do the singing birds want to come out of the ground in "Our Singing Strength"?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)